Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returning MMO Player

Comments

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    kitarad said:
    The whole definition of 250 or 128 for an MMORPG is meaningless.  Most are so instanced, at most times you see less than 50 on screen in combat areas.

By their definition, many MMORPGS we play would not make the label.  
    That is exactly it all these definitions completely lose their relevance when people are playing in groups and enjoying their games how they want. I was always a bit miffed when I played SWTOR thinking well 105 people on the top right is too little for an MMORPG but I was getting a group any time I needed one and it occurred to me that fundamentally nothing had changed and I was probably interacting with the same number of people I would have when I was playing Everquest in 1999. All the rest is just noise anyway.

As I said in my previous post, whether you care about it being a genuine MMO or not is completely subjective, and I expect for the majority of people they just don't care.

I do.

SWTOR is a great example. At launch it had a player cap of 75 per instance, so by Garriott and Raphs (and my) definition, it was not an MMORPG. Most people didn't care. I did. It is one of the many reasons I quit. So, why was it a problem for me, and not for others?

1) Lack of community
    This is really the biggest problem for me with online games that aren't massively multiplayer. They really struggle to form a good quality community. When the game is constantly segregating the community onto separate planets and then separate instances, you just never see the same people. This really prevents you from forming social bonds with the other people in game, the cumulative effect being a much lower quality community.

2) Lack of community events
    You can't run community events when the game prevents the community coming together. I tried. I organised a few guild and community events in the first few months of SWTOR on my server. Total disasters. The player caps made it impossible to gather everyone together to take part in the events.

3) Lack of open PvP
    If you're not a PvPer then this obviously wouldn't affect you, but I really enjoy open PvP. By that, I mean PvP without player caps, "open to everyone". We tried. But with caps of 75 players, we could never achieve the scale required, but more than that, each instance of ilum would end up very imbalanced: one would be full of jedi, the other sith, so both were no fun. Now, ofc, the engine couldn't even handle 75 players, let alone multiple hundreds, but still.

Obviously these issues are very personal to me and my playstyle. If you aren't community focused, or group focused, or PvP minded, then these issues won't affect you at all.
    Po_ggFaileasAlBQuirky
  • FaileasFaileas Member UncommonPosts: 84
    edited March 2021
    Po_gg said:
    I'm just pulling your leg - metaphysically, that is, Montag-style :)
    Ah, that Illuminati archive...  H.J. is such a troll.
    The sheer casualness of it all, too! 

"Well, I couldn't discount a manifestation of unconcious telekenisis..."

Ah, that's why I love this game... :) 
    Po_gg said:
    Honestly, I wasn't even too fond of the pvp side of the game, just went there when I needed an outfit, etc., or when there was an event, like the golem hunt - yep, Funcom thought it's a "fun" idea to put seasonal events into the pvp area.
    Oh, this is amazing! I just hope the PvP zone wasn't player protected... I can imagine how this goes: 

P_ogg: Guys, um, please do not attack me while I am trying to get my Christmas hat, okay? I'll be out here in a--

*turn around menacingly* PvPers *all donning their christmas hats already*: Ah, potential new bate... *jingle*

P_ogg: JUST LET ME GRAB MY CHRISTMAS HAT AND THEN I'LL BE OUT OF HERE I PROMISE

*snickering* PvPers: Try and see for yourself, little man... *jingle jingle*

P_ogg: *gulp*

Sorry... I couldn't help myself. I see an opportunity to be silly, and I take it. X) 
    Po_gg said:
    Back in the days Ayin did a nice (and short) summary about the different modes https://youtu.be/xWmz7GeXceQ
    The PvP mods look so fuuuun. :) I like the Stonehenge one a lot! Now I can say: "Stonehenge is mine! All mine...." 
    As I said in my previous post, whether you care about it being a genuine MMO or not is completely subjective, and I expect for the majority of people they just don't care.
    Well, it's not necessarily a matter of "care". It's more that just most people... are blatantly ignorant? :) I didn't know all this stuff, even though I've played MMOs for a while now, until you mentioned it. Which I think is fascinating... I wish I had joined this forum sooner, then I would be an MMORPG wizard by now (although one can argue what the use of that is... ;)). 
    I do.

