Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Valheim EA

Comments

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    edited March 2021
    Did some farming of mats and found Modors altar spent a day or so setting it all up and today with my boy and his uncle we kicked his arse......I was expecting him to be much much harder.

Guessing he will be solo, as he will be focused on you, but with more than one person you can stand right next to him and swing your sword away at him when he is on the ground and he ignores you trying to get whoever has aggro.

If 3 people surround him like we did he kind of start spinning and doesn't seem to know what to do. I Don't think he hit me once lmao...

Anyways bonemass is far, far , far harder than Modor IMO!

I had like 300 poison arrows for him built up and only used like 40 or so and only when he was in the air, the rest of the time used my mace's special attack on him and waited for my stamina to come back up when out.

His flying attacks are easy to avoid too.

Anyways got some nice salty modor tears, built some more stuff in my smithy and placed a windmill afterwards!

AsheramcheyaneAlBQuirky

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Asm0deus said:
    Did some farming of mats and found Modors altar spent a day or so setting it all up and today with my boy and his uncle we kicked his arse......I was expecting him to be much much harder.

Guessing he will be solo, as he will be focused on you, but with more than one person you can stand right next to him and swing your sword away at him when he is on the ground and he ignores you trying to get whoever has aggro.

If 3 people surround him like we did he kind of start spinning and doesn't seem to know what to do. I Don't think he hit me once lmao...

I had like 300 poison arrows for him built up and only used like 40 or so and only when he was in the air, the rest of the time used my mace's special attack on him and waited for my stamina to come back up when out.

Anyways got some nice salty modor tears, built some more stuff in my smithy and placed a windmill afterwards!

Nice, now you are going to want to make a farm in the plains to make use of that windmill much better.
    Asm0deusAlBQuirky
    Asheram said:
    Asm0deus said:

Nice, now you are going to want to make a farm in the plains to make use of that windmill much better.

Already have one! I found a mini plains area I completely walled off using the hoe earth wall method only thing inside is 3 lox I might tame eventually and I left a tiny tiny section of plains outside the wall were one fuling and one deathsquito spawn and are easy to kill from the top of my wall! 

All covered in workbenches so it's safe and cozy inside! The only way in is via portal or stamina running up the wall.

AsheramAlBQuirky

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

edited March 2021
    Asm0deus said:
    Asheram said:
    Asm0deus said:

Already have one! I found a mini plains area I completely walled off using the hoe earth wall method only thing inside is 3 lox I might tame eventually and I left a tiny tiny section of plains outside the wall were one fuling and one deathsquito spawn and are easy to kill from the top of my wall! 

All covered in workbenches so it's safe and cozy inside! The only way in is via portal or stamina running up the wall.

Awesome, just put on troll armor set and go out and throw the lox a cloudberry everytime you log in. I tamed 2 of them without making a fancy pen like wolves or boar.
    AlBQuirky
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    I'm searching for Elder (2nd Boss). His marker is on the other side of a swamp biome. I'm seeing if I can get safely to him with my ship :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    How many here have beat all the bosses and biomes? Just curious
    AlBQuirky
  • BrainyBrainy Member EpicPosts: 2,038
    Completed
    AlBQuirkyAsheram
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    I did.  Waiting for more!

AlBQuirkyAsheram

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited March 2021
    Oh can't help it wanted to show my farm, looks like my first crop is almost in, so pretty!  I want to do this whole field in barley and make another similar sized field for flax, right now this is my starter grain so to speak.  Flax on the left and barley on the right.  Yellow means it ready to collect green it's still growing.

Thinking of firing up OBS and maybe making a short video and doing a quick run through of my main base and then the farm here.

If anyone is interested in such or wants to see something in particular please say so! 

Pretty sure I could rope in my son in maybe a Modor fight or something too! He's only 12 but already told me he's a far better fighter so I should let him use our spoils to upgrade his gear first ;)   lolz

He does graciously offer to go farm some wood or stone etc so I can build more nice things for the both of us though...lol

Interesting question. 

Often times In single player games I now try to experience it to the max but in a more efficient way, time wise, so I like to look up guides and such. I have a big list of single player games to get through! lol

For games like this where the content is less but very appealing and/or I am playing with others than I like to respect their wishes and how we agree to play the game.

This means for Valheim I am taking my time, spending lots of time building more intricate or bigger buildings etc. Otherwise we could easily have rushed through all bosses by now.

My son and I are playing this game because my brother in law is in the UK and we are in Canada so my son and him don't see each other very much so he bought this for him and sent it as a steam gift, like he did minecraft, so they could pay together, while discord chatting etc.

I bought myself a copy so I could play too, after asking him if it was okay, and if I could join the dedicated server they would be playing on, it's run by a friend of my bro in law.  Obviously I respect their time together adventuring and often am busy doing other things. I also don't use mods my bro in laws friend doesn't approve of, I do however run test in my single player worlds with w/e  mods I want etc.

Point is I am having lots of fun with a game I expected to be just okay but I can see how my son and I would move on at some point when we get through the content.  It's definitely a game we would come back to when more content is released though!

I know my son is keen on the next boss but I am going to slow him down a little and maybe bring him serpent hunting more especially since now we both have harpoon for this made from chitin from leviathans we spent an evening hunting down nearly to the edge of the world.

This "hearth and home" update can't come soon enough tbh!

I have a Conan Exiles server set up for our next together game since he seems to have discovered a liking for survival type games, with mods ofc.

