Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWG Legends Celebrates Its Anniversary With Double XP Weekend | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageSWG Legends Celebrates Its Anniversary With Double XP Weekend | MMORPG.com

The fan-run Star Wars Galaxies server, SWG Legends, is hosting it's fifth birthday celebration, giving players double XP over this weekend as a thank you for sticking with the rogue server.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    This worth investing any time into?
  • alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    edited February 2021
    Well, it's been running for years, I doubt it's going to close anytime soon. It's just a matter of enjoying it or not.

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

Albatroes said:

This worth investing any time into?

If you ever played live or missed playing it when it was running here's your chance. It's a fully operating NGE version with all the original expansions and the space portion. Plus they've added items and content to.

It has a small but steady pop that's helpful and it's totally free.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Biggest catch.....You WILL NEED a copy of Star Wars Galaxies to play this.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • zombiekrysiszombiekrysis Member UncommonPosts: 1
    edited February 2021

Viper482 said:

Pretty sure you don't. Just download the iso from the direct link on the SWG reddit sidebar.
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Garick said:

NGE version of this game was crap.

I certainly was just after that change. But years later, late NGE blew anything preNGE out of the water. (except maybe the loss of skills)
    xpsync
  • GreenSage39GreenSage39 Member UncommonPosts: 144
    *raises pixelated lightsaber in honor*
  • boostrapturnerboostrapturner Newbie CommonPosts: 1

There is a satellite circling the home planet. At times when you are toward the beginning of each circle you may see a white light in the sky moving exceptionally quick (Do not mistake for the orbital gun). https://qnnit.com/ You should simply to run into it.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    edited February 2021

Viper482 said:

Pretty sure you don't. Just download the iso from the direct link on the SWG reddit sidebar.

Well their instructions suck then because I copy/pasted that straight from their page. "You WILL NEED a copy of Star Wars Galaxies. You DO NOT need to have any of the expansions, and not having the expansions will not affect your game-play at all. The game can be purchased from Amazon and Ebay for a range of different prices. You can use anything that contains Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided. Had you previously purchased the game through Steam, please continue reading on how to re-download it if you uninstalled it. If not, then you can skip the Steam section below."
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

Garick said:

It was especially coming right behind the original game, with out a doubt it was a huge letdown and disappointment.

BUT

If you look at it as an entirely different game, it's not so bad, plus it was easier for newer players to get into it; free speeder, a quest line and an easier character selection set up.

While I would rather have kept the old skill tree's, the NGE version is quite playable and can be fun.
    Apridise

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• vanitycorpsevanitycorpse Member UncommonPosts: 22

Viper482 said:

Viper482 said:

Well their instructions suck then because I copy/pasted that straight from their page.

"You WILL NEED a copy of Star Wars Galaxies. You DO NOT need to have any of the expansions, and not having the expansions will not affect your game-play at all. The game can be purchased from Amazon and Ebay for a range of different prices. You can use anything that contains Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided. Had you previously purchased the game through Steam, please continue reading on how to re-download it if you uninstalled it. If not, then you can skip the Steam section below."

thats just cause the reason sony dont interferes and lets these servers run is that only those with the game could play it, so they need to say that on their page, but its just legal nonsense hehe
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

Garick said:

I certainly was just after that change. But years later, late NGE blew anything preNGE out of the water. (except maybe the loss of skills)

This. So much this. I was furious at the CU/NGE updates and quit like most of the ragers, but going onto legends the past few years the final version of NGE was a truly great game and I simply cannot play pre-cu (basilisk etc) anymore. Also JTL.

If you loved early SWG and haven't played since, give it a try because its still the best place to live out your star wars fantasy life. Also JTL.

Spaceships.
    Kalafaxxpsync
  • HazenXIIIHazenXIII Member UncommonPosts: 161

Garick said:

As a player from 2004 and a lover of Pre-CU (who played through the NGE and now plays on Legends regularly), the NGE version of SWG still obliterates any current MMO on the market hands down. Just my opinion though.
    Kalafaxxpsync
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    edited March 2021

HazenXIII said:

Garick said:

As a player from 2004 and a lover of Pre-CU (who played through the NGE and now plays on Legends regularly), the NGE version of SWG still obliterates any current MMO on the market hands down. Just my opinion though.

Agreed! Been playing 3 years now on legends, very welcoming to noob's as well.

The legends part of the title has nothing to do with the game the legends are the players, they are legendary.

One of those rare games with an outstanding upstanding community. I started there 3 years ago and my only regret, it wasn't 5 years ago, it's home to lost mmorpg souls.
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • CuddleheartCuddleheart Member UncommonPosts: 391
    I only played a little NGE. I was bummed about the more limited classes and, to be fair, I didn't give the aiming system much of a chance. I never got far enough to see the crafting or building. Is that still good?
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    So we do or do not have to have a hard copy of the game to play?
  • CuddleheartCuddleheart Member UncommonPosts: 391
    So we do or do not have to have a hard copy of the game to play?
    If you have 'misplaced' your original disks, the .iso files are available on the side bar of the Star Wars Galaxies Reddit.  This is the direct link from there.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BT161NiiWKZtHNk8NpWq-fOS_ogDS9Fa
  • krishsanthohkrishsanthoh Newbie CommonPosts: 1

On the product front, Galaxy M51 will no doubt run One UI 2.1 dependent on Android 10. In view of its Geekbench posting, Galaxy M51 will be controlled by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 765G chipset. The cell phone's feature will without a doubt be its enormous 7,000mAh battery. It is likewise expected to accompany support for 25W quick charging. A 7,000mAh battery will be very insane however not so much amazing. Samsung's as of late propelled Galaxy M31s additionally packs a 6,000mAh battery.  

price in bangladesh