SWTOR is a great example. At launch it had a player cap of 75 per instance, so by Garriott and Raphs (and my) definition, it was not an MMORPG. Most people didn't care. I did. It is one of the many reasons I quit. So, why was it a problem for me, and not for others?

1) Lack of community
    This is really the biggest problem for me with online games that aren't massively multiplayer. They really struggle to form a good quality community. When the game is constantly segregating the community onto separate planets and then separate instances, you just never see the same people. This really prevents you from forming social bonds with the other people in game, the cumulative effect being a much lower quality community.

2) Lack of community events
    You can't run community events when the game prevents the community coming together. I tried. I organised a few guild and community events in the first few months of SWTOR on my server. Total disasters. The player caps made it impossible to gather everyone together to take part in the events.

3) Lack of open PvP
    If you're not a PvPer then this obviously wouldn't affect you, but I really enjoy open PvP. By that, I mean PvP without player caps, "open to everyone". We tried. But with caps of 75 players, we could never achieve the scale required, but more than that, each instance of ilum would end up very imbalanced: one would be full of jedi, the other sith, so both were no fun. Now, ofc, the engine couldn't even handle 75 players, let alone multiple hundreds, but still.

Obviously these issues are very personal to me and my playstyle. If you aren't community focused, or group focused, or PvP minded, then these issues won't affect you at all.
    Hm, I don't think they're that personal. Now that you're bringing up all these issues, I do have to agree with some of them. You're giving words to my "murky" feelings about why I don't/didn't like a particular game, or where I could feel it improves on. These are all abstract and unconcious decisions that can have actual impact on one's experience of a game, so yes, it is important to address these isssues. Yeah, I think if you're a Guild Leader (I'm so glad I've never been in such a high position in my life, less cares and worries. o:)) your concerns are much more obviously felt and understandable. 

Ah, I hope I'm able to express myself succinctly... I mean, I want to write whole essays but I also think... "It's just a forum, not a school assignment!" I wish I poured in as much effort into my school assignments as I have here, though. ;) 

Post edited by Faileas on
    Po_ggAlBQuirkycameltosis
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Obviously these issues are very personal to me and my playstyle.
    I agree it kinda depends on playstyle, that's part of why the debate is still going on after all these years.
    Personally I don't mind the instances/layers, until it's either open-ended, or at least the cap is high enough.

Cryptic has the "Zones" for example (ever since CoH, started maybe out of technical necessity), and it works well. The cap is 50, which is a decent amount (when crowded around an NPC it's even too much :) ), so at an event like Risa (STO) with thousands of players at once, the game just creates 80-100 zones dynamically, as players show up.
    You can switch between the zones at will and meet with friends, the chat is shared, etc.
    The best of both worlds, lots of players at the same place, without turning the game unplayable.

Same for LotRO, it has a cap of 100 (but the areas are larger than STO's too), which is a decent number of people around.
    Not to mention it ain't a "fixed" cap, at special events like Weatherstock Turbine/SSG switches it off, that's how the 6-700 players can cramped onto Weathertop at once - and usually end up by crashing the server :)

TSW was similar (steering back to the thread), it started new layers fairly early (hence the low number of people you usually met by default), but the cap was 50 for player organised gatherings - and 450 in Fusang for the pvp people.

Yep, I believe I can fully side with those Garriott and Koster numbers. It depends on the world/area size, but on general if I can be at the same place with 100-200 players (anywhere and everywhere, not just in a central hub), that's massively enough for me and my playstyle.
    But I can also accept if others need a higher number.
    AlBQuirkyFaileas
    Faileas said:
    Oh, this is amazing! I just hope the PvP zone wasn't player protected... I can imagine how this goes:  [...]
    If only... but no, you had to pvp too.
    There was the "I killed a dev" t-shirt, for which you obviously had to kill one in Fusang.
    (as a non-pvp player, that t-shirt was my favourite possession in the game :) )

Then there was the Krampus at chrismas (with special powers), you could only turn into one if you killed an another Krampus player - of course everyone chased the Krampus player down, the competition was tough.

