Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just stop it!

Comments

• ChampieChampie Member UncommonPosts: 169
    NOT Weird AT ALL how eager people are to be tattle tales. these days. 
    FIFY
    AlBQuirky
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    edited March 2021
    Brainy said:
    After reading this thread, what I see is a clique of toxic snowflakes reporting people.  They cant take people disagreeing with them.

Sure I agree reporting people if they are racist, or if they are being constantly harrassed.

Yeah lets not pretend to believe in their fake outrage or them supposedly taking offense.  This is about power, its about suppressing opposing viewpoints.

Their is someone on this site that I get into heated arguments with lately.  A lot of subjects we agree on, sometimes we have passionate disagreements that probably go over the line according to these snowflakes.  I never reported them, and respect them for not reported me.  I am adult enough to realize that sometimes people say things in a passionate argument. (to this person I hope there is no hard feelings)

Reporting should be reserved for very serious situations.  I think these Mods should start banning people who use the report button too many times.  Obviously these snowflakes cant handle themselves in a sandbox with others without getting their precious feelings hurt.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Mod who is banning people is either Friends or Related to one of the clique doing the reporting.

Yeah this will probably be my last post, I am sure I will be banned because some toxic Snowflake took offense.  Its fine, just reading this thread makes me sick, I don't want to support a site that bans opposing viewpoints for minor offenses.  So its time for me to take a break for a few years.
    Not sure who you're talking about from this thread, however I never reported anyone but bots (and one guy who posted pron) on this forum.

With that said, I disagree with the notion of ignoring people that have toxic behaviours. This is a forum to have civilized discussions, not a place to insult and demean others. If people where to be able to do whatever they pleased with no repercussion, this forum would be long dead.

If one can't express themselves without resorting to insults, I see no point in being here. Also, I'm fairly positive false reporters get warnings so you can't abuse the system.
    WhiteLanternSovrathKylerancheyaneAlBQuirky[Deleted User]

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    edited March 2021
    Weird how eager people are to be tattle tales these days.  I’m all for rules to maintain civil discussion and to curb digression into ad hominem nonsense.  That said, I’ve been on the internet long enough to know that it’s mostly not about maintaining civility.  It’s totally about scoring imaginary points and dunking on someone by ‘punishing’ them. 

At least I’m sure you’ve solidly convinced yourselves it’s for a righteous cause. Can’t wait for your tiktok videos!  Real heroes click report buttons!  

I thought like that at one point. Let me explain how they should make you feel pretty damn good about yourself.

I use to think it was very odd to strive to be a self-appointed internet janitor. But, over time, I discovered that it's a deeper issue *cough* than that.

Those types of report abuse, are people with no power or control over their own lives. It makes them feel significant, even only if it's just a self-appointed hall monitor on the internet. Seems miserable. I'm more concerned for all of their cats.

Further, this site also enables report abuse, so that's why they stay here. They can't abuse the reporting system on the modern, more popular game sites. They are stuck here. Lording over the remaining, dwindling community. The problem with their line of thinking, their sense of power can all be taken from them, simply by closing the browser. Sad.

The other major group, is just made up of those conceding defeat to an argument. Can't beat your unpopular opinion, they'll have no other choice than to have someone else silence you. Congrats! It means that you won.

I wear it as a badge of honor. Getting reported gives me satisfaction. It confirms my existence to be significant and my opinions, valid. It feels good.

Scot said:
    Stop getting yourself temporarily banned, stop deleting your entire post history...we need posters not guys with a short term jail sentence or self imposed  "burn notice".

I disagree.

The burden is not on community members to keep this site lively. It's the owner's.

I know this site isn't doing so well compared to the modern, popular sites. You would think the guy that sold his own airplane would be more involved with his business. 
    https://www.controller.com/listings/for-sale/cyber-creations-inc-dot/aircraft?accountcrmid=16975743

As a small business owner myself, if I had to sell off my personal assets, I wouldn't even ask questions. I'd TERMINATE everyone. I'd rethink my business model and make some serious changes. Because THAT is the kind of power and control I have in my life.

Also, if I found that I was paying someone that was running their own side project, while neglecting mine, I'd sue for every shekel they had in a New York minute. "End of discussion." (Right, buddy?)

This site could have been so much more. It's been left behind in the dust by Twitch and Reddit when MMORPG.com could have been Twitch, Reddit, host add-on downloads, and a Gaming News site. Poor mismanagement mostly due to complacency and incompetence.

The other thing is, they can't even do their out-of-date business model right. I lurk here from time to time just in case an ACTUAL Gaming News story pops up. It's been terrible and reposting sub-Reddit threads here, is not "news" or "game journalism".

The community getting themselves banned is not to blame. It's driving them away while others are losing interest to places that have better content and better treatment.

Quick side note, there are no RoC when one can pick and choose who or who NOT to enforce them upon. Showing bias is disgustingly unprofessional, being paid to do that job or not. People will never respect that kind of "e-authority".

Maybe get rid of the DDD game advertisements and get those AAA games advertising dollars back.

