Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do people think computers are expensive?

1235»

Comments

• TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 8,440
    IF you wanted to game in the past you had to spend alot to get a good enough rig to play....In 2021, I don't thinkl I need the perfect rig anymore......Pretty good seems good enough now....Graphics aren't usually my top priority in a game anyway.
    AlBQuirky
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 2,791
    Once immunization gets out computer prices will drop due to (where I live anyways) computer shops pretty much on pause until further notice. 2-4k for a modern gaming setup isn't an unreasonable expectation.
    AlBQuirky

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• ArthurDavisArthurDavis Newbie CommonPosts: 4
    Because they are!)
    And this btc and mining stuff is just killing dreams of average gamer to buy a good PC
    AlBQuirky
  • VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 6,911
    Akulas said:
    Once immunization gets out computer prices will drop due to (where I live anyways) computer shops pretty much on pause until further notice. 2-4k for a modern gaming setup isn't an unreasonable expectation.
    At the moment the price increase is caused by crypto craze, not by covid, and the prices will not come down as long as the crypto craze continues.
    AlBQuirky

• coretex666coretex666 Member EpicPosts: 4,024
    We can do one for each income tier.

Ranging from why do people think that one slice of bread is expensive all the way to private jets and islands. 
    AlBQuirky
  • AugustusGAugustusG Member UncommonPosts: 73
    edited March 20
    Someone menioned the semiconductor crisis? Price are higher than usualy these days because of the shortage.
    AlBQuirky
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 6,598
    AugustusG said:
    Someone menioned the semiconductor crisis? Price are higher than usualy these days because of the shortage.
    Even when the shortage ends they will keep the higher prices.
    AlBQuirky

• olepiolepi Member RarePosts: 1,684
    edited March 20
    In 1980, I used to buy computers for Motorola to do chip design. A 300 mb disk was the size of a washing machine, and cost $15,000 in 1980 dollars.

The other day, I went into WalMart and bought a 32gb memory stick for $10. In 1980 terms, that would be 100 washing machines for a total of $1,500,000. You would also need a building to house the 100 washing machines.

Computers are cheap now.
    Post edited by olepi on
    AlBQuirkyScot

------------
    2021: 44 years on the Net.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,278
    Most people live on credit,meaning money they don' have so to claim PC's are cheap is a fabrication based on how we live.
    AlBQuirkySandmanjw

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.