The golem was maybe the closest to PvE content, a world boss spawned in Fusang, had to take it down with united force (with some "collateral" frags on the side, I mean you can't really help if some players get into the AoE, right? :) ). But when it died... a bunch of players at one place, never ended up nicely.
    Usually we, who just went in for the golem and had no pvp deck nor interest of doing pvp, we died first.
    [Deleted User]AlBQuirkyFaileas
    P_oggggggggg, I made this for you! :smiley:

You are my muse... <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 :3333333 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I hope you like it, babe. Love ya~~~~! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo ~~*SMOOCH MWAH KISSIES*~~ ;DDDDDDDDD :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:
    UngoodcameltosisPo_ggAlBQuirkyKyleran
    Love it, saved it :)

Great artwork, now I'm kinda sad that my avatar is just that red circle...
    Many years ago the site had an engine switch, and replaced the avatars with similar faces, with different angles, colours, smile or angry, etc.

This was my auto-assigned avatar, and since I like tongue-in-cheek comments and replies, I kept it when mmorpg.com changed again. Plan was to keep it for a few weeks as a memento on the silly engine pick, but... kinda stucked with it.

Thanks again :P 

(also, no meanie intentions just talked about TSW the other day with a friend, Fusang golems mentioned too, and got this https://youtu.be/kpCdb8tjPVU
    At around 18 minutes the golem goes down, and even before the game can allocate the mission rewards for it, the temporary truce is already over and the massacre is on...)
    AlBQuirkyFaileas
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    Faileas said:
    This isn't a matter of "official" gaming terms. There is nothing official about any of them nor is their universal agreement on their meaning and application. Claimed legitimacy doesn't by necessity establish it.

So, take such declarations with a bit of salt, as you will see a wide variety in the usage of these terms between posters.

Regardless, the two categories I use most are games I enjoy and games I don't, as the remaining details aren't all that important to me.
    S-so cool... <3 Does that make TSWL an MMO, then? My head is spinning... @.@ Should I call it an "Shared World Action RPG" instead of an "MMO"...? Hm, perhaps I can alter the summary to something like this: 

I would say this game belongs to the Top 5 MMOs/Shared World Action RPG/Instance Lobby Game list (even though it is arguably not an MMO, nobody knows it's "true" definition... It is a mystery, like this game is). It offers a unique and alternative experience compared to most MMOs/Shared World Action RPG/Instance Lobby Game out there. Has great voice-acting and writing in it. The quests are fun and diverse, it's not just "fetch" quests. There are some mini-games in the form of puzzles that you have to solve. Also, the atmosphere and mood is very suspenseful, and it deals with whacky conspiracy theories and metaphysical/philosophy (pretty awesome, right?). If you like subtle humor and sarcastic dialogue, look no further. This game might have an active community? Also, a HUGE mystery. But don't worry, it's alllll part of the gaming experience... I'm told, heh... It is heavily instance based with a player cap of 1-10, so you might run into some people, you might not. But hey, this game is known for its ambiguity so just enjoy it as is. Or not? ;)
    AlBQuirky said:
    I'll go back reading the info shared here. I'm learning a lot :)
    Awesome! Makes me happy to hear that someone can at least gain something useful from my Thread. I'm learning a lot this way, too. :) 

As to whether SWL is a MMO or not depends.

What that descriptor is properly applied to is not agreed upon uniformly, so whether it suits SWL depends on what view one feels correct.

If you think Shared World better fits SWL, it's fine to describe it so.

Though people go on as if these descriptors and definitions matter I haven't found it so outside of forum debate. Whatever label is applied by you or others to SWL the enjoyment it provides you will remain the same.
    AlBQuirkyFaileasKyleran
    Po_gg said:
    Great artwork, now I'm kinda sad that my avatar is just that red circle...
    Nooo, I think that profile picture perfectly suits you!!! :D You're playful and also cheeky, which I like about you~~

NOW SEND ME YOUR RL PICT-- Just kidding, heh. :) Although, I won't deny that I am curious about how you look like and others here~~ And I don't mean that in a creepy way at all, heh! 

Isn't it weird that I didn't expect anyone to like my art? I always think to myself: "If I post this, no one is going to like it or they'll find me weird..." 

