Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained Releases Their Latest Newsletter - 'Back on Track with a 90 Day Plan' | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageCamelot Unchained Releases Their Latest Newsletter - 'Back on Track with a 90 Day Plan' | MMORPG.com

In the latest newsletter from City State Games, the team is happy to report that they are back on track with their Camelot Unchained 90-Day plan. The plan was also delved into during the last livestream by Mark Jacobs.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    90 day plan...

OK. I believe it THIS time!
    [Deleted User]Viper482LeFantomeAgent_Josephgastovski1velimiriuselfdragon21xpsyncSailorMomTacticalZombeh

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited February 2021
    remsleep said:
    90 day plan...

Media sites should stop covering this - as long as news are giving them a voice- the scam will continue.

Well... Its not like he's having monthly sales or anything.  The vast majority of the funding is from himself and investors with a much smaller slice coming from Crowdfunding.   Now that doesn't excuse him at all, but if it's a scam he's overwhelmingly scamming himself vs us...

I just think it's gross incompetence. 

YashaXKyleranAlomar[Deleted User]TacticalZombehGdemami

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 479
    edited February 2021
    I like this screenshot (yet I don't know why the plant actually got the healthbar): 

Docks and surrounding areas are looking good imo

RandomCasualtyvelimiriusILLISETSailorMom
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Every one of these 90 day plans mention "concept art".....
    KyleranAgent_JosephYashaXvelimiriusxpsyncSailorMom
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!

I like this screenshot (yet I don't know why the plant actually got the healthbar): 

I can find at least 10 vaporware hits that had nice screenshots.
    [Deleted User]YashaX[Deleted User]velimiriusxpsyncILLISETSailorMomGdemami
    Rhoklaw said:
    I find it hilarious that the guy who helped create Dark Age of Camelot has gone on to create WHO, an unfinished AAA MMO and whatever Camelot Unchained is. Of course he had enough funds and time on his hands to make that other game The Final Stand: Ragnarok. Which if I'm not mistaken, he actually cried over due to the piss poor reaction from the community. To which he apologized for because of the flood of refund requests being sent in. Well, guess what, just a couple months ago, they released a news letter and created a website for that very same game and this is one of the Dev Streams showcasing it's progress... Good grief Charlie Brown!

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/569891542
    If I recall correctly, he didn't apologize for the game, he apologized for the way he handled the announcement, thinking that offering a free game to all his backers would make them happy.

Also CSE got funding for both CU and FS:R last year, and they hired new developers specifically for CU, and a few for FS:R. The amount of resources needed to create FS:R was pretty small since all the work had already been done on the engine over the years.

As long as they did not use CU's crowdfunding money to develop FS:R and it doesn't slow the development of CU, I think they've got the rights to create whatever game they want with a separate team of programmers/artists.
    Viper482KyleranSailorMomGdemami
  • Archlord2006Archlord2006 Member UncommonPosts: 22
    yawn.... oh 90 days intervals? GTFO. this crap was to release a 4th of July of like 3 years ago lol
    ILLISETSailorMom
    edited March 2021
    remsleep said:
    90 day plan...

Media sites should stop covering this - as long as news are giving them a voice- the scam will continue.

Scams usually don't have 24x3 testing going almost every week-end, open to all the backers that donated at least $25 on KS or $35 on CU store. Neither do they consist of the head of the studio pouring millions of his own dollars in a project he believes in. And don't rhyme with a company that got two studios with +40 developers.

They also usually aren't transparent as letting all their backers know exactly what they're working on, exactly which features and systems, art, bug fixes, etc. are being worked on, with lengthy 8,000 words updates, hours long stream with Q&A open to everyone, available on social media platforms, Discord, MassivelyOP, reddit, etc.

edit: changed quote (vaporware -> scam)
    Viper482KyleranYashaXgastovski1joshisanonymousSailorMomGdemami

Viper482 said:

I can find at least 10 vaporware hits that had nice screenshots.

Vaporware usually don't have 24x3 testing going almost every week-end, open to all the backers that donated at least $25 on KS or $35 on CU store.

Neither do they consist of the head of the studio pouring millions of his own dollars in a project he believes in.

And usually don't rhyme with a company that got two studios with +40 developers.

Vaporware also usually aren't transparent as letting all their backers know exactly what they're working on, exactly which features and systems, art, bug fixes, etc. are being worked on, with lengthy 8,000 words updates, hours long stream with Q&A open to everyone, available on social media platforms, Discord, MassivelyOP, reddit, etc.

"Betas" don't normally consist of periodic weekend testing periods here and there and loaded with updates concerning concept art.

Vaporware is something that never releases.....this will never release. I am a $110 backer, not some hater who has no clue. You save this post, write it down....this game will never release.
    YashaXelfdragon21SailorMomGdemami
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    90 day plan...

I don't see why you're so skeptical.  I find it very plausible that they could do what they're promising within 90 days.  The plan is pretty modest.  It's not like they're promising a launch within 90 days.
    francis_baudYashaXjoshisanonymousGdemami
    Viper482 said:

"Betas" don't normally consist of periodic weekend testing periods here and there and loaded with updates concerning concept art.

