Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chronicles of Elyria Actually Posted a Roadmap Depicting Feature Updates Through 2022 | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageChronicles of Elyria Actually Posted a Roadmap Depicting Feature Updates Through 2022 | MMORPG.com

In the latest Chronicles of Elyria blog from Soulbound Studio's CEO Jeromy Walsh, a lengthy explanation of the direction of the game was accompanied by a roadmap. 

Read the full story here

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    edited February 2021
    Crazy how people shape up suddenly right when they are on the verge of being sued. We shall see if this amounts to anything more than words on paper. If anything it's a good thing for the backers I guess.
    GdemamiZenJelly
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    We can't actually build anything, but look at how many things we can promise that we'll build!
    maskedweaselSlapshot1188KyleranTacticalZombehvelimiriusUngoodMcSleazZenJellyRidrith
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    This guy is too much.

"Looks Judge i gots we a rwoard map by golly i do."

What a shmuck.

I guess he considers this is a get out of jail free card. lmao
    maskedweaselTokkenGdemamiScotTacticalZombehvelimiriusMcSleazZenJelly
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Has anyone asked Caspien why we would believe THIS Roadmap when every prior Roadmap and timeline he has given was worth less than used toilet paper?

Did he at least release this with a wink and a nod or something? Or does he expect people to actually believe him?
    maskedweaselKyleranLackingMMOGdemamivelimiriusMcSleazZenJellyxpsync

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Has anyone asked Caspien why we would believe THIS Roadmap when every prior Roadmap and timeline he has given was worth less than used toilet paper?

Did he at least release this with a wink and a nod or something? Or does he expect people to actually believe him?

Actually his paper roadmap is worth just a little bit more than used toilet paper, because it's not been used yet, after it has been used, then yeah it is less lol :)
    KyleranScotvelimirius
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L

xpsync said:

Actually his paper roadmap is worth just a little bit more than used toilet paper, because it's not been used yet, after it has been used, then yeah it is less lol :)

Note I said "prior" roadmaps... all those used and rolled up into balls of wet tears.
    xpsyncGdemami

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Wow, the milestones on this list. Building construction doesn't happen until #3. It's like he's starting over... right now... from scratch.

I don't even see combat listed. What kind of game is this?!
    GdemamiZenJelly
    --------------------------------------------
    Wow, the milestones on this list. Building construction doesn't happen until #3. It's like he's starting over... right now... from scratch.

I don't even see combat listed. What kind of game is this?!
    Not sure how closely you have been following along... but IMHO the main reason CoE failed was that his planning skills were horrible and they had to start over or abandon prior work multiple times.  What's one more time when you are getting funded through COVID relief?  

GdemamiZenJelly

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited February 2021
    Why does this smell of a new venture that appears to be separated for the purpose of attaining a new loan?

Why would there ever be any mention of a standalone NEW idea before the first idea was pitched?This also smells of mark Jacobs BS .

People should NEVER give a single dollar to promises unless they show the books,i mean if you are promising fair play you should have nothing to hide.

Ungood

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Fuuuuuuuck that guy.  Fuck him to court and back.
    GdemamivelimiriusMcSleazZenJelly
    xpsync said:

I don't think his paper roadmap includes literal paper.
    What I want to know is how they could be so incompetent as to spend several years and millions of dollars and not even have some half-baked alpha that they could shove out the door and call a launch.  Even if it's a buggy mess and a lot of features are completely missing, don't they at least have something?
    [Deleted User]GdemamiMcSleazZenJelly
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Quizzical said:
    What I want to know is how they could be so incompetent as to spend several years and millions of dollars and not even have some half-baked alpha that they could shove out the door and call a launch.  Even if it's a buggy mess and a lot of features are completely missing, don't they at least have something?
    We saw it:  the parkour demo.
    McSleaz
    Quizzical said:
    You answered your second question... if they had something they would have just tossed it out.  All these years and what they produced was not even utter crap.  I mean, that takes SOME kind of special talent doesn't it?

