Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just stop it!

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited March 2021
    kitarad said:
    I doubt Kano was banned for that, I mean for criticizing a game. He does take it upon himself to post on almost any thread the game he currently hates happen to have on the forum while he is on a 'knickers in a twist' state about the popularity of the game. I have no idea why he got banned but I have reported people who have insulted me personally. I don't give them a pass.
    Absolutely agree, can't imagine this site banning anyone for criticizing a game these days, though in the past it apparently happened if people consistently slagged on one in every thread.

I criticize many, (almost every?) game discussed here, and often mock the "people" who buy or play them, but only in a general manner, not a personal one and know well enough not to continuously keep doing so ad nauseam.

There are others here (you know who they are) who have nothing good to say about anything, they live under a black sun and will decry absolutely everything connected with gaming and often everything else in life....yet, they rarely, if ever get banned.

Why? Because they are smart enough to never make it personal. Even when others call them out on things, they wisely refuse to get baited in to responding. (believe me, I've tried)

I often wonder though if they are being truly smart, or just never bother to read what others post beyond the thread title. ;)

AlBQuirky

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    lahnmir said:
    Bloodaxes said:
    With replies like that delete, you'll never learn from your mistakes.

Always the victim, never the villain.
    I do think a few here are out to get him. I have read much, much worse stuff by people never receiving a ban. Delete just draws a lot of attention to himself so it is easy to notice him and make him a “target.” 

Many people report for disagreeing, for being irritated, for wanting to silence somebody. I even think very few do it because they actually think a poster violated forum policy to such a degree that it warrants a ban. I for one have never seen Delete post something to such an extent. Then again, what I find outrageous might be completely normal to someone else and vice versa.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I honestly have no idea who reports him. Hell, I didn't report him when he literally told me I'm stupid for not following his "logic" on gaming.

Still, if I kept getting timeout/banned, I would try to understand why. By posting what he did, he clearly still thinks he did nothing wrong. That is the problem. 
    lahnmirkitaradcheyaneAlBQuirky

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited March 2021
    LMFAO .. it does appear that Remsleep(Kano) has deleted his acct again ..

what a pussy
    delete5230KyleranCryomatrixAlBQuirky
    Bloodaxes said:

Mistakes, such as ?
    That not everything is a fact. Generally, what I think, and what you think are OPINIONS, NOT FACTS!

Next time someone disagrees with you, think twice and reflect before dismissing them. That is your big problem in my opinion. You tend to become hostile and keep sticking to your beliefs no matter what. 
    [Deleted User]AlBQuirky

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited March 2021
    Bloodaxes said:

Mistakes, such as ?
    Your failure to realize when you've made a mistake.

Learning to admit when you've made a mistake is one of the hardest skills for many humans to learn. You don't necessarily need to learn to admit it to others. But as long as you don't admit to yourself it blocks you from a lot of other learning.

EDIT: Just to clarify. Every time you get banned you've made a mistake.
    Bloodaxeskitarad[Deleted User]KyleranAlBQuirkyGdemami

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    If people were allowed to delete other people's accounts for the slightest offense, this (and all social media) would be desolate, barren wastelands devoid of intelligent life.  Oh wait, is that a self-fulfilling prophecy?

Slapshot1188BrainyAlBQuirky[Deleted User]Abscissa15QuizzicalGdemami

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Me on a personal level,
    I hate hypocrites....Say one thing in one post, then say something else in another...... A man/woman should have integrity. 

I hate squealers, I hate people that wait for someone to be banded so they could come out of the wood work and talk about them.... where's your integrity ?

Important:
    My original postings are not an attack on a person, JUST MY STATEMENTS, my convictions. If you disagree that's fine.... Instead I get attacked, and usually only by the SAME FEW !...... Again I'll repeat that... THE SAME FEW !

I'll admit, I put up a nasty defensive posture when attacked, but understand I'm provoked, always the SAME FEW !!! 

If the "overall community" want's me to leave I will, but I'll not leave on my own, because the loud SAME FEW !

Maybe I'll get a band for this..... "But I get to keep my integrity" 

Sorry, every time I hear tergedy, I think of this video.

delete5230AlBQuirky
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    edited March 2021
    Let me start by saying if any of you get banned for what you say in this thread I will
    expect a written explanation from you. Keep calm and Carry On Posting. :)

I do think there is a disparity in who gets bans, it is down to who gets reported as much as what they are saying. That's not the systems fault, the staff can't read every word, so their attention has to focus on what is reported. I am sure many more people should be getting short term temporary bans, but the whole idea of the thread guys is to try to have less. We want less posters in jail not more! Having done this sort of admin once (never again) for a forum myself I don't blame the staff, you never get thanks when things go well and only get noticed when posters think you have been unfair.

