Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which mmorpg has the best background music?

13»

Comments

• RoguelazerRoguelazer Member Posts: 2

Vendetta Online has some nice background music. Very reminiscent of Homeworld...

• TheWarcTheWarc Member Posts: 1,199
    Im looking forward to the music of SoR image

Got pie?

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Sword of the New World, Mabinogi, Maple Story. Can't really beat FFXIV music wise which goes without saying so the others are 2nd favourites. Might as well give WoW a nod too as their music is pretty good.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    I too used to put LotRO/Chance and AoC/Knut in similar OST threads as my candidates for best.

However, considering it's a 16+ years necro... (btw. these bots crawl back deeper and deeper into the past :) )
    Let's stick to that time period, and in this case I'd say AO.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,971
    Angeloran said:
    I see a lot of mmorpg with good background music and it is difficult to choose
    i think you might be an adbot, but hope you are not. Welcome to the forums! :)
  • TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    With $350million... how is Starcitizen's soundtrack?
  • CuddleheartCuddleheart Member UncommonPosts: 391
    edited March 2021
    The 4th Coming is still my favorite!  These are all pretty unique songs.

• ringdanyringdany Member UncommonPosts: 189
    edited April 2021
    Best "mmo" ones for me:

Diablo 1 and 2
    Champions of Regnum

and for non-mmos with great music:
    Torchlight
    Fate by Wildtangent
    Magic & Mayhem 1 (and 2 i think)
    Sacrifice
    (there are a few others as well, but ive forgotten)
    Iselin
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    Necro

FFXIV
    [Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    ringdany said:
    Best "mmo" ones for me:

Diablo 1 and 2 ....
    I know that there's this idea in these forums that since language evolves you can label whatever game you want an MMO but that's going a bit too far, don't you think?

:)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    edited April 2021
    WOW, EQ2 & SWG

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• ringdanyringdany Member UncommonPosts: 189
    edited April 2021
    Iselin said:
    ringdany said:
    Best "mmo" ones for me:

Diablo 1 and 2 ....
    I know that there's this idea in these forums that since language evolves you can label whatever game you want an MMO but that's going a bit too far, don't you think?

ya very true >< that's why the "" -- iguess im  outdated since i havent played many of the recent top mmos. im recalling music from the past huh -_-

(when d1 first came out... it was one of the early multiplayer games... but then WoW arrived and i guess that defined the mmorpg genre)
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    ringdany said:
    Iselin said:
    ringdany said:
    Best "mmo" ones for me:

Diablo 1 and 2 ....

ya very true >< that's why the "" -- iguess im  outdated since i havent played many of the recent top mmos. im recalling music from the past huh -_-

(when d1 first came out... it was one of the early multiplayer games... but then WoW arrived and i guess that defined the mmorpg genre)
    D1's music was pretty awesome in its time though. A kind of sinister Spanish guitar track.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Guild Wars

EverQuest

World of Warcraft

Sovrath

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 479
    edited April 2021
    Knight Online : Moradon

Crowfall

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    edited April 2021
    Wild Star had some great music really good music I might add that I enjoyed while levelling. Adding examples here as most of you eschewed the game and would never have known that.

I loved both Everquest and Everquest 2 signature tracks too.
    Scot