Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Nagasaki Weaponized Dinghy is Up for Grabs in GTA Online | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Nagasaki Weaponized Dinghy is Up for Grabs in GTA Online | MMORPG.com

This week in GTA Online, you can grab yourself a Nagasaki Weaponized Dinghy from Warstock.

Read the full story here

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited February 2021
    How is this GTA BS not labeled as sponsored/AD?

I have never in all my life seen a website willing to run FREE advertising for other businesses.
    This is all they do is run a steady everyday advert here,should we spread the word that mmorpg.com offers free advertising?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited February 2021
    I digress, somewhat.

It's part of the "task" of the site (just as MOP) to cover announcements, news pieces, etc. so it's kinda their job to watch the updates, patch notes, dev letters, etc. for the games and make entries about them.
    Nothing's wrong with that, on the contrary. I believe it was the main reason I started to read mmorpg.com back then, for its "one place for all the news" feature.

A better and more valid remark would be: why GTAO (and RDO)?
    Aside my obvious bias towards it (the ruiner of all the hopes for GTA VI, the bane of the industry, etc. etc. :) ), the question still stands simply because it ain't an MMORPG...

Ok, I know they're long over that entry limitation, but really... even BF or CoD is more fitting to the site than GTAO with it's 30 players limit. Actually, almost any randomly picked online game would fit better.
    ed. (ofc the answer is money...)
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    "Cash Shop News" is something we never used to have, I do wonder at the justification for these articles. Even if posters think they are worthy of discussion do we really want our gaming conversations to be all about money spent, discounts and loot boxes; I am sure the 'finance department' of gaming studios would be happy with that, but are we?
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    It depends on the offer, I believe.
    CO had a nice discount on the lifetime subscription last weekend, those kinda offers could get the rightful coverage of the site probably.
    Smaller, regular weekly offers, nope.

Ofc Cryptic has a lower budget (especially for CO, their smallest game) than Rockstar, which you can see on the news feed...
    Every week, like on schedule, there's the current RDO and GTAO weekly discount covers.

For the objectivity's sake it should be mentioned, the staff can't really do it differently with GTAO/RDO, since in those games it's all about the shop.
    (that's why the whole industry looks at Rockstar with envy, drooling...)
    If there's anything added to the game (like this weaponised dinghy on the screenshot), it's added to the shop.
    Scotkitarad