Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About PvP

2»

Comments

• AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    Kyleran said:
    AAAMEOW said:
    I honestly don't see the point of realm vs realm.  It seemed so pointless.  

The game should be changed to 100 vs 100.  3 hour match.  Most point win.

When the game last months, people stop caring who win.
    CCP and the players from EVE would like to have a word with you....

Campaigns there go on for years.....
    ya but you loss things in Eve.

In realm vs realm game there is no purpose.  It's like playing an endless shooter or MOBA without a score board or a winner.
    GdemamiGorwe
  • ringdanyringdany Member UncommonPosts: 189
    edited April 2021
    AAAMEOW said:
    Kyleran said:
    AAAMEOW said:

In realm vs realm game there is no purpose.  It's like playing an endless shooter or MOBA without a score board or a winner.
    but.. this is exactly how FIFA / NBL / Cricket etc internationally popular sports/competitions are. There is no real scoreboard except what players/umpires score. Similarly, in an RvR game, there is also a community scoreboard. So.. the ESSENCE of a TOP RvR game is about the Gameplay/game format/rules/etc. Whether players enjoy the game. 99% of mmos with RvR formats flop and flop BAD (ie: largely zero players play it).

cheyane
  • GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    AAAMEOW said:
    Kyleran said:
    AAAMEOW said:

Uhhh...no? A true RvR gives you all the purpose you can possibly need. But it's true that in a real RvR, individuality and such are downplayed in the favor of Realm / Server etc interests. So, if a player simply HAS to see his own name on a silly scoresheet...RvR might not be for him.

In fact, RvR resonates and correlates very positively with Tau notion of Greater Good, MTG's Selesnya mentality etc.

GdemamicheyaneKyleran[Deleted User]
  • AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    Gorwe said:
    AAAMEOW said:
    Kyleran said:
    AAAMEOW said:

Uhhh...no? A true RvR gives you all the purpose you can possibly need. But it's true that in a real RvR, individuality and such are downplayed in the favor of Realm / Server etc interests. So, if a player simply HAS to see his own name on a silly scoresheet...RvR might not be for him.

In fact, RvR resonates and correlates very positively with Tau notion of Greater Good, MTG's Selesnya mentality etc.

I think RvR games are fun.  But I just dont' see the longevity.  Which is my main arguments.  

Warhammer online didn't last very long, I think 3 years and most population is gone.  Granted I think only a few mmorpg in recent history manage to keep decent population after 3 year.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    FTrunks21 said:
    PvP is hot trash in every game. Not sure how you feel excitement being a whale or being destroyed by them or destroyed by people who have better or get luckier with their connections than you. PvP doesn't belong in any game with a internet connection. PvP in any game never has been, nor ever will be about who is best skilled. I rather PvP in real life, where your wallet size doesn't matter, neither does how connected to real life you are.

I guess you could always move to Chicago if you want reali life PVP......
    Kyleran