Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR's Battle Pass And RuneScape's Log-In Issues Persist - MMORPG's Quick 5 | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2021 in Videos Discussion

imageSWTOR's Battle Pass And RuneScape's Log-In Issues Persist - MMORPG's Quick 5 | MMORPG.com

If you've got 5 minutes, we've got 5 stories from the week that was in MMO and RPG news. Here is this week's Quick 5.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    edited March 2021
    BDO is strange, the lore states Sage is one man, but you are going to meet an awful lot of him in game. :)

• ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818

Scot said:

BDO is strange, the lore states Sage is one man, but you are going to meet an awful lot of him in game. :)

"Asian MMORPG Lore" is an oxymoron... xD Asian MMOs suck at lore usually, on a good day, through sheer dumb luck, some of them can pull off some remotely decent gameplay and stuff it with some Ray Tracing graphics from 20 years into the future to compensate for the mediocrity of the game and lack of everything else.

I'm amazed how many people are playing BDO, I don't even understand why. When I tried it, the graphics were ugly, modern, but very poorly put together, the lore was so generic that I felt my brain smoothening a little from reading the text, the UI is very confusing and hard to navigate and the combat is very boring and sleep-inducing, even ESO's garbage combat is leagues better than that of BDO... I simply don't get what people see in this game. It's B2P, it's P2W, it has almost no PvE content, it's 80% grinding.

Scot said:

"Asian MMORPG Lore" is an oxymoron... xD Asian MMOs suck at lore usually, on a good day, through sheer dumb luck, some of them can pull off some remotely decent gameplay and stuff it with some Ray Tracing graphics from 20 years into the future to compensate for the mediocrity of the game and lack of everything else.

I'm amazed how many people are playing BDO, I don't even understand why. When I tried it, the graphics were ugly, modern, but very poorly put together, the lore was so generic that I felt my brain smoothening a little from reading the text, the UI is very confusing and hard to navigate and the combat is very boring and sleep-inducing, even ESO's garbage combat is leagues better than that of BDO... I simply don't get what people see in this game. It's B2P, it's P2W, it has almost no PvE content, it's 80% grinding.
    Overall I am not a fan, but the graphics are very good and that why people play it.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Scot said:

Well, not to attack you but if you only look at things "through your own eyes" then of course you aren't going to see what others see.

As far as eastern games an lore, I find that they convey most of that visually as opposed to "telling you a story." Lineage 2 had a LOT of that. The story was in the landscape and you'd have snippets of text here and there that gave you a bit of information.

Black Desert is simply one of the best and most beautiful mmorpg's to ever grace a gaming screen.

Not perfect and part of that is how much they try to do on screen and then how they have their engine handle it.

Black Desert's lore isn't handled very well when it comes to the text and sometimes it feels cobbled together but that's one game. It's visual storytelling from what I can remember is done very well. And, the creation of a world, even though there are one too many set pieces for my taste, is better than most mmorpgs.

The UI is confusing and in my opinion quite bad. I think, again my opinion) that they over-thought their game systems and how it was relayed to the player.

It's combat is amazing but, in my opinion, too much light show. It is an action combat game and one that is meant to be extremely fast paced.

You not liking it doesn't make it bad. It means you don't like it. Same with the grinding aspect. I enjoy the combat so much that the grinding is very fun. Then again, I like grind games. I like doing something over just running around from quest giver to quest giver.

Where Black Desert falters is that they aren't really doing much with the game world but just making class upon class so they can make more money.

It's my hopes that Crimson Desert will address some of this.
    cheyaneScot
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Torval said:
    Pearl Abyss lost my characters during the transfer. I had made the initial transfer request at the end of January. Part of it worked. I could log in the game just fine. My "family name" was transferred, but my two characters were not. All my character slots were locked except seasonal which may be how they require players to start new characters.

I made sure to go back through and check my transfer steps. I made a forum post in support.... *crickets*. I put in a support ticket.... *crickets*. I waited about 10 days and then uninstalled.

I'm playing ESO instead and probably much happier for it. I'm enjoying my time there. There is so much content.
    That's a shame but long term BDO bites you with grind or P2W and grind. I enjoyed my stay in the game for about three months, which is incredibly short for me, ESO is a good stand in, I was there for two to three years.