Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Albion Online Sees Over 2000 Bans in One Day Over Third Party Currency Transactions | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageAlbion Online Sees Over 2000 Bans in One Day Over Third Party Currency Transactions | MMORPG.com

Over 2000 accounts were banned from Albion Online yesterday for third party currency transactions.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GreenSage39GreenSage39 Member UncommonPosts: 144
    I'm not sure exactly how I feel on this. Mostly I'm of the mind to "legalize everything and let nature sort out the worthy." A sort of twist on the old Gaelic thoughts. Now that being said, it's a well known fact that most if not all "shops" that sell the virtual currencies are foreigners and usually in countries like Pakistan or Singapore that won't acknowledge any sort of trade/commerce laws to apprehend the people.

So at the end of the day we have a foolish person willing to drop down some benjamins (or whatever) to make his pixels on screen be more pixely.

-shrugs-
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited February 2021
    I still honestly don't see the problem with (RMT) in most games (Except) in cases like Albion, EVE, or other games where people illegally commit fraud for example purchasing a bunch of plex with a stolen card, then sell it through a 3rd party website after selling that plex for isk then it's a problem.

However With Albion Online playing the game since early Alpha all the way until beta, where receiving trades / investments in what is called a Sandbox MMORPG then getting a life ban supposedly because someone was involved with illegal practice, and being guilty before innocent with no chance of a hearing or appeal makes me (never) willing to trust a MMORPG released in that specific territory again, and just hopefully Fractured will be much better.

Also for a sandbox title the developers still made many mistakes during launch, and threaten bans on people who took advantages of a (free economy) / laborer journal changes even though it was their own fault as developers (called it out on steam) and got a steam discussion ban / censorship.

It's also very interesting how certain guilds in this game like Iron Bank, and Bank OF Albion, and players for that matter were allowed to violate the same rule I did 4.5.1 of accepting currency / investments without anything of equal value in return, and allowing certain key guilds to control the economy / heck half guilds / certain people owned every crafting plot in major citys.

Also on another note since they are just ban anyone for breaking 4.5.1 still without giving specific steps you could technically use (Social Engineering) make friends with a specific person in (X) guild, or person and trade them (X) amount of gold pretending to be their friend, then cause your transaction to get flagged intentionally and an innocent person gets banned, or even in-game items worth high value to look less suspecious since obviously the company is guilty before innocent, and I've read a few circumstances of banned players where this may have happened already.
  • GreenSage39GreenSage39 Member UncommonPosts: 144
    edited February 2021
    ^ Too many people with nothing look for every chance to gain from all things virtually. Everyone knows this and is aware of this. RMT for cosmetics should be the limit imho. I don't think there should be any benefits to easier/nicer/help type things. Everyone should always be on equal footing in a "survivor" type way/thought. Just my thoughts.