Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just stop it!

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    BruceYee said:
     He seems to always expect more from developers which is what ALL OF US should be expecting/demanding considering how much money they make from US.
    My only problem with Wiz is that he tends to post in the wrong game forums.  He talks about features or events that never occurred.  Usually with "As I recall..."

I always assumed he just had pre-typed stuff and pasted it in random forums.  
    IselinKyleranSandmanjwCryomatrixAlBQuirky

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    BruceYee said:
     He seems to always expect more from developers which is what ALL OF US should be expecting/demanding considering how much money they make from US.
    My only problem with Wiz is that he tends to post in the wrong game forums.  He talks about features or events that never occurred.  Usually with "As I recall..."

He's also what I call a one way poster, usually only sharing his thoughts or opinions but rarely actually interacting with or responding to other members here.

AlBQuirky

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Iselin said:
    Ungood said:
    Anyone but me a tab bit perturbed that Rem was outed as Kano.

I feel that ruined the whole reason to take a new identity to start with, and IMHO, if I ha went through the effort make a fresh start account and people outed me as my old account, I would delete it as well, as it no longer serves the purpose I made it for, and maybe try again (Maybe not) and the third time around, make sure that I didn't tell any of the yahoo's that outed me, who I really was.

Just saying on that one.
    He didn't make a new account. He used his alt account that he created a few years ago. An account he admitted creating to circumvent a ban back at that time.

If he truly wanted a fresh start as you say, you create a new account not use his old alt account.
    Ah, thanks for the insight.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Kyleran said:
    Ungood said:

I feel that ruined the whole reason to take a new identity to start with, and IMHO, if I ha went through the effort make a fresh start account and people outed me as my old account, I would delete it as well, as it no longer serves the purpose I made it for, and maybe try again (Maybe not) and the third time around, make sure that I didn't tell any of the yahoo's that outed me, who I really was.

Just saying on that one.
    Pro tip, if you really want a fresh start you'll need to make a conscience decision to change your posting style / personality, especially if you have been a prolific poster.

He made no effort at all, except for being extra cranky it was obvious to many the two were the same person even when he tried to deny it.

I actually run multiple reddit accounts with very different personas for "reasons," not the least being to evade over zealous moderation.
    Gonna be hornet, outside like maybe 2 posters that have very distinct phrases to their posts,  I don't really pay attention to the nuances of how you all post, and in a lot of cases, I don't even look at who said what, as I based a post based on the merits of what was said, not who said it.

And while some people have a strong record, and I'll look again at who said something, and be like "That figures they would have such a reasonable, rational approach" or some such, like being the voice of reason, logic, or perhaps a bit of fainboi-ism, which can be expected from some.

But then again, if I tried to make a new persona, no doubt I would just be a bigger raging asshat, which would defeat the whole point of trying to avoid moderation, I suppose if that was going to be my goal, I would simply not post, and just lurk/troll the forums, and that would be about the only way my shining personally would not shine through.. LOL.
    AlBQuirky
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Actually it's pretty easy for me to project different personas, I just have to channel all of those different voices that I talk to in my head.

;)
    WhiteLantern[Deleted User]AlBQuirkyUngood

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Kyleran said:
    Actually it's pretty easy for me to project different personas, I just have to channel all of those different voices that I talk to in my head.

;)
    You really are good at it. I mean, one minute you are talking about games needing quality and the next you are talking about playing Fallout76  ;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    WhiteLanternVrikaYashaXAlBQuirkyUngood[Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Kyleran said:
    BruceYee said:

He's also what I call a one way poster, usually only sharing his thoughts or opinions but rarely actually interacting with or responding to other members here.

Oh crap, i think i do that frequently, no wonder no one ever gets into arguments with me. 
    AlBQuirkyKyleran
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    cheyane said:
    Kyleran said:
    Ungood said:

Just saying on that one.
    Pro tip, if you really want a fresh start you'll need to make a conscience decision to change your posting style / personality, especially if you have been a prolific poster.

He made no effort at all, except for being extra cranky it was obvious to many the two were the same person even when he tried to deny it.

