Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's What's Happening This Week in Star Citizen | MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    JoeBlober said:

Xodic said:

Xodic said:

Star Citizen
    See the source image

Now see, that's funny. I actually sat there for a minute waiting to see what would load.

It's the complete Star Citizen/S42 experience.

No it is the video of "collapse 90 days for sure!!!"... back in 2015 :)

- 2015: Naysayers/haters prophecies for sure!: you are doomed!
    The people who believed in 90 days collapse prediction were mistaken once. Whereas:

JoeBlober, May 2017:
      "it is coming in matter of quarters not years for SQ42 Chapter 1"

JoeBolber, May 2018:
      "At this rate Beta will be mid-2019 without problem"
    mmolou[Deleted User][Deleted User]Iselin[Deleted User]Kyleran

• mmoloummolou Member UncommonPosts: 256
    leaf16nut said:
    Who launches people into space first, RSI or Elon Musk...
    My money is on Musk
    [Deleted User]Iselin
    It is a funny world we live in.
    We had Empires run by Emperors, we had Kingdoms run by Kings, now we have Countries...
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,976
    edited April 2021
    mmolou said:
    leaf16nut said:
    Who launches people into space first, RSI or Elon Musk...
    My money is on Musk
    I remember my old joke on here about NASA getting to Mars before SC did hardly went down well. :)
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Vrika said:
    JoeBlober said:

Xodic said:

Xodic said:

Star Citizen
    See the source image

Now see, that's funny. I actually sat there for a minute waiting to see what would load.

It's the complete Star Citizen/S42 experience.

No it is the video of "collapse 90 days for sure!!!"... back in 2015 :)

- 2015: Naysayers/haters prophecies for sure!: you are doomed!
    The people who believed in 90 days collapse prediction were mistaken once. Whereas:

JoeBlober, May 2017:
      "it is coming in matter of quarters not years for SQ42 Chapter 1"

JoeBolber, May 2018:
      "At this rate Beta will be mid-2019 without problem"
    We even warned Joe upfront that his bravado would make him look like a clown when his predictions would fail. Still he put on the wig and the nose and flopped around in front of us on his giant yellow shoes.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353
    Xodic said:
    That's fantastic. 
    So how many of the 100 star systems do they have now, and when is it going to release?

If the amount of fools and funds were an important metric at this stage, then surely you would agree that Enron was a huge success.

How many more people, and how much more money do you think until we start getting close to a beta?

I'm going to be very clear with you, I'm not a naysayer. I like Star Citizen, when I can actually play it without crashing. I want Star Citizen to succeed. I want to play the damn game. So drop your hater shit at someone else's door, I'm just being realistic. This is what objective criticism looks like, you should try it.
    For now still the one star system but the second one is largely built and they are moving onto a 3rd, also with the Montreal studio coming online that is dedicated to building star systems only we could see 2-3 or more systems being added per year. The more biome types they add to the tools the quicker they can pump out more planets of that type and because of the systemic nature of the game anything that they build for the initial system is instantly compatible with any future systems that they build. such is the nature of a sandbox game.

At this point the determining factor on when we get the next system is server meshing. with Icache in and running the only remaining tech hurdle is meshing, at that point the engine is largely feature complete. barring any further technical hurdles we could see the first iteration of meshing by end of year. at that point the PU would be officially considered alpha and then they just need to pump out content.
    Kyleran