Po_gg (one day I will spell your name right, I promise!), you helped me a tonnes while I was here. If it weren't for you I wouldn't have found TSWL, which is an amazing game that would have otherwise gone shamefully unnoticed! But you know why I really like you, Po_gg? It's because you never gave up on me. Even when I told you no game was ever going to satisfy me, you still gave me more games to play. You didn't curse me. You didn't act high-and-mighty about it. You didn't make it about you. You were just being HELPFUL. This is so rare to see on the Internet these days. That's how I can tell you're a genuinely kind and goodhearted person. YOU ARE AWESOME, P_OGG. You have no idea how awesome you are. I can learn a lot from people like you. For this reason, I deem you worthy enough to be bestowed with my boons~~~ You are a TRUE man, P_ogg... MWAH *kisses you again* <3 :)

I wanted to leave you with this as a "good-bye" present. Thanks to MMORPG.com forums I suddenly felt a surge of inspiration to do what I really love to do, which is just CREATE. It wasn't videogames I was missing, or even the presence of others, I just lacked INSPIRATION. The short time I've spent here I've learned so much about myself and others... About the world. :) No one understand me. But this is how I feel regardless about having spent time here, as little as it was. 

It's a long elegy, but ahhh, I am so LIT from within you guys. SOOOO LIT. Haha. Anyway, thanks so much ya'll. It's been a great, fun ride. :) I ALSO MADE A CHARACTER SHEET OF EVERYONE THAT HAS SPOKEN TO ME THUS FAR (sorry if you're not included, some people are harder to read than others... :():

KnightFalz: Cool as a cucumber. Deflects my charms like a pr0. Very linear and focused thinker. Super nice to have around, ESPECIALLY for someone like me, who is the exact opposite: emotional and brash! Has helped me a lot in refocusing my energies and use it purposefully...

cameltosis: A sensitive guy on the inside, methinks... Cares a lot about what he does, which I think is sooo sweet... *squeals* Has a sense of humor because he gives me lols, too! CAMELTOSIS YOU ARE AMAZING LIKE P_OGG DON'T BE SADDD, OKAY?! *kisses you too* MWAH~! :D

AlBQuirky: HAS TO BE THE SWEETEST DUDE. And I'm not just saying that because he gives me Insightfuls every time I post something... I picture him as a hippie druid somewhere in the forest, gently assisting all the woodland critters. Has a dreamy and gentle countenance to him. :)

Torval: I just see him as a Sith Lord for some reason (it's his avatar, so pointy and redlike), but a nice Sith Lord. The kind of Sith Lord who carefully considers all sides of an issue and knows how to keep his raging emotions in check. Is also secretly a pr0 game developer, but doesn't mind hanging out with plebs like myself as long as I keep it on topic. 

kitarad: NICE GUY. He said "miffed" once and I thought that was the funnest word I've ever read. Seems to know stuff, too! I always imagine Kyubey is speaking directly to me because of his avatar.

Scot: Deserves an honorable mention because he was the first one to greet me!!! Thanks, Scot. :) I also like your avatar... I think your character looks really cool, and the blue hues calm my nerves...

Soverath: We got off on the wrong foot. I think we could get a long nicely if it weren't for my abrasiveness....

Kyleran: FUNNY GUY. Has a great sense of humor and I like his confidence. He's also smart because he made me think more broadly about stuff... Don't know him that well for the most part (d'uh). :) 

Twistedsister77: TOLD ME THAT I SHOULD JUST EXPRESS MYSELF! Now, look what you've done to me. ;) Makes up his OWN mind, like Ungood does. Which is super cool. Has helped me in making smart decisions a number of times (or was it one time??), but that's to be expected because he is so smart himself he does all thing EFFORTLESSLY. o:)

Ungood: COOLEST OF THE GANG. He is a fierce and independent user. He treats everyone equally and doesn't care how you feel. Is oddly sociable for someone who can acts so rebel like, though... A TOTAL ENIGMA! 