I actually run multiple reddit accounts with very different personas for "reasons," not the least being to evade over zealous moderation.
    I cannot change my posting style that would be a hard thing to do. I would be found out quickly if I tried to take on another persona.
    As long as they don't change their avatar I would be quite happy with posters starting a new persona. :)

I thought Remsleep was still posting good stuff, I tended to stick to his 'one of' posts as they were pithy and informative. But the long tracts of posts, that's where he seemed to go overboard. I ended up skipping any posts he made about CP 2077 and Valheim. I don't think we can say why he left, I just know it is bloody annoying when people do.

Wizardry likewise, I tend to look for the shorter posts, he has become something a gunslinger who shoots first and asks questions later. But still some good stuff there.

On a more positive note we got Constantine back so swings and roundabouts.

The only reporting I have every done is for adbots, and I will admit one of those turned out to be a new guy. If new posters do one post, very short and not very directed at what's said in the thread they are likely adbots. Anyway he continued posting which was the main thing. 

I don't expect posters to give us insightful, pithy, deeply researched opinions all the time. I am not sure how anyone could expect that?
    YashaXAlBQuirkyUngood
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Well we can all agree that one similarity between the two is they both deleted all of their posting history, well cant delete quotes but... who does that? If this site offended me that bad I would delete account and not come back, not try to come back in disguise.
    AlBQuirkyKyleran
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Scot!

What did you do?!? I come back today and have 4+ pages to go through?

LOL
    ScotAsheram

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    AlBQuirky said:
    Scot!

What did you do?!? I come back today and have 4+ pages to go through?

LOL
    You missed out more than you know, we had catering and beer, and prizes for the kids.

AlBQuirkyUngoodKyleranScotAsheram
    edited March 2021
    Bloodaxes said:
    Scot said:
    Well that's me for today, I expect everyone to be here tomorrow, if you post or not. :)
    No, I'm leaving.

You broke my heart!
    All the dudes can leave, I'll be left with the lady posters. :D o:)
    Hey, big fella!

delete5230UngoodKyleran[Deleted User]SovrathAsheramTwistedSister77

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Here is the thing. I been around here for a while. Yes I took a long break. I dont know much about this Delete user. But I will say this. the ToS can be abused by staffs of the forums. 

Some here may not remember, but Guild Wars 2 Guru was big violator of this, when their own mods came here and was using personal information because they were mad about people cheering about the official forum announcement.         

thats not the only example. Some other cases of this can be seen here as well. I personally hate the overhype that most MMO developers did back in the day. I would criticize them often.         

Because of that, I been banned from MMORPG.com a few times. Even deleted my account once over the toxic behavior I seen from the Guild Wars 2 hype community here and the abuse of the system.  

GW2 is one of my favorite and most played MMOs today, Yet it seem like back then any criticism was a ban.         

Darkfall early on was just like this as well. Could be banned for saying anything negative about that game. 

All my interactions from this is what made me avoid speaking on SWTOR. I saw what it was going to be and the flop that would happen, but I just stayed quiet and kept that mostly to myself. since I really didnt care about that game being a success or not.

But it goes even deeper than just the criticism of overhyped new MMOs.

I remember with Masssively.com did that article in which they said all games with an online element are MMOs. I early on started to see that mentality creep over here with the MMORPG.com staff, which started calling non MMOs as MMO, instead of just labeling them as non MMO content that the staff wants to talk about. Was no need to be misleading back then. 

We started seeing more and more people of the community start adopting this misuse of the term.        

I came up with a simple solution. A new acronym for the MMOs (since everything with online play was being lumped in and called MMOs here). The new acronym would help separate the old MMO model from the new definition. 

I called the old model "SCMORPGs" (Soft Cap Multiplayer Online RPGs)

and the new definition being used, I called "HCMORPGs" (Hard Cap Multiplayer Online RPGs)

I got banned for that. I never forgot that.  
    AlBQuirky[Deleted User]Gdemami

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Scorchien said:
    Kyleran said:
    Im clearly oblivious as hell.

1) didnt know remsleep was DMKANO

2) didnt know there was a report button.

