Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You are the game director for a spiritual successor to your favorite online game

2»

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    It's too much work to theory craft these days. I'm old, tired and developers don't care; so I gave up long ago. But have fun anyways. :D
    UngoodAlBQuirky
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Any new game.

Do whatever Delete says must happen.

Instant trillion dollar game.
    UngoodAlBQuirky
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I would fix Anarchy Online:

Keep:
    Implants/Symbiants system
    Mission system
    World Size
    Dungeons
    Crafting
    Skills System but fix/remove the useless ones like swimming

Improve:
    Land Graphics
    Face and body graphics
    Daily Quests (would probably get rid of them)
    Revamp the market (stuff was ridiculously overpriced)

Basically it was/is a great game game but badly needs a graphics overhaul.....A few things need tweeking here and there...I would make it more fun to fly your Yalm....I still think Sci-fi is the way to go for the next great MMO but who will do it?

AO is the one game I'd really like to see revamped.  The graphics were just dreadful on the original and one of the few games that I simply couldn't play due to the graphics.  I'd love to see if it was as good as everyone seems to claim.

I do agree that SF may be a better way forward at the moment; fantasy is almost played out.  But not the "I am my ship" approach taken by so many other games.  Give me a more individual-based SF MMORPG that isn't all on rails.

UngoodAlBQuirky

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Wargfoot said:
    Tiller said:
    It's too much work to theory craft these days. I'm old, tired and developers don't care; so I gave up long ago. But have fun anyways. :D
    Your post after being fed through a developer filter:

"OMG, I WANT MORE LOOTBOXES"

Or daily log in rewards...
    UngoodAlBQuirky
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    ringdany said:
    Gorwe said:

Now about RvR. I have spoken plenty of times about WAR, about FvF(Faction vs Faction), about RvR, the difference between these, but those posts could be deleted, so here's what. I don't find WAR to be RvR at all. For a game to be RvR, it needs to have focus, a goal, where EVERYONE from a Realm helps the Realm. Be it crafting, PvE-ing or PvP-ing. WAR did have something approaching that(around 1.42 or so iirc), but PvP-ers cried(like little entitled bitches they are), so it got changed(as opposed to getting fixed and worked on). What WAR has is simply massive / large scale PvP that is a simple FvF. Because what you do in a Scenario, what you do in PvE etc...ultimately meaningless and that is NOT what RvR is(or should be). Everything needs better integration if the term RvR is to be kept.
    i have some low level characters in RoR. But i haven't really tried the RvR.

I am interested in your comment saying RoR does not have true RvR. I wonder if Champions of Regnum is the only mmorpg (besides maybe DAOC?) with true RvR. In Regnum, there is only one map, the great majority of  everyone is fighting for one thing. Everything a single player does, affects their realm's chances to win the ultimate goal: earning the Dragon Wish.

anyway. sorry for going off tangent on discussion.

The RoR team did overhaul post T1 RvR, but it still don't seem like a real RvR to me. Simply a large scale FvF. Don't know about Regnum, but DAoC and EvE were the only MMOs that truly built up the concept of RvR. Because they were more about the concept of a group, a Realm if you would, but offered you the complete freedom to tackle it in your own way.

But what you wrote about Regnum sounds like RvR, true. Now, compare that with most versions of WAR's "RvR". And you'll most likely come to a conclusion that WAR was abusing the RvR concept, simply because they(=Mythic) conceived it with DAoC.
    AlBQuirky