DISCLAIMER: Obviously, I don't know anything about you or what your actual personas are like! :D These are just my silly perceptions of some of you... I like to make characters around the people that I meet off and online, it's just a fun way for me to make "sense" of my surroundings. I expect for all of you to disagree with me on everything mentioned above. If you want me to do a character analysis of you, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I have a lot of fun making up characters!! For the time being, take care and I hope you all are doing great!!! <3 <3 <3 :) 

TwistedSister77Po_ggUngood
    edited April 2021
    What can I say, I like to be helpful :)  (maybe that's why I play healers as the main characters usually, and it's my selected role here as well)
    Especially in game-looking threads, where I can put to some good use my otherwise pretty useless knowledge about MMORPGs (I've played a lot of them...)
    Unless they seek specifically survival open pvp sandbox games, can't give suggestions on that area, I prefer the story-focus.

Name, any spelling is fine I guess...  it's actually Po and the gg suffix, from the early years of CS - yep, I did some heavy pvp back in the days, just not within MMORPGs.
    Don't know if people still say GG though, or play Counter-strike at all...
    For the record, it was way before the name Po got famous as the clusmy cartoon panda :)
    Similarly, when the pogchamp meme (and poggers) exploded, that was a low blow as well.

I was even toying the idea for a while to leave the _gg, kinda how Torval (nice sith lord is a great description btw :) ) left the "dr" from the end some years ago. But I guess I'm just too lazy for a profile edit.

Shots, I don't have much since I mostly just took shots about events and rare cosmetic pieces, but let's dig up something TSW...
    From the first cabal pride event, I attended with the character in the forum's cabal, even though by that time the cabal was kinda empty and dormant:
    That's Bill on the coat, and his catchphrase No bad PUG from the weekly MMOFTW videos. The cabal's name was The Lawbreakers, since, you know, Murphy's law
    (Mind you it wasn't a cabal-specific trenchcoat, it's from a forum giveaway)

And something with a face, an another favourite t-shirt of mine, a great answer on why MMORPGs instead of solo, singleplayer games:
    Just look at that poor kid on the seesaw, you simply can't solo a seesaw :)
    UngoodKyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Err, my avatar is a selfie.   ;)

See you on the flip side!

I'll think this U2 video might well describe you.

AlBQuirkyUngoodPo_gg

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Faileas said:
    AlBQuirky: HAS TO BE THE SWEETEST DUDE. And I'm not just saying that because he gives me Insightfuls every time I post something... I picture him as a hippie druid somewhere in the forest, gently assisting all the woodland critters. Has a dreamy and gentle countenance to him. :)
    Spot On! :lol:
    KyleranUngood[Deleted User]Po_ggTheocritus

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Faileas said:
    DISCLAIMER: Obviously, I don't know anything about you or what your actual personas are like! :D These are just my silly perceptions of some of you... I like to make characters around the people that I meet off and online, it's just a fun way for me to make "sense" of my surroundings. I expect for all of you to disagree with me on everything mentioned above. If you want me to do a character analysis of you, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I have a lot of fun making up characters!! For the time being, take care and I hope you all are doing great!!! <3 <3 <3 :) 

You have been surprisingly enjoyable to have here, I hope you stay around and add your distinctive charm to our little circle of hell.
    [Deleted User]Po_ggAlBQuirky
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