1) I had seen this reported, and accepted it, but how did anyone make the connection?

2) me either!

3) There is an ignore function? This thread is full of revelations.
    1) he always tried to deny the connection, but people here dug out his original admission to creating the alt acct back around 2014, and as I always tell my children, the internet never forgets.

2) Report = Flag button at top of your screen.

3) just realized the ignore button is not visible on my phone web browser, probably why I forgot about / never use it.

Nahh ,I called remsleep out that he was Kano after 2 days of posting and for weeks he denied as i called him Kano in thread after thread ..

Cant change your writing style ... ..

It took no digging
    Mind I ask, how did Kano get banned? 
    AlBQuirky

BruceYee said:
    Aaaand once again the usual suspects here changing how events actually happened for their personal agenda... knowing very well now that his account is deleted so no one can go back and see old posts to check if what they're saying is true...

"Playing both sides" is one thing but bald-faced lying is something else all together...

What is the point of even trying to contribute to this community if you're only met with hostile & deceitful behavior always from a select group of individuals?

I have a crazy idea... remove all name colors and points... maybe we can go back to a time on this site where what is being said is not affected by the need to increase forum status... and maybe also remove post count cause that before ranks/points was also something that was used to determine status. It sucks to even suggest but apparently some have become so committed to earning points that no conversation can go even slightly outside 'their' boundary of what they deem to be acceptable.

Echo chambers are boring and that's the way it seems certain people here want it due to their personal lack of ability to perceive things beyond their comprehension. Notice that everyone in this thread cheering that bad man Kano is gone have zero game industry knowledge by their own admission yet claim to constantly be some type of authority... Then when you call them out with actual proof they respond with stuff like " lol, oh we're not being serious, you thought we were being serious lolol" after vehemently trying to discredit you with misdirection and baits in multiple threads now going back over a decade...
    Those same people constantly ignore and try to play down provable facts presented by people like Kano in a never ending crusade to assert some type of strange dominance over these forums for personal gain.

Also... everyone talking ___ on Wizardry need to go back and check that a large portion of what he's said in the past turned out to be 100% accurate... and that what these people always mocking Wizardy for daring to judge games harshly were 100% wrong for some of the topics he was right about. He seems to always expect more from developers which is what ALL OF US should be expecting/demanding considering how much money they make from US.
    wait, Wizardy was banned as well? PM me or something, I would like to know what Wizardy, Kano and Delete did that got banned.

Kyleran said:
    BruceYee said:

Well I do that as well. Because some people enjoy sparking a conversation. Doesnt mean they dont read it. I dont see the problem with that
    Gdemami

edited March 2021
    Well! I certainly learned a lot here!

I miss so much just hanging out here in the Pub and General gaming :)

I deleted my account a few years back. When I signed in again, everything came back. I've no idea if all of my posts disappeared during my absence or not.

I did get a ban once. I deserved it. I knew I would get it and still posted my comment :)

I only report adbots. Here is my notepad copy/paste flag:
    Spam/Advertisement
    Could we please NOT allow new users to post links? Please?

I did take a look at my own account and found that I have 5/25 posters blocked. I don't like blocking people, but some just aren't worth the effort to skip :) 

Iselin, you're from my era, for sure! I loved those old SNL videos. I miss Gilda Radner and Jack Handy, too. I had an AOL acreenname of "Deep Thoughts" a long, long time ago :lol:
    UngoodIselinAsheram

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    @MMOExposed
    To catch you up: I don't recall Wiz being banned recently, that may be a new development, haven't seen anything . RemKano's most recent ban was evidently for telling someone to seek professional help because he claimed to like the new Magic game. And as I recall, Delete's last ban was for telling a poster that he wasn't smart enough to make his own purchasing decisions.
    Petty? Perhaps, but here we are.
    Slapshot1188AlBQuirky

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

edited March 2021
    @MMOExposed
    To catch you up: I don't recall Wiz being banned recently, that may be a new development, haven't seen anything . RemKano's most recent ban was evidently for telling someone to seek professional help because he claimed to like the new Magic game. And as I recall, Delete's last ban was for telling a poster that he wasn't smart enough to make his own purchasing decisions.
    Petty? Perhaps, but here we are.
    No she was talking behind my back while I was banded. Then went all SJW on me calling her out, and by not liking that.
    AlBQuirky
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Yup.  It’s almost always petty.  And imagine all those would be community members that get reported/banned for saying something similar.

