Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chronicles of Elyria Actually Posted a Roadmap Depicting Feature Updates Through 2022 | MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    Quizzical said:
    McSleaz said:
    People keep talking about Caspian and the law suit against him.............Isn't the lawsuit against Xsolla for not honoring their refund policy?
    There is a lawsuit against Xsolla.  But the state of Washington is also doing something or other about Caspian.  The latter is why he felt the need to pretend that they've resumed development.  If it were only Xsolla on the hook, he'd have let the game stay officially cancelled.
    Both Xsolla and SbS (Caspien's company) are named in the suit, as are a number of people I believe listed as John/Jane Does which are expected to be unmasked through the process.

[Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    @Gdemami Hey you didnt comment on this news. Are you excited?
    He's so excited he's going around LOL'ing at posts in other threads.  He's been excited for years!
    [Deleted User]kitaradScot
  • goldboyy45goldboyy45 Member UncommonPosts: 301
    You really can't make this up. You guys gave Caspian 8Mill cash, he hasn't made anything, the dude has a paid off house, kids, wife, as per Casp himself kids go to camp, life is good. Dude is a complete genius. Zero work and took all your money. Lets see where this lawsuit goes lol, probably no where. The loser here is the gullible supporter who gave Casp 1000$+ and expected a game here. Caspian is living fine with his money.
    Gdemami
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Pretty sure most of the "guys" here on these forums didn't give Jeremy a cent.

Ungood

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited February 2021
    Kyleran said:
    Pretty sure most of the "guys" here on these forums didn't give Jeremy a cent.

I didn't give him money but I think I gave him heartburn.
    Does that count?

KyleranScot

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ChampieChampie Member UncommonPosts: 169
    edited February 2021

xpsync said:

Has anyone asked Caspien why we would believe THIS Roadmap when every prior Roadmap and timeline he has given was worth less than used toilet paper?

Did he at least release this with a wink and a nod or something? Or does he expect people to actually believe him?

Actually his paper roadmap is worth just a little bit more than used toilet paper, because it's not been used yet, after it has been used, then yeah it is less lol :)

It's only worth less as "used" if it was used by a commoner like you or me. Now if we could just get some Richard Garriot used toilet paper, then we could fund a one way ticket to Mars for Chris Roberts or something.
    Forgive the necro but bumping this to highlight:
    "In addition to the above change, it was stressed by PR that Kingdom of Elyria: Settlements is planned for release in 2021, and that it will be free to all CoE backers . "

This was after he shut down his company and re-opened it.

Caspian I assume was the "PR" and reached out to MMORPG to stress this timeline. Too funny. Guy is a clown.

• lotrlorelotrlore Managing EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 558
    "In addition to the above change, it was stressed by PR that Kingdom of Elyria: Settlements is planned for release in 2021, and that it will be free to all CoE backers . "

Caspian I assume was the "PR" and reached out to MMORPG to stress this timeline. Too funny. Guy is a clown.
    I can at least confirm that there was a real PR firm that repped this back then. So we interfaced with them.
    Slapshot1188
    lotrlore said:

I can at least confirm that there was a real PR firm that repped this back then. So we interfaced with them.
    That’s very interesting. Why would a company that let go all their employees and claimed to have no money hire a PR guy?

• WargfootWargfoot Member RarePosts: 764
    I tried to buy a pledge pack; apparently you cannot do that anymore.
    Wargfoot said:
    Yeah well he said he wouldn't re open them again until he got to a certain stage of development.  When he posted this ridiculous timeline it was Feb 21 and he planned to release the first stage (Settlements) in 2021.  Its now mid 2023.  Like I said.  His development is that of a clown.

Kyleran

Wargfoot said:
    Yeah well he said he wouldn't re open them again until he got to a certain stage of development.  When he posted this ridiculous timeline it was Feb 21 and he planned to release the first stage (Settlements) in 2021.  Its now mid 2023.  Like I said.  His development is that of a clown.

As soon as it is opened again I may buy a pack just to see if your head explodes. :)
    Kyleran
    Slapshot, it's called next level forum PvP.  :)
    Kyleran
    edited July 2023
    Wargfoot said:
    Wargfoot said:

As soon as it is opened again I may buy a pack just to see if your head explodes. :)
    Nah.  I know who I'm targeting for my "The Harbinger" Kickstarter though.
    WargfootKyleran

Wargfoot said:
    Wargfoot said:

LOL, I remember when he referred to us as the Harbingers over on MMORPG who were destroying COE.

Were you the Harbinger of Doom, or was I?

:)

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Wargfoot said:
    Wargfoot said:

LOL, I remember when he referred to us as the Harbingers over on MMORPG who were destroying COE.

He never singled anyone out but went into great detail about how his acolytes needed to push back on the naysayers. 
    Kyleran

Kyleran said:
    Wargfoot said:
    Wargfoot said:

He never singled anyone out but went into great detail about how his acolytes needed to push back on the naysayers. 
    I think I still have my hooded robe somewhere.  

Wargfoot

I tried.
    Kyleran
    edited July 2023
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:
    Wargfoot said:
    Wargfoot said:

I think I still have my hooded robe somewhere.  

yeah that always makes me sad to think about the Detherus guy who had purchased a King level account.  had setup his Discord and had his Dukes and Counts and all that.  They used to have monthly video chats where they talked about stuff.   He was on here with that MysticHaze person whi dissapeared too.   Saddly though.  Detherus passed away a short while ago.  Never getting to see the game he dreamed about, but long enough to see it revealed as a total farce.

He seemed like a decent guy.  Delusional.  But decent.   

Not fair.

PS that is when I took this avatar.  Man feels like a long time ago.