edited April 2021
    You guys are so cooool, I am absolutely taken aback. :) Ah, I always feel terrible after I post sh*t... Like, I don't know, I feel like I've murdered someone. The Internet is not a safe place for people like me. That's why I've always stayed away from forums and the like, I'm just scared of my own intensity! I've lost a few good in-game pals because of my, err, let's just say... wild dances...?  Yeah, let's call it that. :) I need to carefully consider my actions as to not hurt others, but I also don't want to inhibit myself... Sorry if I embarrassed anyone with my peculiarities... Please don't take me seriously, I mean no harm and I just want to play... *blushes at her own obnoxiousness*
    Po_gg said:
    What can I say, I like to be helpful :)  (maybe that's why I play healers as the main characters usually, and it's my selected role here as well)
    Especially in game-looking threads, where I can put to some good use my otherwise pretty useless knowledge about MMORPGs (I've played a lot of them...)
    Unless they seek specifically survival open pvp sandbox games, can't give suggestions on that area, I prefer the story-focus.
    Po_gg, and here I thought you couldn't get any cooler... :) I love Healers! They're my favorite kind of people. No wonder you're so kind and helpful... I knew you had to be one!  P_ogg, will you let me know when you're going to play another MMORPG again?? I want to be in your Group/Guild! Heck, I'll even pay for it as long as I can spend time with you~ Maybe I can be um, a Tank! I can assist you by being your meat-shield. "ARRRGH STAY AWAY FROM MY DARLING P_OGGG!!!" :D 
    Po_gg said:
    Name, any spelling is fine I guess...  it's actually Po and the gg suffix, from the early years of CS - yep, I did some heavy pvp back in the days, just not within MMORPGs.
    Don't know if people still say GG though, or play Counter-strike at all...
    I can't believe a sweetheart like yourself used to play violent games like Counterstrike... But I guess we all did back then (me included, usually during school breaks. Fun times. :)
    Po_gg said:
    I was even toying the idea for a while to leave the _gg, kinda how Torval (nice sith lord is a great description btw :) ) left the "dr" from the end some years ago. But I guess I'm just too lazy for a profile edit.
    I didn't realise you could change your username... That might come in handy years later when I decide to make a come back and want to hide my identity, hehe. :3
    Po_gg said:
    And something with a face, an another favourite t-shirt of mine, a great answer on why MMORPGs instead of solo, singleplayer games:
    WHERE CAN I GET A SHIRT LIKE THAT! I want a shirt like that... It's so wrong... but cool at the same time... :) 
    Kyleran said:
    Err, my avatar is a selfie.   ;)
    Cat, I'm a kitty cat... and I dance, dance, dance. :D
    Kyleran said:
    I'll think this U2 video might well describe you.

Yep, that's my song alright... I mean, the sad part is that I already know what I'm looking for but I have commitment issues. :( Great album, btw! Now I feel like listening to all the U2 hits. :) 
    Ungood said:
    You have been surprisingly enjoyable to have here, I hope you stay around and add your distinctive charm to our little circle of hell.
    Y-You really mean that, Ungood? I thought people would think my idiosyncrasies were offputting... Ungood, you are SERIOUSLY my favorite person here. It's like... our thoughts are in perfect harmony... Scary... :D

Never stop being awesome, guys. You are loved~ :D
    UngoodPo_ggAlBQuirky
    Faileas said:
    Ungood said:
    Y-You really mean that, Ungood? I thought people would think my idiosyncrasies were offputting... Ungood, you are SERIOUSLY my favorite person here. It's like... our thoughts are in perfect harmony... Scary... :D

LOL.. don't let the people that act normal scare you off.

AlBQuirkyFaileas
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

edited April 2021
    Faileas said:
    Po_gg said:
    WHERE CAN I GET A SHIRT LIKE THAT! I want a shirt like that... It's so wrong... but cool at the same time... :) 
    Probably in the cash shop :)
    Actually, it ain't even just my usual jab at Legends, they do sell all the TSW stuff, even the exclusive or removed pieces like the controversial Borat mankini.

This shirt was temporary and has a cool backstory actually (and since Funcom haven't erased the forums, it's still there  https://forums-archive.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?82226-Anyone-tried-the-Issue-9-stuff-as-a-group-lately&highlight=hear+scream+t-shirt ), a thread about playing Tokyo in groups Insomnia dropped in the line, Brightmoon remarked it'd be great on a t-shirt, and Nusquam agreed. (the earlier mentioned Joel Bylos, that time game director of TSW).

So, at the Halloween event later (still in 2014) everyone could claim that shirt. 

It was a one-time thing, but yep, the Legends cash shop most likely added it back.
    AlBQuirkyUngood
    Ungood said:
    Faileas said:
    Ungood said:

Thanks Ungood, that means a lot to me... :) I think I care too much about what other people think, instead of just accepting myself for who I am... Fun, exciting and adventurous, heh.~ As long as I don't hurt other people, I should be good... Right? Right?! D: Someone tell me I'll be alright... 
    Po_gg said:
    Faileas said:
    Po_gg said:
    Probably in the cash shop :)
    Actually, it ain't even just my usual jab at Legends, they do sell all the TSW stuff, even the exclusive or removed pieces like the controversial Borat mankini.

