Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If an MMORPG go F2P , will you try it ?

124»

Comments

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 3,491
    AlBQuirky said:
    Wargfoot said:
    I don't think $2700 for 15 years of entertainment is a bad thing.
    At a conservative 10 hrs. per week that is 35 cents an hour.

I'm not aware of any other service that is expected to survive on less revenue than a MMORPG with a subscription model - when figured for the amount of time the service is actively used.

During 2001-2004, I bought very few other games as my time was spent in EverQuest. If you find "that home online" MMORPG, you may not purchase many other games :)

I did the same thing with Everquest being my main game, but I much prefer the models now with so much more flexibility....I spent more on Everquest than I probably have on all other games combined and once I stopped I had nothing....Sure we can log in now because it went f2p a few years go, but at the time I felt like I wasted my money.
    You had the enjoyment from playing the game while you were subscribed, and you knew going in that would be all you'd have when you quit.

Getting what you paid for while you are paying for it seems reasonable to me.
    [Deleted User]AlBQuirky
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Mars_OMG said:
    I will try it. The only rule I follow is itis from these companies :

Funcom
    Gamigo
    Activision/Blizzard

Those are ones I stay away from.
    Absolutes are rarely working (at least for me), and time is an important factor too.
    Like Funcom on your list, I do agree they're worthless scum (and I'm being polite there, [cue in Kyle's voice] they've killed TSW, the bastards :) ), but that doesn't mean I won't play AO and AoC...
    Those were are made by the "old" and good Funcom, and this current Funcom ignores the games since years. In this sense it's "safe" to have some fun with them.
    Why miss out something fun from the past, due to stupid actors in the present?

It goes the other way around too, with a more cautious approach of course. Why miss out current fun due to stupid acts in the past? Just keep your guards up, don't invest in too heavily, and go with a case by case decision.

Take Ncsoft for example:
    after they've closed Auto Assault, Tabula Rasa, CoH... would be easy to simply put them on the blacklist and stay away for good. But then I'd have missed Wildstar, which was really good fun.
    Sure, they've closed that one as well, typical dumb Ncsoft... still, it was good for a few years.
    AlBQuirkySovrathUngood
  • mmorpgggnewsmmorpgggnews Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I prefer a sub based model but there are decent f2p games as well. It really depends on the game.
    AlBQuirky
    Get the latest MMO news at MMOCult.com