Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Golden Ears: Gold Planar GL2000 Planar Magnetic Headphones | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageGolden Ears: Gold Planar GL2000 Planar Magnetic Headphones | MMORPG.com

Welcome to the first entry in our new column, Golden Ears, where we look at some truly exceptional high-end, headphones and audio gear. Today, we're looking at the Gold Planar GL2000 planar magnetic headphones. Coming in at $639, these headphones definitely meet the criteria for a "golden ears" headphone, so let's take a closer look and find out.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TablixTablix Member UncommonPosts: 51
    edited March 2021
    Step one, go to https://www.head-fi.org/ if you want to spend more than $150 on any headphones. Real users, and lots of real reviews.
  • FoolOfATook39FoolOfATook39 Member UncommonPosts: 70
    I’m liking this new column. I’m not an audiophile per say, but I appreciate quality enthusiast products. These things are comically large. Really cool tho.
  • noizz76noizz76 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Those are ugliest looking headphones I have ever seen... One would expect at least a tad of aesthetic included in the product with that price tag. I just hope they sound better than they look.
  • kraKKen12kraKKen12 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    The last time I bought headphones was a month ago, from Amazon. I just googled budget audiophile headphones and found an article with great suggestions. That's how I bought Philips SHP9500 HiFi Precision Stereo Over-Ear Headphones which cost just $77. Pros: Low cost; nice build quality; excellent sound; cool, open-back comfort plus breathable pads; replaceable cord. So, consider them as well.