In closing, Your Honor:

People with a one-track mind will get mad and call this negative or offensive or whatever the current 1st-world problems are. But, my intent is to prompt some kind of change and inner thought. Or don't. Just keep fading away out of relevancy.  *shrugs*

Anyways, guess this is it for good ol' Norsegod. I'm sure I'll be validated again shortly. 

Have a great weekend everybody, it's beautiful out. And if you're one of those who don't have permission to leave your own home, well, I guess keep doing whatever the statistics being reported that you've been doing during "lockdown" or whatever they're making you do. :( (no idea, we didn't have any of that mask/lockdown stuff here)
    Post edited by NorseGod on
    KyleranAlBQuirkyGdemami
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited March 2021
    New Kano was 100% better than old Trion Kano cause his strings were cut and could now speak freely about games which IMO was a gift to this site. What many people here with zero game industry knowledge label as "negative" was actually factual information that could be backed up with proof which he provided or even a quick Google search could. The point is that he was promoting conversation based on actual knowledge with proof and not 100% feelings and fanboi'ism. When you have to constantly argue with people about basic game design stuff then have members here hate you/try to get you banned for posting provable truth why continue? I wouldn't doubt if he just had enough cause there are certain individuals here according to their own words "play both sides" and trying to have any type of reasonable/factual conversation with people just trying to pad their point count while trying to shut others up through tricks(get ppl riled up so they write the wrong things that get them banned) and misinformation + agendas ends up almost being not worth the trouble.

In the end it's our loss that he's gone and not the other way around IMO.
    BloodaxesYashaXAsheramSandmanjwNorseGodUngoodScotAlBQuirky[Deleted User]Abscissa15and 1 other.
    What shall we do guys? The guy who had nothing better to do than go in EVERY SINGLE THREAD to spew why x sucks is gone.

Who will replace his INSIGHTFUL comments now?
    KyleranSandmanjw[Deleted User]AlBQuirky[Deleted User]

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Bloodaxes said:
    What shall we do guys? The guy who had nothing better to do than go in EVERY SINGLE THREAD to spew why x sucks is gone.

He was fairly negative of late, but he often also made some good points, wrote well, and seemed like a nice person. Personally, I find it a loss if he has deleted his account again.
    SovrathAlBQuirky[Deleted User]Gdemami
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited March 2021
    Just for the record I have never reported anyone but the phishing bots.

Post edited by Asheram on
    AlBQuirky
  • TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    edited March 2021
    Besides adbots, the only two I can really recall getting recent timeouts (temp bans) were delete and remsleep... maybe jean_luc_picard once (not sure).  It's not like ban hammers are flying everywhere.

Even then, they are hardly bans.  Am I wrong?
    SandmanjwAlBQuirky
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Im clearly oblivious as hell.

1) didnt know remsleep was DMKANO

2) didnt know there was a report button.

BloodaxesSandmanjwKyleranYashaXAlBQuirky
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

Thats called winning!
    KyleranSandmanjwAlBQuirky

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144

Apparently there is some color coded system for posters as they become veterans.  I only post and view from my mobile, so I don't see it.  

I do see uncommon to rare to epic to legendary status... I guess that's like weapon status. ;)
    AlBQuirky
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Is it Festivus already and no one told me?

It seems that Rem's virtual suicide is seen by some randoms as an opportunity to point out why everyone here except them sucks lol.

So here's my contribution:

SovrathAsheramSandmanjwScotAlBQuirky
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

YashaX said:
    Bloodaxes said:

He was fairly negative of late, but he often also made some good points, wrote well, and seemed like a nice person. Personally, I find it a loss if he has deleted his account again.
    Before he turned into a bitter poster, I agree. He did provide sometimes insightful content. Then, he suddenly became increasingly negative about pretty much anything. I often didn't even read his posts anymore, as he was becoming Wizardry 2.0. 

I just don't see the point in going in every thread were people are discussing a game they enjoy to say: "it sucks". It felt like a cry for attention at that point. Then deleting your account AGAIN because of getting a temp ban? That's pretty childish imo.
    KyleranYashaXSandmanjwAlBQuirky

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Anyone but me a tab bit perturbed that Rem was outed as Kano.

I feel that ruined the whole reason to take a new identity to start with, and IMHO, if I ha went through the effort make a fresh start account and people outed me as my old account, I would delete it as well, as it no longer serves the purpose I made it for, and maybe try again (Maybe not) and the third time around, make sure that I didn't tell any of the yahoo's that outed me, who I really was.

Just saying on that one.
    AsheramTwistedSister77KyleranSandmanjwAlBQuirky[Deleted User]
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Ungood said:

I feel that ruined the whole reason to take a new identity to start with, and IMHO, if I ha went through the effort make a fresh start account and people outed me as my old account, I would delete it as well, as it no longer serves the purpose I made it for, and maybe try again (Maybe not) and the third time around, make sure that I didn't tell any of the yahoo's that outed me, who I really was.

Just saying on that one.
    He didn't make a new account. He used his alt account that he created a few years ago. An account he admitted creating to circumvent a ban back at that time.