Hell I didn't get this 5800x for nothing! However for single player game I think I may look next at a game called "This is my land".

Post edited by Asm0deus on
    AlBQuirky[Deleted User]Asheramcheyane

edited March 2021

[Deleted User]Asm0deusAlBQuirky
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    I ended up stopping for now. The game solo got boring for me after 3rd boss. You essentially do the same thing in every zone, then fight a boss.

They really need to spruce up the game imo.  The only fleshed out zone is the plains where you need to have a base for certain crops as well as being the zone with the most variety of monsters.

Hope they add more variety to each zones in the future.

AsheramAlBQuirky

edited March 2021
    Bloodaxes said:
    I ended up stopping for now. The game solo got boring for me after 3rd boss. You essentially do the same thing in every zone, then fight a boss.

They really need to spruce up the game imo.  The only fleshed out zone is the plains where you need to have a base for certain crops as well as being the zone with the most variety of monsters.

There are only 3 mobs in plains, Fulings, Squitos and Lox and the lox was nerfed to aggro less. The swamps have Draugr, Skeletons, Ghosts, Oozers(which when you beat them turn into 2 blobs), Blobs and Leeches. I would say swamp is the one with most variety.
    Though there are 3 types of Fuilings.
    AlBQuirky
    edited March 2021
    Asheram said:
    There are only 3 mobs in plains, Fulings, Squitos and Lox and the lox was nerfed to aggro less. The swamps have Draugr, Skeletons, Ghosts, Oozers(which when you beat them turn into 2 blobs), Blobs and Leeches. I would say swamp is the one with most variety.
    Aren't there a variety of goblins? I clearly saw a big buffed one, the spear ones, and there's also "mages" no?

Skeletons aren't really exclusive to swamps. That said, I hate the swamp since it constantly rains there and water everywhere. I may be a little biased there haha.

Anyway, my point was more in how you fight them. All the enemies till the plains behave pretty much the same, bar the slime and ghosts (since they fly). The goblins throw spears at you until you go melee, there's magic casters that buff other goblins, the big dude (similar to troll I assume), deathsquitos are very agile and need to be wary of them when fighting other things, and lox not sure how it fights.
    AlBQuirky

edited March 2021
    Bloodaxes said:
    Asheram said:
    Bloodaxes said:

Aren't there a variety of goblins? I clearly saw a big buffed one, the spear ones, and there's also "mages" no?

Skeletons aren't really exclusive to swamps. That said, I hate the swamp since it constantly rains there and water everywhere. I may be a little biased there haha.
    Yeah I added there are 3 types of fulings to my post sry. Oh and I forgot the surtlings in the swamp too.
    AlBQuirky
    edited March 2021
    Torval said:
    I still like playing a lot. That said, I also think there are a ton of things that have a great foundation that need a lot more depth and effort put into them.

Burial and Sunken Crypts - Great idea and start, but they need a lot more to them.

Wishbone - This has so many possibilities. I'd love for them to do more.

The same could be said for most systems like building, portals, and such. The team has a lot of work to do, but I also think they're doing great so far with what they have done.

I also wish future zones would require different things to craft gear than mining. I kinda got sick of it by the time I finished the swamp.

Wasn't really thrilled of going in the mountains hoping to find silver with the wishbone, and hauling it back by foot to reach ship back to base yet another time. 
    AlBQuirky

edited March 2021
    Wishbone is nice for finding iron ore outside crypts too.

Mountains are definately alot easier now than when it was in beta, needed 3 silver armor pieces to get frost buff(and silver armor was so heavy felt like walking in molasses), now all you need is a lox or a wolf cape.
    Bloodaxes[Deleted User]AlBQuirky
    Asm0deus[Deleted User]TillercheyaneAlBQuirkyRungarBabuinix[Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited March 2021
    Torval said:
    Asheram said:

Hahaha... If we're going to have these meta buttons we really need a LMAO because lol just doesn't cut it here.

I agree with that....we need more buttons for sure.  

LMFAO

/dead

Post edited by Tiller on
    AsheramAlBQuirky
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

edited April 2021
    Just saw this on the Valheim reddit:

Guy's wife gave this to him as a birthday card. He turned 36, or day 13,140 :lol:

A couple of replies about his "budgeting" skill LOL
    [Deleted User]AsheramAsm0deus[Deleted User]

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    AlBQuirky said:

Guy's wife gave this to him as a birthday card. He turned 36, or day 13,140 :lol:

Heres a veiled attack and report card for your birthday! At first i thought he was a lucky guy but then i thought a lucky guy would  of gotten a 3090 instead of this crappy card. 
    AlBQuirky
    .05 of a second to midnight
    Rungar said:
    AlBQuirky said:

Heres a veiled attack and report card for your birthday! At first i thought he was a lucky guy but then i thought a lucky guy would  of gotten a 3090 instead of this crappy card. 

It finally hit me what those redditors were talking about! <slaps forehead>

VIDEO CARDS!

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR

If you are into VR there is a mod being developed just for you.

AlBQuirky
    They had a easter egg contest and here are the winning submissions, pretty damn cool. ;)

AlBQuirkycheyane[Deleted User]
  • RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    edited April 2021
    Lets see your bases .. whats up with the embedding pics..meh i suck at code.

forgot workshop!

Post edited by Rungar on
    AlBQuirkyTwistedSister77AsheramAsm0deus
    .05 of a second to midnight