Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just stop it!

ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,953
Stop getting yourself temporarily banned, stop deleting your entire post history...we need posters not guys with a short term jail sentence or self imposed  "burn notice".

It is good to see Delete is back, just try to stay with us mate. I hope Remsleep makes it back to us and this time just stays with us. I used to get annoyed when posters changed their avatars...OK I still do. But this is a whole new level of annoying. :)
AlBQuirkyYashaX[Deleted User]Gdemami

Comments

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Did Remsleep delete his account again ?
    AlBQuirky

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    edited March 2021
    If he really did that again, he's such a crybaby.

Tbh, good riddance! He brought nothing but negativity and bitterness since he deleted DMKano.
    AlBQuirkyTokken[Deleted User]Gdemami

I checked for him he seems to have vanished without a trace on the threads I could have sworn he had posted on. Well he will probably come back with another account.

Delete I don't understand. If I had any pride I would not come back here. He has been banned so many times it is a running joke betting when he will be again. He needs to quit this forum for good.
    AlBQuirkyWhiteLantern[Deleted User]cheyaneGdemami

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    kitarad said:
    I checked for him he seems to have vanished without a trace on the threads I could have sworn he had posted on. Well he will probably come back with another account.

Delete I don't understand. If I had any pride I would not come back here. He has been banned so many times it is a running joke betting when he will be again. He needs to quit this forum for good.
    In all fairness, 90% of the time Delete gets banned I wonder why. We have serial posters here that consistently post worse stuff then he does but somehow there are a couple of people who keep reporting him.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Slapshot1188UngoodScotYashaXAlBQuirky
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    edited March 2021
    @scott I disagree with the root cause. The problem is people that are so insecure that they feel compelled to report folks for posts they disagree with.  People need to be less worried about trying to control what others say and take control of what they see via the ignore function.  In all my time here there was only one person that needed to be put on that list and never in a million years would I want that person banned from the site. 

As for pseudokano, I’m sure he just made another account to try and start fresh.  After the way he whiffed on Valheim I think he wanted yet another fresh start.

Scot[Deleted User]TheocritusBrainyAsm0deusCryomatrixAlBQuirkyLackingMMOGdemami

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

I don't think it has anything to do with insecurity. I think it is done when the rules of the site are broken. If you're lucky no one reports you but saying the person reporting is insecure seems to be a stretch especially where Delete is concerned. Besides the rules are there for a reason and anyone availing themselves of that option isn't the problem.

I was warned once and I knew I was doing something wrong even as I typed the words. Since then I have been careful and I have checked my posts and removed the parts that might be a problem.

Forums like this have rules and they should be observed. 
    KyleranTokkenYashaXcheyaneAlBQuirkyTuor7

edited March 2021
    kitarad said:
    I don't think it has anything to do with insecurity.  
    Totally disagree.

Someone posts a racist screed... sure report them.
    Someone says mean things about "your" game, get over it.

If you type something I find so painful to read that it bothers me, I have a tool I can use to just never see your posts again via the ignore function.  This isn't about controlling what we see/hear, it's about controlling what others say.  And the results are plain to see.  Look through old threads and just see the hundreds of good posters that contributed to the conversations that are now banned.   We are reporting ourselves out of existence as our community shrinks each day.

BrainyYashaXAsm0deusAlBQuirkyGdemamiTuor7

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

You really think people are getting reported for posting mean things about your game or is it because they have been mounting a sustained campaign on every thread about the game and posting the same drivel over and over. That is not insecurity that is good sense on the part of the person who makes the report.
    KyleranTokkencheyaneAlBQuirky

edited March 2021
    kitarad said:
    You really think people are getting reported for posting mean things about your game or is it because they have been mounting a sustained campaign on every thread about the game and posting the same drivel over and over. That is not insecurity that is good sense on the part of the person who makes the report.
    Why?  When a simple ignore removes the "problem" for you.  Why be obsessed with what other people say when you can control what you see/hear?

As I said, I have 1 person in all these years on the list.  I have used it now for well over a year, maybe more.  It works wonders.  I wouldn't dream of having him banned because while I find their posting to be silly and like spam, others engage him.  That is how we get content.   Even pseudokano when he was literally accounting for 50% of posts in threads about Valheim trying to tell everyone how bad the game he never played was, the solution was never to report/ban him.  It was to counter the silliness he posted and then if he really got annoying for anyone to simply hit the ignore button.
    BrainyAlBQuirkyGdemami

No ignoring the person will not stop them from posting. Reporting them will. The goal here isn't my problem with the person but what they are doing on the forum. So if they are breaking the rules the best way to stop them is to report them. I don't see why I have to ignore them when I can get them banned. It is definitely an infinitely better option than an ignore.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]SandmanjwcheyaneAlBQuirky

kitarad said:
    Totally disagree.