If he truly wanted a fresh start as you say, you create a new account not use his old alt account.
    TwistedSister77KyleranYashaXSandmanjwUngoodAlBQuirkyGdemami
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

1) I had seen this reported, and accepted it, but how did anyone make the connection?

2) me either!

3) There is an ignore function? This thread is full of revelations.
    AlBQuirky

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Iselin said:
    Is it Festivus already and no one told me?

It seems that Rem's virtual suicide is seen by some randoms as an opportunity to point out why everyone here except them sucks lol.

So here's my contribution:

IselinSandmanjwAlBQuirky
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

1) I had seen this reported, and accepted it, but how did anyone make the connection?

2) me either!

1) he always tried to deny the connection, but people here dug out his original admission to creating the alt acct back around 2014, and as I always tell my children, the internet never forgets.

2) Report = Flag button at top of your screen.

3) just realized the ignore button is not visible on my phone web browser, probably why I forgot about / never use it.
    WhiteLanternSandmanjwAlBQuirky

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited March 2021
    Ungood said:

Just saying on that one.
    Pro tip, if you really want a fresh start you'll need to make a conscience decision to change your posting style / personality, especially if you have been a prolific poster.

He made no effort at all, except for being extra cranky it was obvious to many the two were the same person even when he tried to deny it.

I actually run multiple reddit accounts with very different personas for "reasons," not the least being to evade over zealous moderation.
    YashaXcheyaneSandmanjwWhiteLanternAlBQuirky

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:

3) just realized the ignore button is not visible on my phone web browser, probably why I forgot about / never use it.
    Its there on my iphone and ipad...

Click the little arrow thing on their profile page just like on PC.  For me at least.

AlBQuirky

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Kyleran said:

Click the little arrow thing on their profile page just like on PC.  For me at least.

Found it just as you said, not very intuitive, should be prominently displayed or perhaps swapped out with the Flag button in terms of easy access.
    SandmanjwAlBQuirky

Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

Found it just as you said, not very intuitive, should be prominently displayed or perhaps swapped out with the Flag button in terms of easy access.
    Yeah it would be fantastic if we just swapped ignore with report.  Would solve 90% of the problems and make it easy to self-select out of discussions.  
    KyleranAlBQuirkyGdemami

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited March 2021
    Kyleran said:

2) me either!

1) he always tried to deny the connection, but people here dug out his original admission to creating the alt acct back around 2014, and as I always tell my children, the internet never forgets.

2) Report = Flag button at top of your screen.

Nahh ,I called remsleep out that he was Kano after 2 days of posting and for weeks he denied as i called him Kano in thread after thread ..

Cant change your writing style ... ..

It took no digging
    YashaXCryomatrixAlBQuirkySovrath
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Aaaand once again the usual suspects here changing how events actually happened for their personal agenda... knowing very well now that his account is deleted so no one can go back and see old posts to check if what they're saying is true...

"Playing both sides" is one thing but bald-faced lying is something else all together...

What is the point of even trying to contribute to this community if you're only met with hostile & deceitful behavior always from a select group of individuals?

I have a crazy idea... remove all name colors and points... maybe we can go back to a time on this site where what is being said is not affected by the need to increase forum status... and maybe also remove post count cause that before ranks/points was also something that was used to determine status. It sucks to even suggest but apparently some have become so committed to earning points that no conversation can go even slightly outside 'their' boundary of what they deem to be acceptable.

Echo chambers are boring and that's the way it seems certain people here want it due to their personal lack of ability to perceive things beyond their comprehension. Notice that everyone in this thread cheering that bad man Kano is gone have zero game industry knowledge by their own admission yet claim to constantly be some type of authority... Then when you call them out with actual proof they respond with stuff like " lol, oh we're not being serious, you thought we were being serious lolol" after vehemently trying to discredit you with misdirection and baits in multiple threads now going back over a decade...
    Those same people constantly ignore and try to play down provable facts presented by people like Kano in a never ending crusade to assert some type of strange dominance over these forums for personal gain.

Also... everyone talking ___ on Wizardry need to go back and check that a large portion of what he's said in the past turned out to be 100% accurate... and that what these people always mocking Wizardy for daring to judge games harshly were 100% wrong for some of the topics he was right about. He seems to always expect more from developers which is what ALL OF US should be expecting/demanding considering how much money they make from US.
    KyleranSandmanjwWhiteLanternAlBQuirky[Deleted User]Gdemami
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Kyleran said:
    Ungood said:

Just saying on that one.
    Pro tip, if you really want a fresh start you'll need to make a conscience decision to change your posting style / personality, especially if you have been a prolific poster.

He made no effort at all, except for being extra cranky it was obvious to many the two were the same person even when he tried to deny it.

I actually run multiple reddit accounts with very different personas for "reasons," not the least being to evade over zealous moderation.
    I cannot change my posting style that would be a hard thing to do. I would be found out quickly if I tried to take on another persona.
    UngoodAlBQuirky[Deleted User]
    Chamber of Chains