Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daybreak's Cold Iron Studios Reveals Aliens: Fireteam, Co-Op Shooter In Alien's Universe | MMORPG.co

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2021 in Videos Discussion

imageDaybreak's Cold Iron Studios Reveals Aliens: Fireteam, Co-Op Shooter In Alien's Universe | MMORPG.com

Daybreak's Cold Iron Studios revealed their upcoming co-op shooter, Aliens: Fireteam. The game, being made in collaboration with 20th Century Games, is set in the Aliens universe.

Read the full story here

Comments

• enesisxlr8enesisxlr8 Member UncommonPosts: 174
    edited March 2021
    Now that I am excited for! knew it was coming but good to see its still happening! Come get some!
    Post edited by enesisxlr8 on
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Excited for this! Hoping they make more games from the Alien IP. Would love to see a well polished AvPvM game.
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432
    It looks like Gears of Aliens.

And it probably won't be much better than Colonial Marines, unfortunately.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2021
    I must say i am tottaly shocked,i guess jaded buy what Trion was trying to sell us when they were struggling to stay afloat.
    It is just a video but looks okish,sort of a Doom/Quake/ /Aliens feel.
    Even more shocking is they entered a license deal with the Owners of the Alien franchise.Adding added cost there seems liek a very sketchy business move,perhaps this is based on how well the game does.

I obviously don't know nearly enough but with the little i see,it's looks playable.One worryu is no mention of cost,that tells me they are awaiting feedback to see how high they can go on the price.If they get stupid with their price aka SOT/Microsoft nonsense then i won't be buying it.

A simple shooter,maybe 40 bucks,if there is some actual depth/longevity then sure i'd go up to 60.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    If it's more than free it's too much.

Because the microtransactions will be up the wazoo.
    JeroKane[Deleted User]
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Sounds good until you remember that Daybreak is involved.
    JeroKane[Deleted User]
  • FoolOfATook39FoolOfATook39 Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Looks really cool. The type of aliens game I could get into. “Game over, man!”
    foppotee
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Dunno... think I am going to start GTFO shortly.  Not sure this will hold up to that.  We will see.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    From this teaser trailer it looks like it could have teeth & be enjoyable but not sure about longevity, hopefully it's got some staying power. DayBreak still operating EQ & EQ2, didn't DayBreak get bought by some company is 2020 or 2021? Being a fan of the Aliens IP I'll keep my fingers crossed for this one.
    enesisxlr8
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Ah, thats why the video looked so very crappy. That explains it

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    Could be interesting. I'll at least try it before I condemn it. I'm old fashioned like that.
    Scotfoppotee
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Could be interesting. I'll at least try it before I condemn it. I'm old fashioned like that.
    As the Dali Lama said when in his fifties, "I am too old to know everything." :)
    foppoteeKnightFalz
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    So they have the licence for this franchise...interesting.
    foppotee

• MrSoulPantsMrSoulPants Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Hopefully it's not all violence, you can live in peace with the aliens, get a job, even make love and start a family with one.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Obviously if you know me at all,a cash shop is auto no a chance in hell.So if it is released reasonably price wise and i see a bit more,then maybe i'll support it.
    I do tend to need change,soem unique game play and why my last surprise game was Dishonored.

If i see narrow linear lanes and nothing more than pew pew,it will not interest me.I am merely surprised because i was expecting far worse.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 321
    edited March 2021
    There's some very talented people in that studio. I'm hoping Matt Highison and his team hit a home run and do the Aliens IP proud.

Gdemami[Deleted User]
  • goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394
    This is cool, not for the game itself (for me, anyway, as I won't play it), but because it tells me the studio is currently developing new projects.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    What I'm seeing is Deep Rock Galactic with an Alien skin. IMO the world needs more of those types of games as long as they go that same BTP + DLC monetization route.

@DMKano - What's wrong with Trion devs now?!? I thought Trion devs were ze best of ze best?
    Gdemami