Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should sites give coverage to games like CoE and DreamWorld?

2»

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,165
    lol they post stuff, and ya'll have 20 page discussions about what was posted and bitch about it, then complain about it's relevance in another thread for another 3 pages ...I think we figured out why they post these news items.. xD You guys are traffic.....
    [Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    I would hope the forum community would be scam filter on this site. I usually would go to the forum here of a game in question and ask others about it.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• CuddleheartCuddleheart Member UncommonPosts: 391
    So, I came across this video yesterday.  They won't specifically mention the game, but giving the timing and the wording of certain things, I would be surprised if this wasn't DreamWorld.  What do you guys think?

Gdemami
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    Wargfoot said:
    So, I came across this video yesterday.  They won't specifically mention the game, but giving the timing and the wording of certain things, I would be surprised if this wasn't DreamWorld.  What do you guys think?

I not watching that video; however, I do wonder if the artist has ever actually seen a female human chest before.
    Unleash those frontal wings for flight!
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Not to plug the competition but Massively IMHO is covering CoE the right way.  read the article AND the disclaimer below that clearly spells out the current CoE situation.

https://massivelyop.com/2021/03/29/chronicles-of-elyria-espouses-the-purposes-and-mechanics-of-the-fog-of-war-in-kingdoms-of-elyria/
    [Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    edited March 2021
    Not to plug the competition but Massively IMHO is covering CoE the right way.  read the article AND the disclaimer below that clearly spells out the current CoE situation.

https://massivelyop.com/2021/03/29/chronicles-of-elyria-espouses-the-purposes-and-mechanics-of-the-fog-of-war-in-kingdoms-of-elyria/
    This is like the sticky saying "May be Hazardous To Your Gaming Health" that I made a joke about before. I think MMORPG.com is doing this, but they don't put the paragraph in its own box and their language is more tactful.

When it comes to Dreamworld, this deserves something that journalists everywhere (not just gaming ones) seem to have given up on. Investigation. Instead of just reporting what has been said checking wikipedia and doing the article; then looking for someone who wants to react to that, here that being us posters. They should ask for an interview, ask some probing questions before they publish.

How would I do that? Well I would not expect them to have done much we could see so far, here general intent on their part would be enough. But I would focus in on the timescale they think the game can be done in and their backgrounds in the gaming industry. That would be more than revealing enough.
    Post edited by Scot on
    GdemamiMendel
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Wargfoot said:

I not watching that video; however, I do wonder if the artist has ever actually seen a female human chest before.
    Hard to say if he has seen some boobs, but I doubt he has ever seen a "female human chest", I know I haven't. :)
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Scot said:
    Wargfoot said:

Hard to say if he has seen some boobs, but I doubt he has ever seen a "female human chest", I know I haven't. :)
    That is only because boobs obscure the view. Damn boobs...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Scotcheyane[Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer