Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google's Stadia Missed Targets For Monthly Active Users By 'Hundreds Of Thousands' Per New Report |

2»

Comments

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    edited February 2021
    Quizzical said:
    kitarad said:
    My worst nightmare will be if Steam goes belly up. I have close to 400 games on it. Yikes even the very thought  :#
    You can demonstrate what that will be like with a simple experiment.  Unplug your Internet connection, then open Steam anyway.  It will say that it can only run in offline mode.  Single player games will still work just fine, though.

Right now, Steam wants you to log into their servers at least once every few days in order for offline mode to still work.  But if Valve were going bankrupt, they'd remove that check and let the games you've bought just work forever, at least if they're single-player games.
    you install from steam servers though.

What's lame is they don't let you give away your account in  will.  At least as far as I'm aware
  • karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    If you could 'rent' games it would have been a success, likely a large one. But that good ol' greed kicked in and everyone avoided it like the cash grab it is. Surprising stuff this isnt.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    karmath said:
    If you could 'rent' games it would have been a success, likely a large one. But that good ol' greed kicked in and everyone avoided it like the cash grab it is. Surprising stuff this isnt.
    In a way, it is renting games.  It's just that it's renting at new game purchase prices.