Well, that's the thing. Every time delete was banned, was because he was insulting people not games.
    kitaradIselinKyleran[Deleted User]YashaX[Deleted User]AlBQuirky

kitarad said:
    No ignoring the person will not stop them from posting. Reporting them will. The goal here isn't my problem with the person but what they are doing on the forum. So if they are breaking the rules the best way to stop them is to report them. I don't see why I have to ignore them when I can get them banned. It is definitely an infinitely better option than an ignore.
    So we have a very different take on things.   I couldn't care less what others are doing as I can ignore them.  You seek to stop people from posting because you dislike what they say.

THAT is exactly the problem and why our community is dwindling.  Just go look through old threads and count the number of contributors no longer with us because someone thought they said a mean thing about a game.

No need to go back and forth.  We have both made our positions clear. 

kitaradTwistedSister77BrainyAlBQuirkyGdemamiTuor7

I doubt Kano was banned for that, I mean for criticizing a game. He does take it upon himself to post on almost any thread the game he currently hates happen to have on the forum while he is on a 'knickers in a twist' state about the popularity of the game. I have no idea why he got banned but I have reported people who have insulted me personally. I don't give them a pass.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]cheyaneAlBQuirky

edited March 2021
    kitarad said:
    So we have a very different take on things.   I couldn't care less what others are doing as I can ignore them.  You seek to stop people from posting because you dislike what they say.

THAT is exactly the problem and why our community is dwindling.  Just go look through old threads and count the number of contributors no longer with us because someone thought they said a mean thing about a game.

Just to be clear I do not report people over games just personal insults. That can happen though while I am talking about a game but it is not because of their criticism about the game. I have never personally considered it grounds for reporting but I can easily see how others might do it. That was what I was trying to explain but it sounded like I reported people for saying mean things about the game I liked. I don't.

I don't disagree either that this is the reason we have lost people. I personally think people should respect others while posting and refrain from personal insults. That is a simple rule in my opinion.

On steam this is a rampant problem with certain posters making multiple threads on a game complaining about it. Those posters are banned because that does affect the sale of the game. 

As you can see the rules were applied there for a different reason. On these forums no real impact can be directly attributed to the forum posters and the loss in sales. 
    Kyleran[Deleted User]cheyaneAlBQuirky

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited March 2021
    Bloodaxes said:
    kitarad said:
    Totally disagree.

Well, that's the thing. Every time delete was banned, was because he was insulting people not games.
    Yes. That was also the case for Kano/Rem this time I think, when in one one of the threads about Magic Legends his reply to a poster who likes the game was to "seek professional help." Dissing a game is one thing but personal attacks based on opinions about a game are on a different level.

I haven't been banned myself for a few years but I have been before for doing pretty well the same thing he did. They are consistent with that here (if they see it - reported or not) especially if you bring sarcastic remarks about mental health into it.

Deleting an account over being banned is a pretty childish over-reaction though... "You can't ban ME! I'll show you!" 
    KyleranSovrath[Deleted User]YashaXAlBQuirky
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• CuddleheartCuddleheart Member UncommonPosts: 391
    Weird how eager people are to be tattle tales these days.  I’m all for rules to maintain civil discussion and to curb digression into ad hominem nonsense.  That said, I’ve been on the internet long enough to know that it’s mostly not about maintaining civility.  It’s totally about scoring imaginary points and dunking on someone by ‘punishing’ them. 

At least I’m sure you’ve solidly convinced yourselves it’s for a righteous cause. Can’t wait for your tiktok videos!  Real heroes click report buttons!  

KyleranSlapshot1188BrainyNorseGodAlBQuirky
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Iselin said:
    Bloodaxes said:
    kitarad said:
    Totally disagree.

Yes. That was also the case for Kano/Rem this time I think, when in one one of the threads about Magic Legends his reply to a poster who likes the game was to "seek professional help." Dissing a game is one thing but personal attacks based on opinions about a game are on a different level.

I haven't been banned myself for a few years but I have been before for doing pretty well the same thing he did. They are consistent with that here (if they see it - reported or not) especially if you bring sarcastic remarks about mental health into it.

Deleting an account over being banned is a pretty childish over-reaction though... "You can't ban ME! I'll show you!" 
    Ya, that's been the thing, posting attacks on individuals. Mean-spirited or not, the bans on Delete and RemKano were for personal attacks, not game attacks.
    I'm kinda surprised by Rem's ban, he responded harshly to a poster know for posting highly contrary opinions. Rem bit and made it personal. He hasn't been the same since 2077 worked him over.
    KyleranYashaXAlBQuirky

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited March 2021
    @scott I disagree with the root cause. The problem is people that are so insecure that they feel compelled to report folks for posts they disagree with.  People need to be less worried about trying to control what others say and take control of what they see via the ignore function.  In all my time here there was only one person that needed to be put on that list and never in a million years would I want that person banned from the site. 