So lets try to hold back on those disparaging comments, but also lets try to hold back on the report button. I love the cut and thrust on here but we don't have to make it personal. I would never ignore someone, not even Gdemami but that's better than reporting in my eyes. 

delete5230Slapshot1188AlBQuirky[Deleted User]
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Scot said:
    Let me start by saying if any of you get banned for what you say in this thread I will

I do think there is a disparity in who gets bans, it is down to who gets reported as much as what they are saying. That's not the systems fault, the staff can't read every word, so their attention has to focus on what is reported. I am sure many more people should be getting short term temporary bans, but the whole idea of the thread guys is to try to have less. We want less posters in jail not more! Having done this sort of admin once (never again) for a forum myself I don't blame the staff, you never get thanks when things go well and only get noticed when posters think you have been unfair.

So lets try to hold back on those disparaging comments, but also lets try to hold back on the report button. I love the cut and thrust on here but we don't have to make it personal. I would never ignore someone, not even Gdemami but that's better than reporting in my eyes. 

Reported :)
    WhiteLanternScotmmolouKyleranAlBQuirky
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited March 2021
    The problem is, some of these people that get banned don't learn their lesson or understand their own behaviors on WHY they get banned. I.E. - Remsleep(Kano) 

deleting their account and remaking an avatar doesn't fix the problem.
    KyleranAlBQuirky

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    edited March 2021
    Scorchien said:

what a pussy
    Insulting a member is against TOS, but if they deleted their account... technically they are no longer a member.  Carry on I guess?  Philosophical.

I do think it's lame to delete your whole account, what about all the good insight... gone.  Time to buy Cyberpunk 2077 I guess  :D
    KyleranAlBQuirky
    edited March 2021
    I only report adbots, I quote and try to correct people from breaking TOS in threads and giving them a shot to edit before someone reports (direct insults usually, never game opinions).

AlBQuirky
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    edited March 2021
    Tokken said:
    Help me understand...... what are these guys getting banned for?  Just curious.
    In some ways that does not matter, boards have a policy and you have to follow it. Differences in interpretation can mean you think what you post is fine when it is not, you could be at fault, the staff may have got it wrong; no system is perfect in the real world so why would it be online?

But personal attacks are what this revolves around and no two of us here are always going to agree on what that constitutes. If you realise that, then it down to holding back on certain styles of grammar and wording which have caused you trouble before and refraining from using the report key unless you think this is something like racism.

Well that's me for today, I expect everyone to be here tomorrow, if you post or not. :)
    TokkenAlBQuirky
    Scot said:
    Well that's me for today, I expect everyone to be here tomorrow, if you post or not. :)
    No, I'm leaving.

You broke my heart!
    ScotAlBQuirky

edited March 2021
    Bloodaxes said:
    Scot said:
    No, I'm leaving.

You broke my heart!
    All the dudes can leave, I'll be left with the lady posters. :D o:)
    delete5230mmolouKyleranBloodaxesScotAlBQuirkyAbscissa15
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Scorchien said:

what a pussy

It's like a virtual temper tantrum.

One could just not come to the site anymore but "nooooo I'll show them .... "

I don't know what's going on with him but as someone pointed out, ever since 2077, everything has been negative and amped to 11.

For the record, I only report people for extremely racist or sexist remarks and mostly on others.

In any case, he'll be back with Kano2 Electric Boogaloo ...
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    "If the "overall community" want's me to leave I will, but I'll not leave on my own, because the loud SAME FEW !"

No issue here...For the most part I enjoy what you have to say...Sure we all disagree at times, but it should never come to personal insults....Few of us know each other in real life...We are just here offering opinions and experiences.
    [Deleted User]
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited March 2021
    If people talk to me like I'm their dog or worse, in real life, I reflect that back to them by doing the same.
    I've tried the same here with a few individuals, some which have been mentioned in this thread, and it got me in trouble.

So now I use the "legal" way. If I see personal attacks, I don't answer: I report.

There's one guy around here who is always ranting about how "old school" MMORPGs were so much better, when he actually never played one himself. Actually, he did try one, and he didn't last a week (self admitted), yet he keeps on spamming about how those game were better. I don't like bullshit, so I called him out on it often. Of course, it resulted in personal attacks from him, which I reflected, and it got me a few bans. I've learned my lesson, and I will now use the moderators instead of answering directly. Interestingly, since I use the "legal" way, I never got in trouble again.

