Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Conan Exiles Update 2.3 Will Bring NPC Camps to Isle of Siptah | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageConan Exiles Update 2.3 Will Bring NPC Camps to Isle of Siptah | MMORPG.com

NPC camps and more are coming to Conan Exiles as part of Update 2.3.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Still no mmog possibilities...right. Only small personal server ??? Yes/ No ?
  • HarukoHaruko Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Sadly it still a small person server :(, this game could be so awesome if there were lots of people playing at the same time.
  • TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    Still no mmog possibilities...right. Only small personal server ??? Yes/ No ?
    Yes, official servers I think are still 50 players... unofficial 70+.
  • TwistedSister77TwistedSister77 Member EpicPosts: 1,144
    Haruko said:
    Sadly it still a small person server :(, this game could be so awesome if there were lots of people playing at the same time.
    I thought if NW could just rip off a bunch of the good mechanics and base building... it would be a hit. 

Honestly the original concept of NW (open pvp survival with 1000 players) sounded like it.
  • GreenSage39GreenSage39 Member UncommonPosts: 144
    ^ This kind of. I preordered after playing a beta for a bit. Still regretting the purchase. Maybe someday I'll get back to it. Even with the "50 players" max thingy there's never more than 5-10 on a single world and you'll likely never see another person unless they're in your group.
  • DarkHighDarkHigh Member UncommonPosts: 157
    So we run a conan exiles server that usually has 30 online with 60-70 on weekends. We pvp 24/7 but raiding is only on weekends. It's definitely got some life in it and I hope to see the upcoming updates bring even more. I'll admit, by itself Conan is lacking. We have to run regular events, built some custom pvp leaderboards, and really work at managing the community to keep toxic players out and the server populated.

Just a little bit of insight, the conan server runs mostly on a single core with only a few tasks hitting other cores. This severely limits max player count. Even on a XEON W1209P with 5.2Ghz boost clock 70 players brings down the server fps significantly.