This shirt was temporary and has a cool backstory actually (and since Funcom haven't erased the forums, it's still there  https://forums-archive.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?82226-Anyone-tried-the-Issue-9-stuff-as-a-group-lately&highlight=hear+scream+t-shirt ), a thread about playing Tokyo in groups Insomnia dropped in the line, Brightmoon remarked it'd be great on a t-shirt, and Nusquam agreed. (the earlier mentioned Joel Bylos, that time game director of TSW).

So, at the Halloween event later (still in 2014) everyone could claim that shirt. 

It was a one-time thing, but yep, the Legends cash shop most likely added it back.
    Actually, I meant a shirt like that IRL. But yeah, that design is quirky as hell and could fit in any MMO really. :) 

I'm working on an "art" project right now~ Don't want to spoil too much, but I have you all to thank for the inspiration! Now I just need to NOT slack off... Until next time~ ;) 

UngoodAlBQuirkyPo_gg
    Faileas said:
    Ungood said:
    Faileas said:
    Ungood said:

Thanks Ungood, that means a lot to me... :) I think I care too much about what other people think, instead of just accepting myself for who I am... Fun, exciting and adventurous, heh.~ As long as I don't hurt other people, I should be good... Right? Right?! D: Someone tell me I'll be alright... 
    Here is my Obligatory, non-asshole response.

1) That is Correct

2) You will be fine.

My Obligatory  Asshole response would be.

Come join the crazy, Worst that happens is you get an unplanned vacation from time to time.
    AlBQuirkyPo_gg

To all of the married men in this thread I'll let you know where to deliver the Bitcoin so your wives never see what's been posted here.   B)

Kidding....
    cameltosisPo_ggAlBQuirky

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Faileas said:
    Actually, I meant a shirt like that IRL. But yeah, that design is quirky as hell and could fit in any MMO really. :) 
    You can only get that by custom-made, no official TSW merchs unfortunately... they tried it twice I believe, once with clothies (t-shirts, sweaters, pillows) and once with harder stuff (mugs, keychains, etc.) but both times only lasted for a few months, tops.

At least they don't mind (or just too lazy) the custom-made, you can find a bunch of stuff on the web without copyright issues, like https://www.redbubble.com/i/t-shirt/The-Secret-World-Dragon-by-Tzsycho/23679614.1482B.XYZ 
    Looks like they have all the factions and Orochi corp. branches, just as well other TSW-related images.
    AlBQuirky
    Ungood said:

1) That is Correct

2) You will be fine.

Come join the crazy, Worst that happens is you get an unplanned vacation from time to time.
    Thanks, Ungood. :) You are really a man after my own heart~ 
    Kyleran said:
    To all of the married men in this thread I'll let you know where to deliver the Bitcoin so your wives never see what's been posted here.   B)

Kidding....
    Oh my god, that had me roaring with laughter... I am so embarrassed. OF COURSE I AM DEALING WITH GROWN MEN HERE WHO ARE ALREADY SETTLED. My boyfriend doesn't know what I post or do, but if he knew he would go insane (in a good way). That's why I don't tell him, because otherwise he wants to y'know, do stuff all the time. I am really just looking for people to talk to, not bang. (Maybe I should use this as a signature, just to be safe.) Do you know how exhausting it is to have a partner who is so madly in love with you that he wants to do nothing other than ravage you all day? That's my boyfriend... But I also just want to talk about things that are not sexy, like videogames and philosophical stuff. This he doesn't get... We did plan on playing some SWTOR together next week, when his Internet is better, so hopefully I'll have an easier time talking to him about videogames instead of my dirty escapades. Then I'll mention MMORPG.com forums and see how he reacts... >:)
    UngoodAlBQuirky
    Faileas said:
    Ungood said:

1) That is Correct

2) You will be fine.

Thanks, Ungood. :) You are really a man after my own heart~ 
    LOL Thanks, for reference I am successfully married for a little over 18 years now, and quite happy to keep that situation ongoing till one of us dies.

