The latest update from Solasta: Crown of the Magister brings the Dungeon Maker showcase. The Dungeon Maker is a map editor available to everyone who plays the game allowing us to create our own dungeon adventures to share with friends and others.
Even though it will be available at release, the Dungeon Maker is in a beta state and will be for quite some time afterwards. Tactical Adventures said they want to start simple and get the basic system out and work on it slowly as they take in feedback and iterate through versions. The team talks about the system a little more in the linked article.
Dungeon Maker Feature Set:
What are the current features of the Dungeon Maker?
- Freely create dungeon layouts using a selection of preset rooms
- Link multiple maps together to create larger dungeons
- One environment available for now, the Necropolis, with its set of environmental props to decorate your dungeon
- Almost all monsters and items from Solasta: Crown of the Magister main campaign to create your encounters and loot
- A selection of traps (just a few for now) to punish greedy adventurers
- Easy to share online, it's a simple .json file in a folder. We plan to add Steam Workshop later on so it becomes even easier to share.
This is pretty exciting to me because player made dungeons and adventures were one of my favorite features in Neverwinter Online before Cryptic removed it. Back in the day DOOM WADS were a blast to create and share. So, more modding and player creativity could add a lot to the base/official experience. It's D&D after all.
traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration