Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO Adds 3 Million As Gamigo's RIFT Deepends - MMORPG's Quick 5 | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2021 in Videos Discussion

imageESO Adds 3 Million As Gamigo's RIFT Deepends - MMORPG's Quick 5 | MMORPG.com

If you've got 5...or so...minutes, we've got 5...or so...stories of MMO and RPG news for you.

Read the full story here

Comments

• foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    ESO has a lifetime account subscription option? The article said something about that but I don't remember ESO having such an option when I played frequently. Thanks in advance if anyone knows or can verify.
    Fedaygin
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166

foppotee said:

ESO has a lifetime account subscription option? The article said something about that but I don't remember ESO having such an option when I played frequently. Thanks in advance if anyone knows or can verify.

ESO does not have a lifetime subscription option.

It does have a b2p option, but that does not function like a lifetime subscription as it requires the ongoing purchase of newly added content you wish access to.
    ScotfoppoteeFedaygin
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    What was missing from the Bethesda joins Xbox roundtable? The guy in the suit from Microsoft who is going to tell them what to produce and what platforms it will go on. It is amusing that we never see anyone in a suit in "developer" videos, yet it is the suits calling the shots.

foppotee said:

Lifetime users is not the same thing as lifetime subs.
    foppotee
  • ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818
    ESO has become such trash since they introduced Tamriel Unlimited. The game has become the go-to place for lazy casuals and folks in their 40s and 50s that don't have the means or the time to play a remotely challenging MMO so they just like to pretend like they're "playing an MMO" and all they do is collect useless cosmetics, mounts, pets, houses, complete story quests and kill mobs that prove absolutely no danger to them at all.

I'm not saying everyone should play some perma-death MMO with open PvP where you can lose all your items upon death, but at least the standard should be something like Vanilla WoW where your character had its limits, like how much mobs it can pull and handle without dying, a specific role in a group, gear restrictions based on class, having to visit a hub in order to train new abilities and pay for it, work your ass off to get a mount, that kind of stuff...

The way ESO is currently, there are no classes, because they are completely homogenized - everyone can be anything - looking at people, you can't even tell who is what class, they can learn almost the same skills based on weapons, wear all kind of armor and all of this has no merit over anything, at this point, 90% of ESO is cosmetic. The only so-called "challenge" is running Trials, even Veteran Dungeons are a piece of cake if you have more than one barely functioning brain cell.
    FedayginGinaz
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

ESO has become such trash since they introduced Tamriel Unlimited. The game has become the go-to place for lazy casuals and folks in their 40s and 50s that don't have the means or the time to play a remotely challenging MMO so they just like to pretend like they're "playing an MMO" and all they do is collect useless cosmetics, mounts, pets, houses, complete story quests and kill mobs that prove absolutely no danger to them at all.

I'm not saying everyone should play some perma-death MMO with open PvP where you can lose all your items upon death, but at least the standard should be something like Vanilla WoW where your character had its limits, like how much mobs it can pull and handle without dying, a specific role in a group, gear restrictions based on class, having to visit a hub in order to train new abilities and pay for it, work your ass off to get a mount, that kind of stuff...

The way ESO is currently, there are no classes, because they are completely homogenized - everyone can be anything - looking at people, you can't even tell who is what class, they can learn almost the same skills based on weapons, wear all kind of armor and all of this has no merit over anything, at this point, 90% of ESO is cosmetic. The only so-called "challenge" is running Trials, even Veteran Dungeons are a piece of cake if you have more than one barely functioning brain cell.

I think you might want to read this article because it seems to be talking about you to a T.

https://massivelyop.com/2021/03/11/vague-patch-notes-the-sneering-elitism-of-the-mmo-term-welfare-epics/
    Iselin[Deleted User]

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Scot said:
    It is amusing that we never see anyone in a suit in "developer" videos, yet it is the suits calling the shots.

It's sad because a lot of really nice suits are crafted by actual tailors/seamstresses. We need a new derogatory term for "financial decision maker" that doesn't lessen the work of actual tradespeople.