Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release Date

ILLISETILLISET Member UncommonPosts: 119
I'm assuming it's never at this point.  The footage released on YouTube looks worse than PvP MMOs that came out in 2013.  What in the world are these deva even doing?
NanfoodleGdemami

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Endlessly developing, it's just what they do.

Oh, and hour(s) long streams of information you don't really care much about....those too.
    Nanfoodlekitarad[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 479
    edited February 2021
    Have you seen this video from 2018 (I know it's old but that's the most recent one):

I think it's encouraging and if I'm correct they're still improving the visuals. Like the trees, they're recreating them so they make it look more like a modern MMO.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Have you seen this video from 2018 (I know it's old but that's the most recent one):

I think it's encouraging and if I'm correct they're still improving the visuals. Like the trees, they're recreating them so they make it look more like a modern MMO.
    Best question on this. Is why is this the most recent showing of gameplay? Ashes of Creation shows off in game video every month. Pantheon does the same thing. What are they hiding? 
    [Deleted User]Gdemami
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    edited February 2021
    Nanfoodle said:

Best question on this. Is why is this the most recent showing of gameplay? Ashes of Creation shows off in game video every month. Pantheon does the same thing. What are they hiding? 
    But in fairness, they have their servers open to backers to what seems like every week at this point. So people who have given money can see exactly how the game plays.

They don't really owe any non-backers anything at this point.

I'll add, this was their e-mail for last weekend:

Folks,

It's that time again. Hawking is online this weekend with zones including The Deep, Dark Verdant Forest. Be sure to check it out!

When:
    Friday, February 12th, 2021 - Monday, February 15th, 2021

Duration:
    Continuous until Monday morning

Where:
    Hawking (Build #114)

Who:
    IT, Alpha, Beta 1, Beta 2, Beta 3 (All Backers)

francis_baud[Deleted User]Kyleran
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Sovrath said:
    Nanfoodle said:

But in fairness, they have their servers open to backers to what seems like every week at this point. So people who have given money can see exactly how the game plays.

Folks,

It's that time again. Hawking is online this weekend with zones including The Deep, Dark Verdant Forest. Be sure to check it out!

When:

Duration:

Where:
    Hawking (Build #114)

Who:

Are the players under NDA? Are the players permitted to share anything?
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    So many of this crowd funding games have turned into that house in the money pit.

NanfoodleScot

edited February 2021
    Nanfoodle said:

Because from what I've understood they are not trying to show any material that hypes the game and increases the number of backers at this point. They still have their refund policy so the "tourists" who purchase the game, look at it and then ask for a refund is a real problem. At this point it seems they're just trying to keep their current backers and get additional money from investments.

On the forums (NDA), they sometimes show us some videos (the Cherry Keep sieges, the 1,000+ ARCs spell, etc.).
    Nanfoodle[Deleted User]
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Nanfoodle said:
    Sovrath said:
    Nanfoodle said:

Folks,

When:

Duration:

Where:
    Hawking (Build #114)

Who:

Under NDA unfortunately (yes, I am too).

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Nanfoodle[Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

Nanfoodle said:
    Sovrath said:
    Nanfoodle said:

Folks,

When:

Duration:

Where:
    Hawking (Build #114)

Who:

They probably are under NDA. It's still in development.

I haven't logged in simply because getting it set up originally seemed like a pain in the ass. I had to download a file and then it didn't work and then I found out i had to download more from a torrent and I thought screw it, I'll just wait.
    Kyleran

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

kitarad said:
    So many of this crowd funding games have turned into that house in the money pit.

I remember seeing that scene when I saw this in the theaters. I couldn't stop cracking up!
    kitaradNanfoodle

Sovrath said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Sovrath said:
    Nanfoodle said:

Folks,

When:

Duration:

Where:
    Hawking (Build #114)

Who:

I haven't logged in simply because getting it set up originally seemed like a pain in the ass. I had to download a file and then it didn't work and then I found out i had to download more from a torrent and I thought screw it, I'll just wait.
    I miss DAoC so much. I just wish they would open the doors just a little to let us know whats going on. 
    edited February 2021
    I forgot that they released a video in January showcasing the verdant forest:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/893063631
    Nanfoodle
    I forgot that they released a video in January showcasing the verdant forest:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/893063631
    Too bad the quality was so bad on that video. I did like the art style. I would love to see a 4k video.
    edited February 2021
    Yea the quality was bad, MJ said it wasn't laggy on his end (he had 60 fps), that it was because of Twitch compression.
  • ILLISETILLISET Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Nanfoodle said:
    Sovrath said:
    Nanfoodle said:

Folks,

When:

Duration:

Where:
    Hawking (Build #114)

Who:

We are under NDA
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited February 2021
    Nanfoodle said:

Because from what I've understood they are not trying to show any material that hypes the game and increases the number of backers at this point. They still have their refund policy so the "tourists" who purchase the game, look at it and then ask for a refund is a real problem. At this point it seems they're just trying to keep their current backers and get additional money from investments.

On the forums (NDA), they sometimes show us some videos (the Cherry Keep sieges, the 1,000+ ARCs spell, etc.).
    Uff, understandable they wouldn't want any more folks requesting refunds, Mark's already now a year behind on honoring them after admittedly taking a break the past few weeks which he's supposed to resume working on now.

Presumably he'll continue to do a small handful every Sunday which is the only day he feels comfortable going into the office which is the only way he can access the PC which has the ability to give refunds.

Before anyone asks, no, said PC has no remote access, Mark isn't willing to move it to his home, nor will he give anyone else in the company access to do refunds on his behalf.

Last anyone could tell he was working on requests sent in the third week of February, 2020 before he took his short hiatus.

[Deleted User]francis_baud

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    lahnmir said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Sovrath said:
    Nanfoodle said:

Folks,

When:

Duration:

Where:
    Hawking (Build #114)

Who:

Under NDA unfortunately (yes, I am too).

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Yeah but a wolf in sheep's clothing like you could give us a hint or two, maybe using Bowie lyrics which have nothing to do with how the game is going. ;)
    [Deleted User]
  • joshisanonymousjoshisanonymous Member UncommonPosts: 23
    edited February 2021

Erm, below is actually the most recent publicly released video footage. What you're showing is a very, very old build that's not at all representative of the game's current form.

www.joshmcneill.com

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Nanfoodle said:
    Sovrath said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Sovrath said:
    Nanfoodle said:

Folks,

When:

Duration:

Where:
    Hawking (Build #114)

Who:

I miss DAoC so much. I just wish they would open the doors just a little to let us know whats going on. 
    That which is seen... cannot be unseen.
    Careful what you wish for.
    Kyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited March 2021

Erm, below is actually the most recent publicly released video footage. What you're showing is a very, very old build that's not at all representative of the game's current form.

It may not be representative of the game's current form, but it's more representative of CU's projected gameplay (RvR, hundreds of players, fight over a keep, etc.) than walking in a forest.

And I think it still looks great (yea the trees are kind of dated) 2-3 years later.