I think my favorite part is this:
    "ties it more closely to Chronicles of Elyria with the release of four, backer-specific servers, set against the landscapes of the original four CoE servers: Angelica, Luna, Selene, and Oceanus. On these four servers, players with a CoE title will be able to login and assume control of their chosen settlements and domains as they play through a simulated history of their server."

The level of utter self-delusion required to think that he is still going to produce 4 unique servers and that the people would actually come and populate them is just amazing.  It's like he doesn't realize these people (his title holders) are suing him...
    Kyleran[Deleted User]GdemamiTacticalZombehMcSleazZenJelly

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Quizzical said:
    You answered your second question... if they had something they would have just tossed it out.  All these years and what they produced was not even utter crap.  I mean, that takes SOME kind of special talent doesn't it?

I think my favorite part is this:
    "ties it more closely to Chronicles of Elyria with the release of four, backer-specific servers, set against the landscapes of the original four CoE servers: Angelica, Luna, Selene, and Oceanus. On these four servers, players with a CoE title will be able to login and assume control of their chosen settlements and domains as they play through a simulated history of their server."

The level of utter self-delusion required to think that he is still going to produce 4 unique servers and that the people would actually come and populate them is just amazing.  It's like he doesn't realize these people (his title holders) are suing him...
    Almost a textbook case of megalomania I think.

;)
    GdemamiZenJelly

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Caspian's ideas always did strike me as being godawful and anti-fun. I applaud him for sparing the world the travesty that would have resulted.
    McSleaz
    Quizzical said:
    I think that the judge in the lawsuit should demand to see what he has.  Show the latest stable build or something.  If it's a buggy mess with a lot of features missing, but does at least look like a plausible but failed attempt to make a game, then dismiss the lawsuit if he'll give it to backers in some form.

If he spent the money as promised on developing a game and merely didn't get as far as he expected, that shouldn't ruin his life.  Only if he siphoned off some of the money to other purposes besides developing the game is there a real case.

And if Caspian can't show the latest build because there isn't one, then you're looking at a criminal fraud case.  Find out where the money did go, claw back as much as possible in order to give backers a partial refund, and send the perpetrator to prison.
    KyleranGdemamiZenJelly
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    wasn't there an issue with a build not working and they couldn't show anything or something? so much happened with this mess its hard to remembers everything for sure. If he had to present something and there is nothing to present because it got lost.. what does that say for him?
    GdemamiZenJelly
  • Avadon2Avadon2 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    I hope all the haters abandon their titles. First, I thank you for helping fund this amazing dream. And second, with you gone my alt character will be able to raise in rank much easier and for less cost. For everyone else, let's keep the dream side and see it through to successful completion!
    KyleranTacticalZombehSlapshot1188bobbymcswansonZenJellyRidrithIsilithTehrothG3Nexis
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,974

Avadon2 said:

I hope all the haters abandon their titles. First, I thank you for helping fund this amazing dream. And second, with you gone my alt character will be able to raise in rank much easier and for less cost. For everyone else, let's keep the dream side and see it through to successful completion!

Welcome back to the forums! Hope to hear more from you. :)
    Kyleran
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,974
    edited February 2021
    You know I almost feel sorry for the guy, this is like writing something on a fig leaf with the hope that it distracts the legal process from the fact you are naked.
    GdemamiZenJelly
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me 100 times, damnit I'm a moron.
    ScotTacticalZombeh[Deleted User]bobbymcswanson
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Quizzical said:
    This parts gets me the most, what where they doing with the time and resources they had?

I mean, maybe I am too old school, but if I was given several million to make a game, I would at least try to make something, and it seems that they don't have anything for all the money they collected or time they spent.. so what were they doing?
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• McSleazMcSleaz Member RarePosts: 280
    People keep talking about Caspian and the law suit against him.............Isn't the lawsuit against Xsolla for not honoring their refund policy?
    McSleaz said:
    People keep talking about Caspian and the law suit against him.............Isn't the lawsuit against Xsolla for not honoring their refund policy?
    There is a lawsuit against Xsolla.  But the state of Washington is also doing something or other about Caspian.  The latter is why he felt the need to pretend that they've resumed development.  If it were only Xsolla on the hook, he'd have let the game stay officially cancelled.
    [Deleted User]ScotGdemami