Vaporware is something that never releases.....this will never release. I am a $110 backer, not some hater who has no clue. You save this post, write it down....this game will never release.

Yea they could open the tests more often, but I think they don't need (for testing purposes) to have more lengthy sessions than the current 24x3, as they already get the feedback from the IT backers.

If they secure further investments, I don't see why they wouldn't finish the game. I mean at some point, as they continue development, the game will inevitably be launch-ready. I see no point in cancelling CU if they've got the money to keep the development going. 

joshisanonymous
  • MarknMarkn Member UncommonPosts: 307
    anyone defending this game obviously has not actually played the beta or whatever they're calling it.
    RandomCasualtyLeFantomeAgent_Josephgastovski1Viper482velimiriusSailorMomGdemami
    Quizzical said:
    90 day plan...

I don't see why you're so skeptical.  I find it very plausible that they could do what they're promising within 90 days.  The plan is pretty modest.  It's not like they're promising a launch within 90 days.
    You may be unaware that this is not his first 90 day plan :)

LeFantomevelimiriusGdemami

Viper482 said:
    Every one of these 90 day plans mention "concept art".....
    Perhaps his fatal mistake was not selling that concept art...
    strawhat0981LeFantomeViper482velimirius

• RandomCasualtyRandomCasualty Member UncommonPosts: 327

Markn said:

anyone defending this game obviously has not actually played the beta or whatever they're calling it.

"Played" I don't think is the right word. Maybe "Logged In"
    YashaXViper482velimirius
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    90 Days ... ya dont say...

Loser emoticon stock vector Illustration of forehead - 27501907

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Could be a 900 day plan and it still wouldn't be close to launch.
    LeFantomeKyleranAgent_JosephYashaXvelimiriusSailorMomGdemami
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692

remsleep said:

90 day plan...

Exactly, MMORPG.com should not encourage that kind of behavior .
    AlomarGdemami

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Concept Art Online is still going strong I see.
    YashaX

Joined - July 2004

edited March 2021
    LeFantome said:

remsleep said:

90 day plan...

What kind of behavior are you referring to? The behaviors I witness are 1) Being extremely transparent with their backers, 2) Putting millions of his own money to fund the project, 3) Using all the crowdfunding money to develop CU, 4) Paying their developers a fair wage, 5) Continually hiring new developers, 6) Opening a second studio to speed up the hiring process, 7) Having a no-question-asked refund policy that allows backers, even those who participated to the tests for years, to get a full refund.

(As for the refunds, I'm aware that they do not honor their 90-days policy, but there were unpredictable events that occurred in 2020 (Covid-19, lockdowns, massive wave of refunds) that led to the overwhelming delays and Mark decided to go to the office to process the refunds only on the week-ends to avoid bumping into someone in the building who has Covid-19) 
    AlomarViper482LeFantomejoshisanonymousGdemami
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    LeFantome said:

remsleep said:

90 day plan...

What kind of behavior are you referring to? The behaviors I witness are 1) Being extremely transparent with their backers, 2) Putting millions of his own money to fund the project, 3) Using all the crowdfunding money to develop CU, 4) Paying their developers a fair wage, 5) Continually hiring new developers, 6) Opening a second studio to speed up the hiring process, 7) Having a no-question-asked refund policy that allows backers, even those who participated to the tests for years, to get a full refund.

(As for the refunds, I'm aware that they do not honor their 90-days policy, but there were unpredictable events that occurred in 2020 (Covid-19, lockdowns, massive wave of refunds) that led to the overwhelming delays and Mark decided to go to the office to process the refunds only on the week-ends to avoid bumping into someone in the building who has Covid-19) 
    Waiting for those meddling Scooby kids to pull off francis_baud's mask and reveal he's really Mark Jacobs.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]Viper482LeFantomeSailorMomKumapon
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Kyleran[Deleted User]YashaXScot[Deleted User]elfdragon21xpsync
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    LeFantome said:

remsleep said:

90 day plan...

Waiting for those meddling Scooby kids to pull off francis_baud's mask and reveal he's really Mark Jacobs.
    I think he's Bior37, the CU reddit mod actually.

KumaponGdemami

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    LeFantome said:

remsleep said:

90 day plan...

1) when's the target release date.
    2) so he claims, did you see the cancelled checks?
    3) screenshot or it didn't happen
    4) you work there or something, else how would you know?
    5) to replace the ones who leave, net employees doesn't appear to have increase since early last year.
    6) because it took him a year or two to realize no one wanted to relocate to Virgina, bad location choice for main studio.
    7) plz, let's not even go near the refund policy which definitely had lots of questions asked in order to obtain one even before COVID-19.  As for the massive wave of refunds...self inflicted wounds.

[Deleted User]YashaXxpsyncGdemami

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• numaticnumatic Member UncommonPosts: 670
    edited March 2021
    Kyleran said:
    LeFantome said:

remsleep said:

90 day plan...

I think he's Bior37, the CU reddit mod actually.

Either that or one of the other rectal parasites like Gevatter or Strykr. It's like watching Stockholm Syndrome in action.