Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 2 Resurrected Announced, PC Tech Alpha Sign Ups Live | MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    kitarad said:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/lpa5b5/orb_huggers_d2_d2r_comparison/

rDiablo - Orb Huggers D2  D2R Comparison

Lovely ain't it cannot wait for this. I am practically already in huge hype mode. I am more excited about this than about D4. Since they are also doing the cosmetic currency thing I think I will skip it altogether.
    graphics, and the fact that POE and other competent ARPGs exists, are the reason why I haven't played much D2 in a decade.

I'm curious how I will feel about the original combat when it releases.  It's almost certainly a day one buy for me but I'm not sure how well it's truly aged for me. 
    [Deleted User]Gorwe
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Wow, old Diablo 2's graphics are much uglier than I remembered.  I didn't remember it being THAT pixelated.  Yipe.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Wow, old Diablo 2's graphics are much uglier than I remembered.  I didn't remember it being THAT pixelated.  Yipe.

It's crazy because this graphics update is how I remember it looking.
    Sovrath[Deleted User]GdemamiTiamat64
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    There are some further images of characters over here on PC Gamer: https://www.pcgamer.com/diablo-2-resurrected-release-date-alpha-changes/ . As well as other useful things. Here are my impressions:

Amazon: n / a. From what I saw in the character select, looks too manly and entirely not like Cassia / D2 Amazon.

Assassin: lol, try again. She was NOT an Asian(iirc, she even comes from Westmarch or so), other parts look fine.

Barbarian: n / a. Otherwise looks rather unimposing next to its D2 version.

Druid: Looks much better than on the character select. It's just...this is not the D2 Druid, but rather a Druid. The difference an article makes, huh.

Paladin: No. Just no. He was simply tanned, most likely inspired by Italy, Spain etc. He wasn't a "Moses Kipchong", not at all. Looks completely wrong.

Necro: Just fine, it's one of the best translated characters imo.

Sorceress: Yeah, that's Isendra, pretty much. A very truthful recreation, I'd just add a hint of Red to the Hair, so it looks a bit more Brown. But it's not needed.

Overall: They need to polish those heads and faces. Some kinda work(Druid, Barb), some don't work at all(Sin, Pala, Zon), yet some are very nice and truthful to those characters(Sorc, Necro). There is a lot of work to be done here. Also, a Transmog system of sorts would be nice.

(also, what's up with recommended specs, they look awfully high)
    FrodoFragins
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    I've already pre-ordered it. I played Path of Diablo up until about a month ago, bad graphics and all... the entire time wishing they made D2 with D3 graphics. Now they are and I will play it.

I've already pre-ordered it. I played Path of Diablo up until about a month ago, bad graphics and all... the entire time wishing they made D2 with D3 graphics. Now they are and I will play it.

Will you have Path, Median and the others? Sure hope so, but we'll be regressing back to vanilla LoD, which might very well be too big of a shock / hurdle for some(most?). At least for few months at the very least.
    Gorwe said:

Will you have Path, Median and the others? Sure hope so, but we'll be regressing back to vanilla LoD, which might very well be too big of a shock / hurdle for some(most?). At least for few months at the very least.

Path of Diablo is Diablo 2 with a few non-gameplay quality of life upgrades. From what I understand, Diablo 2 Remastered is exactly the same as Diablo 2 in every way, only with Path of Diablo style quality of life upgrades, which keeps the game true to its original feel.

cheyane
    Gorwe said:

Path of Diablo is Diablo 2 with a few non-gameplay quality of life upgrades. From what I understand, Diablo 2 Remastered is exactly the same as Diablo 2 in every way, only with Path of Diablo style quality of life upgrades, which keeps the game true to its original feel.

What about Median and others? What I am trying to say is that people shouldn't get carried away, D2 gameplay is archaic and make no mistake.
  • FairUnfairFairUnfair Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    graphics are literally undesirable. by the way, have you tried this game.
  • kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829
    remsleep said:
    As excited as I am for this, blizzard made a huge mistake. The 10 minute D4 gameplay video looks like complete trash compared to the D2:R gameplay. D4 had no ambient lightning, no spell lighting or shadows, a level 40 item with +450 stat points?!? 3 Monsters at a time...

Every single Diablo streamer says the same thing, D2:R completely overshadows D4. Unless drastic changes are made it will be a disaster. And don't say 'd4 is still being developed' this is the 4th iteration, (3 years development with multiple user feedback), whereas the D2:R was done in a single year. (and is also 'in technical alpha')

Well lets see how D4 actually turns out.

Blizzards biggest problem is that many key people that made D1 and D2 are long gone - the culture at Blizzard today to what it was at Blizzard North is night and day difference.

And games being a creative process - unless you have that magic sort of culture and environment that devs thrive to create some cool games like Blizzard did with D1 and D2 - it's just really hard to match that today.

I don't think Blizzard is capable of capturing the magic they've once had - they are a completely different company, different culture, different teams - so I think D4 is going to be another generic ho-hum type of game that is a result of a large corporate-environment studio, probably polished and smooth but lacking soul and depth, lacking all the cool atmosphere that D1 and D2 had in actual gameplay.

D2 - is literally a game from a different Blizzard era, different studio that still had vision and passion, not the cold corporate shell they are today
    Literally, you keep the same type of gameplay, updated graphics, new storyline, skills, and items.  

Someone mentioned how in D2 an item comparison tool doesn't work because of the complexities, yet when talking about D4, they are going to have one.  Why?  Because they don't want complexities.  The talk about how cool it will be to have 8 player co-op with mercenaries, but aren't going to include it in D4?  What gives.

They want to focus on you getting to level 60 (assumed max) and then gear up.  They want it to not be about the journey and the endgame.

The biggest reason I play D2 is because the way the game is laid out makes it good to run tournaments with restrictions in.  D3 it is not possible because their aren't "base items, or really a purpose to complete a character to Guardian/Mat/Pat, because it doesn't exist.
    Gorwe said:
    Gorwe said:

What about Median and others? What I am trying to say is that people shouldn't get carried away, D2 gameplay is archaic and make no mistake.

D2 gameplay is still good. Quite a few people still play it on the original Bnet servers not to mention private setups like Path of Diablo. The biggest problem with Diablo 2 is the insanely dated graphics... which is no longer going to be an issue.
    Gorwe
    Gorwe said:
    Gorwe said:

D2 gameplay is still good. Quite a few people still play it on the original Bnet servers not to mention private setups like Path of Diablo. The biggest problem with Diablo 2 is the insanely dated graphics... which is no longer going to be an issue.
    It just won't be the same to me. Pantas Rhei if you ask me. Even without that, I never fully liked how D2 played. After Median, Torchlight, PoE, Dark Souls, Nioh etc? It just...pantas rhei, what can I say?