Also I would love to see your Character Analysis of me however, this should be fun. You said you did such, so, send me a message or something.
    AlBQuirky

edited April 2021
    Ungood said:
    LOL Thanks, for reference I am successfully married for a little over 18 years now, and quite happy to keep that situation ongoing till one of us dies.
    I'm in a relationship with him for over 12 years now, haha. And he still thinks I'm irresistible, so I must be doing something right... I want nothing more than to settle down with him, raise a family. Do the whole nine yards. I've wanted this ever since we met, and it saddens me to think that he would want to see me with other men that way... For me that is not true love. True love is still something I'm trying to understand the meaning of. What is TRUE love? Self-sacrifice? Undying loyalty? As you can see, I like to ponder about the deeper meanings in life... Like, what I'm doing right now is an intellectual experimentation if you will. Why am I going after things that ultimately will not make you happy? What will ultimately make you happy? This is another thing MMORPG.com has inspired me to think about. To think about your deepest desires and where they spring from originally... What is the source? Isn't life so fascinating but also cruelly deceptive? Why keep us in this perpetual cycle of pain and suffering? What is the meaning of it all?! And when I try to bring this up in a conversation with him, he acts kind of childish and makes fun of me... Oh, but how I still love him despite his lack of understanding. :) I think that's true love; to love someone deeply despite their flaws. See, I am coming closer to the truth each day...

I am straying off topic here by a lot... but I also feel that it's important to talk about issues that are not necessarily "game" related. But just to keep things relatable: 
    Ungood said:
    Also I would love to see your Character Analysis of me however, this should be fun. You said you did such, so, send me a message or something.
    Ungood, I wanted to make fan-art of you, too... You've been so kind to me. :) But I have a hard time forming a mental image around you... Do you have any favorite game characters, or how would you like to see yourself "painted"? :) You can message me if you like. This goes for everyone else who is also interested. :)

UngoodPo_ggAlBQuirky
    Faileas said:
    Ungood said:
    I'm in a relationship with him for over 12 years now, haha. And he still thinks I'm irresistible, so I must be doing something right... I want nothing more than to settle down with him, raise a family. Do the whole nine yards. I've wanted this ever since we met, and it saddens me to think that he would want to see me with other men that way... For me that is not true love. True love is still something I'm trying to understand the meaning of. What is TRUE love? Self-sacrifice? Undying loyalty? As you can see, I like to ponder about the deeper meanings in life... Like, what I'm doing right now is an intellectual experimentation if you will. Why am I going after things that ultimately will not make you happy? What will ultimately make you happy? This is another thing MMORPG.com has inspired me to think about. To think about your deepest desires and where they spring from originally... What is the source? Isn't life so fascinating but also cruelly deceptive? Why keep us in this perpetual cycle of pain and suffering? What is the meaning of it all?! And when I try to bring this up in a conversation with him, he acts kind of childish and makes fun of me... Oh, but how I still love him despite his lack of understanding. :) I think that's true love; to love someone deeply despite their flaws. See, I am coming closer to the truth each day...

I am straying off topic here by a lot... but I also feel that it's important to talk about issues that are not necessarily "game" related. But just to keep things relatable: 
    Ungood said:
    Ungood, I wanted to make fan-art of you, too... You've been so kind to me. :) But I have a hard time forming a mental image around you... Do you have any favorite game characters, or how would you like to see yourself "painted"? :) You can message me if you like. This goes for everyone else who is also interested. :)

True love, is not smothering them in their sleep because you would miss them in the morning.

LOL.
    Faileas[Deleted User]Po_ggAlBQuirky

Ungood said:
    Faileas said:
    Ungood said:

Ungood said:

True love, is not smothering them in their sleep because you would miss them in the morning.

LOL.
    I think my wife has considered smothering me some nights due to my snoring.

I wake up with bruised ribs some mornings.

;)
    FaileasUngood[Deleted User]Po_ggAlBQuirkyTheocritus

Kyleran said:
    Ungood said:
    Faileas said:
    Ungood said:

Ungood said:

LOL.
    I think my wife has considered smothering me some nights due to my snoring.

I wake up with bruised ribs some mornings.

;)
    - because True Love
    KyleranFaileas