As for pseudokano, I’m sure he just made another account to try and start fresh.  After the way he whiffed on Valheim I think he wanted yet another fresh start.

I think you're wrong on why people report others.

It's sometimes done because they hate someone and want to hurt him. Other times it's done because they want to protect someone or the community as a whole - especially parents might be inclined to report a post that they think might be harmful to children. Yet other times it's done because the person reporting believes that the rules do good, believes that he's doing good thing and helping by reporting.

But I think reporting is only rarely done because someone is insecure. A person who is insecure or uncertain usually does not tend to call the moderator's attention to the issue. It's the people who feel secure who have no qualms about calling extra attention because they still feel secure after calling for it.
    BrainyAlBQuirky

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited March 2021
    He hasn't been the same since 2077 worked him over.
    I laughed at that. His posting lately has been almost 100% negative. No positive "I like this game because..." or "I like this about that game" posts to balance out his negativity that I've noticed in the past few months.

We already have Wizardry for that and his posts are much more entertaining complete with many Emily Litella moments...

AsheramYashaXAlBQuirky
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited March 2021
    For the people new here that are catching up to what this post is about, 
    I'm one of the people the OP is referring too. 

My convictions are rock solid !..... A mans word is their honor. 

My relevance here is simple.  Same as it had always been, and always will be.  

First and second Generation games are mmorpg's....

The past 10 years we have games online !!!.... I'll say that again for the people trying to ignore the elephant in the room. "Games online", where people play solo and others are simple fillers and not needed.... THEIR SOLO GAMES !..... I don't care if you like them. infact good for you, you have something to play :) 

BUT THEIR NOT MMORPG'S. 

Cash shops should not be !!!!!..... They run ramped and killing all three generations, If you have a gambling addiction seek help !.... This is not the place for another addiction. I could link many Youtubes talking about the down hill slide mmorpg's are going through.

You know it is already, you don't need links.

Me on a personal level,
    I hate hypocrites....Say one thing in one post, then say something else in another...... A man/woman should have integrity. 

I hate squealers, I hate people that wait for someone to be banded so they could come out of the wood work and talk about them.... where's your integrity ?

Important:
    My original postings are not an attack on a person, JUST MY STATEMENTS, my convictions. If you disagree that's fine.... Instead I get attacked, and usually only by the SAME FEW !...... Again I'll repeat that... THE SAME FEW !

I'll admit, I put up a nasty defensive posture when attacked, but understand I'm provoked, always the SAME FEW !!! 

If the "overall community" want's me to leave I will, but I'll not leave on my own, because the loud SAME FEW !

Maybe I'll get a band for this..... "But I get to keep my integrity" 

KumaponWhiteLanternIselinScotBrainy[Deleted User]AlBQuirkyGdemami
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    kitarad said:

Here's the thing, before the management change it used to be pretty easy to get perma banned, though why that was a big deal I'll never know considering how simple it is to make a new account with no one being the wiser.

These days it appears they rarely perma ban anyone, some posters (ahem) have been given a half a dozen or more TV timeouts ranging from a few days to maybe even a month or so, yet they keep coming back. ;)

You've mentioned the ignore function, been awhile since I used it much, mostly because it sucked as you could still see the ignored persons dribble if others quoted them.  

Don't know if it's changed but at one time it was very limited, as I recall to a maximum of five accounts which back in the day wasn't nearly enough to cover all the arses, spammers, mega trolls etc.

BloodaxesSandmanjwYashaXAlBQuirky

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

With replies like that delete, you'll never learn from your mistakes.

Always the victim, never the villain.
    [Deleted User]AlBQuirky

edited March 2021
    Kyleran said:
    You've mentioned the ignore function, been awhile since I used it much, mostly because it sucked as you could still see the ignored persons dribble if others quoted them.  
    On top of that (which was/is very annoying!), closing your eyes and pretending they're not there is only a temporary solution. If the same people keep spewing negativity, are they contributing anything worthwhile for the forum?

I disagree with the notion that people left because of being reported. People grow, they get tired of certain things and move on. Hell, mmorpgs are barely alive as is, there's not much to discuss anymore.

That is a big reason why this site is no longer thriving as back then. I barely comment anymore. Why should I? Anytime something new comes up here, the same couple people come rampant to dismiss it. 
    AlBQuirky

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Bloodaxes said:

I do think a few here are out to get him. I have read much, much worse stuff by people never receiving a ban. Delete just draws a lot of attention to himself so it is easy to notice him and make him a “target.” 

Many people report for disagreeing, for being irritated, for wanting to silence somebody. I even think very few do it because they actually think a poster violated forum policy to such a degree that it warrants a ban. I for one have never seen Delete post something to such an extent. Then again, what I find outrageous might be completely normal to someone else and vice versa.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    ScorchienScotSlapshot1188BrainyYashaXAlBQuirky
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Bloodaxes said:

Mistakes, such as ?
    Gdemami