We reap what we sow.
    [Deleted User]AlBQuirky

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Here is the thing. I been around here for a while. Yes I took a long break. I dont know much about this Delete user. But I will say this. the ToS can be abused by staffs of the forums. 

Some here may not remember, but Guild Wars 2 Guru was big violator of this, when their own mods came here and was using personal information because they were mad about people cheering about the official forum announcement.         

thats not the only example. Some other cases of this can be seen here as well. I personally hate the overhype that most MMO developers did back in the day. I would criticize them often.         

Because of that, I been banned from MMORPG.com a few times. Even deleted my account once over the toxic behavior I seen from the Guild Wars 2 hype community here and the abuse of the system.  

GW2 is one of my favorite and most played MMOs today, Yet it seem like back then any criticism was a ban.         

Darkfall early on was just like this as well. Could be banned for saying anything negative about that game. 

All my interactions from this is what made me avoid speaking on SWTOR. I saw what it was going to be and the flop that would happen, but I just stayed quiet and kept that mostly to myself. since I really didnt care about that game being a success or not.

But it goes even deeper than just the criticism of overhyped new MMOs.

I remember with Masssively.com did that article in which they said all games with an online element are MMOs. I early on started to see that mentality creep over here with the MMORPG.com staff, which started calling non MMOs as MMO, instead of just labeling them as non MMO content that the staff wants to talk about. Was no need to be misleading back then. 

We started seeing more and more people of the community start adopting this misuse of the term.        

I came up with a simple solution. A new acronym for the MMOs (since everything with online play was being lumped in and called MMOs here). The new acronym would help separate the old MMO model from the new definition. 

I called the old model "SCMORPGs" (Soft Cap Multiplayer Online RPGs)

and the new definition being used, I called "HCMORPGs" (Hard Cap Multiplayer Online RPGs)

I got banned for that. I never forgot that.  
    There's more to your story but I'm not sure what.

I have slagged on GW2, SWTOR, Darkfall on multiple occasions over the years, never having a kind word for any of them yet not even a warning.

As for arguing over what is a MMO / MMORPG most here know this is one of my favorite crusades / dead horses / hills to die on where I have regularly rebutted or criticized both the staff and any poster who challenges my narrow definitions, yet again, no bans.

I've even come up with more specific names like MORPG, Multi Player Online RPG, and the like, yet here I stand.

Despite rumors to the contrary, I have no relatives who run this site, so why do I have almost no issues on the very same "subjects" which you claim happened in your case?

Maybe, just maybe, it's all about how you present your arguments, and over the years I've learned quite well how to say what I wish without crossing the line.

The only warnings or bans I've ever received is when I directly attacked a poster (called someone a special snowflake once, got me a few days off) or challenged their mental health. (Seeing as I view most gankers as psychopaths) 

There was a day when the rules were more strictly enforced and the moderators made their presence well known. 

The past few years they are so rarely seen or heard from I was so surprised to read a comment by one who's been around awhile I sent a PM welcoming them back to the forums.

No reply, but no ban either. ;)
    AlBQuirky

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    All of you suck, a lot. And equally.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Ungood[Deleted User]Sovrath[Deleted User]Sandmanjwdragonlee66WhiteLanternAsheramAlBQuirky
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Wizardry has not been banned, though it seems I may have given that impression...Back to gaming, their seems to be even more Nazi chaps who need a really big bomb dropped on their heads.
    AlBQuirky
    edited March 2021
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    WoW :)
    With this community, everyone will band you  :D
    UngoodAsheramAlBQuirky
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    You forgot to say "except the mods. The mods are awesome."
    [Deleted User]lahnmirKyleranUngoodAsheramAlBQuirky
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED