Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer: Odyssey is an Authentic Mobile MMORPG - Is That Enough in 2021? | MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    It's not enough to please most of us kind of gamers, but it's enough to please the smart phone wielding masses and make money, and that's all these people want anymore.
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    All i play is

WoW, PC ONLY, monthly sub no pay/win/cosmetic cash grab shop.
    and
    SWG:L, PC ONLY, free but i donate monthly, zero cash shop.

Mobile, mobile, mobile, i'm thankful for for these games. Especially wow right, man did they hold true to their players where the rest of the industry went for every players jug(wallet)jular.

I seriously don't get a mobile gamer, but then again the "majority" are probably not your typical gamer, just people whom need to pass time, and not serious about it, just a mild addiction to a game like candy crush, which i heard rips in 200k an hour!

So yeah ofc peeps are going to make mobile, and forget making actual games, what happens when they over saturate that market to death with the same games only different skins? That will be interesting.
    Scot
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    xpsync said:
    All i play is

and

Mobile, mobile, mobile, i'm thankful for for these games. Especially wow right, man did they hold true to their players where the rest of the industry went for every players jug(wallet)jular.

I seriously don't get a mobile gamer, but then again the "majority" are probably not your typical gamer, just people whom need to pass time, and not serious about it, just a mild addiction to a game like candy crush, which i heard rips in 200k an hour!

So yeah ofc peeps are going to make mobile, and forget making actual games, what happens when they over saturate that market to death with the same games only different skins? That will be interesting.
    It's already well oversaturated. That's kind of why this game is different. It's more like an MMO than even some PC MMO's I've played recently. 

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,122
    edited February 2021
    Gorwe said:
    Does it feel like a Warhammer game?

What do Warhammer games feel like? Such is entirely subjective. It is a game in that setting. Players will make their own appraisal of how Warhammery the game feels to them.

It is a bit lighter in terms of presentation and tone than other games from the setting I've played but retains imagery and some of the feel of what I would describe to be Gothic European in nature, if that is of any help to you in assessing how well it suits.
    xpsync said:
    That probably best describes a typical gamer, a person that plays a bit here and there as time permits. I expect there are far more of that type of gamer than those that can commit a great deal of time to the hobby.
    xpsync said:
    All i play is

and

It's already well oversaturated. That's kind of why this game is different. It's more like an MMO than even some PC MMO's I've played recently. 

We'll see how long that lasts. Currently the game often hangs when I try to load in new areas. If that is a common problem and persists for too long it may turn off a sizable portion of the players giving the game a chance.

Still, there seem to be more people around each time I return, so maybe it is generating a fair amount of interest regardless, or the issue isn't widespread.
    edited February 2021
    xpsync said:
    All i play is

and

We'll see how long that lasts. Currently the game often hangs when I try to load in new areas. If that is a common problem and persists for too long it may turn off a sizable portion of the players giving the game a chance.

Still, there seem to be more people around each time I return, so maybe it is generating a fair amount of interest regardless, or the issue isn't widespread.
    That loading issue is common, I encountered it a couple times. the easiest thing to do, if you wait more than a minute, just close the game and reopen it, and it will log you into that new area. 

I've been in groups of like 7 people just questing.. I've probably grouped in this game far more than most other MMORPG's of recent memory. 

The reason is because you are kind of forced to group in some areas or you can't progress reliably.  One guy in our group got angry because he left our area and tried to solo some of the enemies we were killing and got destroyed. After the 3rd time or so of straying off by himself, he said he's "done" for now because it's too hard to progress.

I think there's going to be a little bit of MMORPG shock if new players logging in aren't expecting an actual group dynamic. You can't solo everything. It's just not possible. 

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

No it's not ................. It's Shit
    remsleep said:
    Scorchien said:

No it's not ................. It's Shit

Yep.

"Authentic" - who writes these headlines?
    Whether or not it's good or "shit" is one thing. It being an actual mmorpg is another. It's probably the best mmorpg I've played on mobile so... 

xpsync said:
    All i play is

and

That loading issue is common, I encountered it a couple times. the easiest thing to do, if you wait more than a minute, just close the game and reopen it, and it will log you into that new area.

The easiest thing for me to do is nothing, which in this case would not be playing the game until they got their game in order, if then. It's not only the disconnects but less than ideal performance all around.

Instead I'll do something not quite as easy, and keep trying it out for awhile to see if it gets better. The game just came out, so it's a bit early to dismiss it so easily.

Even those that don't find this particular game interesting shouldn't be quick to dismiss it, as it is closest to a MMORPG on mobile I've seen. It may at least bode well for future offerings they may be of greater general interest in the future.
    maskedweasel
  • torvktorvk Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    I just installed the game some days ago to try it. Now I am addicted... so good wow vibes, i really hope they bring in dungeons and more complexity, this game has a huge potential.
    maskedweasel