Just a hint: the moderators do NOT ban you if you dislike a game. They ban you if you issue personal attacks on someone because he enjoys a game you don't, or simply because he disagrees with you.
    yep, 
    Wouldn't last a day in prison. 
    I know I would :)
  • RungarRungar Member RarePosts: 1,132
    Mendel said:
    If people were allowed to delete other people's accounts for the slightest offense, this (and all social media) would be desolate, barren wastelands devoid of intelligent life.  Oh wait, is that a self-fulfilling prophecy?

yes it is. 
    .05 of a second to midnight
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Scot said:
    ILet me start by saying if any of you get banned for what you say in this thread I will

Totally agree.  I never blame the staff, just the people who can’t make a coherent counter argument and resort to reporting.  Heck, most of the people I argue with on here say such silly crap that I WANT everyone to see it!

Awesome post.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• SandmanjwSandmanjw Member RarePosts: 527
    Dunno what all the drama is about....Kano/Rem has never been the same the last year.

Maybe real life took a turn with all that it has been dealing to everyone lately.

But he has seriously been going to way overboard land on many of the things he/she/they  post about.

Even going so far as to delete a years old account in a fit it appears....

Anyone can have some bad times...but when they last for so long, some ban's might do some good.

Doubt it will do much, but drawing some attention to going way overboard might help.

As to Delete...kind of what i am talking about. Have seen a few times going overboard, but then back to normal, (if anything Delete posts is normal  >:)

But what a long time poster here should be, take the lumps, and come back and keeps going like an energizer bunny..... 
    SovrathKyleranScot
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Scot said:
    ILet me start by saying if any of you get banned for what you say in this thread I will

Totally agree.  I never blame the staff, just the people who can’t make a coherent counter argument and resort to reporting.  Heck, most of the people I argue with on here say such silly crap that I WANT everyone to see it!

Awesome post.

I never reported anyone for posting silly crap, I call them out for it. It's when they resort to personal attacks in answer to my calling that I report, since answering in the same way they do just get ME in trouble.

Basic survival instinct. If you can't beat the tide, fight with it.
    If someone threatens my family or starts doxing me sure but that hasn't happened yet.  If someone on an internet forum calls me a dumbass?  I just laugh. I have enough self-confidence that if someone on the internet calls me a stupid m-fer who knows nothing I can laugh it off.    Id still rather that person be here creating entertainment than banned and gone.  People take these posts far too seriously. Never get invested enough in a game that it starts to affect you. 

The numbers do not lie.  When I look at the graveyard of old threads and see the names of people lost because of others that "won" their fight I just shake my head.  

BrainyKyleranScot[Deleted User]Gdemami

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Sandmanjw said:
    But what a long time poster here should be, take the lumps, and come back and keeps going like an energizer bunny..... 
    Squealers try and take the bunny down, but he keeps on ticking :D
    achesomaSlapshot1188BrainyKyleranSandmanjwNorseGodScotAlBQuirkyTheocritus
  • BrainyBrainy Member EpicPosts: 2,038
    After reading this thread, what I see is a clique of toxic snowflakes reporting people.  They cant take people disagreeing with them.

Sure I agree reporting people if they are racist, or if they are being constantly harrassed.

Yeah lets not pretend to believe in their fake outrage or them supposedly taking offense.  This is about power, its about suppressing opposing viewpoints.

Their is someone on this site that I get into heated arguments with lately.  A lot of subjects we agree on, sometimes we have passionate disagreements that probably go over the line according to these snowflakes.  I never reported them, and respect them for not reported me.  I am adult enough to realize that sometimes people say things in a passionate argument. (to this person I hope there is no hard feelings)

Reporting should be reserved for very serious situations.  I think these Mods should start banning people who use the report button too many times.  Obviously these snowflakes cant handle themselves in a sandbox with others without getting their precious feelings hurt.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Mod who is banning people is either Friends or Related to one of the clique doing the reporting.

Yeah this will probably be my last post, I am sure I will be banned because some toxic Snowflake took offense.  Its fine, just reading this thread makes me sick, I don't want to support a site that bans opposing viewpoints for minor offenses.  So its time for me to take a break for a few years.
    delete5230BruceYeeSlapshot1188KyleranSandmanjwNorseGodUngoodAlBQuirkyMendel
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    kitarad said:
    You really think people are getting reported for posting mean things about your game or is it because they have been mounting a sustained campaign on every thread about the game and posting the same drivel over and over. That is not insecurity that is good sense on the part of the person who makes the report.
    The times I have been reported have honestly been for completely trivial things. Any time I say something even slightly racy or negative about a game or criticize people's reaction to I seem to get reported. Its a bit ridiculous imo.

I think the last time I got reported I said something like "you are all fucking cry babies" about people complaining about the BG3 beta launch. Another time I said the combat in FF14 "sucks" or something to that effect and got reported.

I don't know if its insecurity or just that some people are assholes, but I certainly don't think its "good sense on the person that makes the report" in many cases. 
    delete5230Slapshot1188AlBQuirky