Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Viotek GFV27DAB Review: An Affordable Mid-Range Monitor Option | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageViotek GFV27DAB Review: An Affordable Mid-Range Monitor Option | MMORPG.com

One of the monitor brands Bradford has always been interested in trying has been Viotek. I've been fascinated by the brand as it offers many of the features of higher cost monitors: low response times, high refresh rates, variable refresh rate and more at much lower costs. But is it a good performer at the (relatively) low cost for a high refresh, VRR monitor?

Read the full story here

Comments

• lotrlorelotrlore Managing EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 555

Mars_OMG said:

Just read your bio, why would anyone ever leave playboy O.o , anyway monitor seems a bit pricey, there are some 27 inch 1080p displays about 40-60 dollar cheaper, once one reaches past 250, might as well look for a t.v. :)

Little hard to stay as a freelancer when Playboy nukes their gaming division for the most part.

TRUST me, it was always fun to explain to people when it came up in conversation. Still is, in fact.
    [Deleted User]
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I bought a 32 inch viotek and it was good, i broke it though when i flipped my comp table
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • donzin08donzin08 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    True, it might be pricier than a 1080p but that's to be expected with a 1440p monitor. i have two viotek's myself (there 32inch curve and a 27 inch both in 1080p) and I definitely rave about this brand. Might have to take a look into picking up this one as well. great review!
  • FoolOfATook39FoolOfATook39 Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Viotek are utter garbage that I would t wish on my enemy. If you see one and feel one in person you will understand what a true ghetto budget monitor is and also appreciate a good quality monitor from Asus and the like.
  • UnkillableUnkillable Member UncommonPosts: 123
    shots fired, but in all honesty, that monitor is too expensive.

if I'm paying 300$ I want a real name brand, 1440p or not. paying close to regular price for an "off brand" doesn't really make sense.

I'm having trouble with the fact that the article says similar name brand monitors cost around 300$ while this is 291$.... doesn't make sense.

I have no problem with considering this Viotek brand with the same fairness as other name brands. but these experiences seem to really vary in consistency, people review these products so differently. I think that may be because of an inconsistent product, and that is just how a consumer mind works.
    [Deleted User]
  • GameByNightGameByNight Hardware and Technology EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 793

Viotek are utter garbage that I would t wish on my enemy. If you see one and feel one in person you will understand what a true ghetto budget monitor is and also appreciate a good quality monitor from Asus and the like.

Hard disagree. I have evaluated more monitors than most people will own in their life across the entire price spectrum sub-$3000 and that is flat out not true.
  • GameByNightGameByNight Hardware and Technology EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 793

Torval said:

Dunno, $300 for a VA panel just doesn't seem worth it when you can get IPS for usually just a little more. For example, right now BestBuy has an LG UltraGear 27" 2560x1440 1ms IPS Gsync/Freesync (27GN800-B) monitor on sale for $300. It's normally $400 and I think the little bit extra is worth it. LG makes greats monitors in my opinion. I have a similar model and love it.

There are several other options ranging from $300 - $500 for IPS panels. Why choose VA over IPS?

That's a good deal. Typically it would be response time but these days that less of an issue. The 1ms response time is marketing on most IPS or VA panels, though. Generally, VA will still be faster in real world GTG switching but whether or not that will even be perceptible is something else to consider.
    [Deleted User]