Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Debunking 5 Myths about Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

13»

Comments

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    edited February 2021
    remsleep said:
    So anyone have in text what just the summary of 5 debunked myths?

Sometimes you just have to do it yourself

5. There aren't any plans for PvP
    4. The project is fully funded
    3. Investors have creative control
    2. Pantheon is designed to require grouping
    1. Pantheon is just EverQuest reskinned

There you go - I am high-fiving myself , because I really wanted to know and was hoping someone else would post the 5 myths
    I'm sorry, but are you listing the myths or are listing the facts ?
    Seem to be a mix..or interpretations.
    Listing the facts now:
    5. There are plans for pvp, but not for launch or any foreseeable future.
    4. Define fully funded
    3. Who knows ?
    2. Pantheon requires grouping (to get the full game experience, and probably just to experience more than 20% of the game). 
    1. Well yes and no. Most of it resembles a certain era of EQ, especially the (2) forced/required grouping part. There is not much innovation, almost everything is copied from EQ and Vanguard - Take that as a positiveor a negative as you like.
    It is not the EqNext next gen that saves the genre. Best descrption is a mix of old era EQ, plus a bit of vanguard, and flavored with table-top (DDO perhaps?).
    [Deleted User]
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    kjempff said:
    remsleep said:

There you go - I am high-fiving myself , because I really wanted to know and was hoping someone else would post the 5 myths
    Listing the facts now:
    4. Define fully funded
    3. Who knows ?
    2. Pantheon requires grouping (to get the full game experience, and probably just to experience more than 20% of the game). 
    1. Well yes and no. Most of it resembles a certain era of EQ, especially the (2) forced/required grouping part. There is not much innovation, almost everything is copied from EQ and Vanguard - Take that as a positiveor a negative as you like.
    It is not the EqNext next gen that saves the genre. Best descrption is a mix of old era EQ, plus a bit of vanguard, and flavored with table-top (DDO perhaps?).
    Thanks for proving my point, Im out. 
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Nanfoodle said:
    Lol we go from criticizing a YouTuber who makes well thought out videos with detailed proof of what he states. To attacking a kind forum user who posted a video he enjoyed so we can watch it if we wanted too. How much we think of our selves lol
    I like Bazgrim's YouTube channel.... He is a true fan.  But between hard news, he tries to keep the flame going.

I have a gut feeling he even knows, things are looking bleak.  

He's not the only one commentating their bleak information as they are streaming very old footage and talking about stuff we all know. However many are not as informed as many here..... the novice types.  

Anyway, there are a shit load of people doing the same thing.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    kjempff said:
    remsleep said:

Listing the facts now:
    4. Define fully funded
    3. Who knows ?
    he's listing the myths as outlined in the video.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    edited February 2021
    So the youtuber spends a great amount of time providing hard facts and evidence to debunk these myths?

Is he an insider, access to financials?  
    Mendel
  • BazgrimTVBazgrimTV Member UncommonPosts: 39
    edited March 2021
    Hey all, in the future, if I do something like this again, I will list the titles of the myths in the description with the time stamps as well as in the video itself. It wouldn’t surprise me if the people who don’t even care enough to quickly scrub through a video are also usually the people who need to be informed the most. Because a well-informed community is more important to me than a few cents of ad revenue, here’s the word-for-word transcript that I used for the subtitles of this video: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BdjEA9X4rmRFb_qH-7P6qL-_kZMhqJsvzlXduxLu0T8/edit
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Err ... if said YouTuber wanted to make money he would not bother trying to do it with YouTube clips about Pantheon.

The times when people turned millionaire thanks to YouTube are long over. You literally need MILLIONS of clicks on a single video for a meager return on YouTube.

Good luck getting millions of clicks with a clip about Pantheon.

I mean if it releases and turns into a massive success - maybe.