Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NVIDIA RTX 3060 Review: A Little Bit of Everything | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageNVIDIA RTX 3060 Review: A Little Bit of Everything | MMORPG.com

In this article, we are going to be looking at a GPU that has a little bit of everything and offers yet another promising upgrade path from the venerable GTX 1060. This is our review of the GeForce RTX 3060 from EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 XC Black.

Read the full story here

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    remsleep said:
    More like a little bit of nothing - none available for sale just like any other GPU
    If you'd prefer a new AMD card that will also be sold out so that you can't buy it, that's coming March 3.
    dragonlee66
    Why do you have some charts where the left edge is 0, and other charts where the left edge is slightly greater than 0 but not actually 0? That makes the latter graphically misleading.
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    For $70 more I’d just splurge for the Ti. Assuming they were available at non scalper prices. Which they’re not, or at all for that matter.
    [Deleted User]dragonlee66
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
    edited February 2021
    If the cards were available at MSRP ($330), then this is basically an RTX 2070 with more memory for less money and a little less power.  I don't see how that's a bad thing.

The problem is that miners will make sure that the cards aren't available at MSRP.  Blame the people paying stupid prices for Ethereum.  Don't blame Nvidia.
    dragonlee66
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Just go to a store and buy them in person.
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829
    Just got an email that my new system with an AMD 6800 XT has shipped!

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

Torval said:
    Quizzical said:
    If the cards were available at MSRP ($330), then this is basically an RTX 2070 with more memory for less money and a little less power.  I don't see how that's a bad thing.

The problem is that miners will make sure that the cards aren't available at MSRP.  Blame the people paying stupid prices for Ethereum.  Don't blame Nvidia.

If all Nvidia 30xx series were available at MSRP then I would choose the Ti or 70 series for value. But since none are that is really a moot point.\

edit: FYI The two that were available through BestBuy are $390 (EVGA) and $500 (MSI).

If I sound unreasonably angry and irritated it is because I am and feel entitled to be so. And I have a feeling I am not alone.
    I'm not saying that you shouldn't be angry.  I am saying that you should be angry at the culprits, not merely others who happen to be nearby.  The underlying problem is people paying stupid prices to buy Ethereum.  If that stopped, the miners would abruptly stop buying hardware entirely, and likely sell off what they've already purchased.  It might take some time for the situation to sort out, but it would.

So long as cryptocurrencies are worth more than Nvidia, AMD, and Intel added together, there's really not that much that they can do to bring hardware to market at an affordable price without miners grabbing it all.  They're all bringing as much hardware to market as fast as they can, but the mining demand is nearly infinite.

Someday people will figure out that Ethereum isn't actually worth anything, and it will only really be a souvenir, kind of like Enron stock.  Hopefully the people causing this mining craze will lose as much of the money that they sunk into it as possible.  But the people buying Ethereum are the culprits, not overwhelmed hardware vendors.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164

Just go to a store and buy them in person.

If only it was that easy. Availability will probably be as this product reaches EOL.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter