Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Can't Stop Playing Valheim | MMORPG.com

1235»

Comments

• remsleepremsleep Member EpicPosts: 1,955
    Asheram said:
    Stizzled said:
    150 hours and climbing. I kind of hate myself for spending so much time in the game already, but my little mini version of Helm's Deep is nearing completion.

There's about 20 of us in our gaming circle. We all play WoW together. The 12 or so of them that aren't playing Valheim are super pissed at the rest of us. We've all been just raid logging, the rest of our game time is all in Valheim.
    Someone made a mod for this:

How did they get the "blocks" to float - Valheim does not allow floating blocks.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 4,693
    edited February 24
    remsleep said:
    Asheram said:
    remsleep said:
    Stizzled said:
    150 hours and climbing. I kind of hate myself for spending so much time in the game already, but my little mini version of Helm's Deep is nearing completion.

There's about 20 of us in our gaming circle. We all play WoW together. The 12 or so of them that aren't playing Valheim are super pissed at the rest of us. We've all been just raid logging, the rest of our game time is all in Valheim.

Sounds like when my guild was all heavily into Terraria - 1000 hours later... hehe
    Interesting how Valheim doesnt appeal to you, it takes alot of inspiration from Terraria.

The game 100% appeals to me - how did you get the idea that it doesn't.

I am also a huge Zelda Breath of the Wild fan - and survival game fan and Minecraft fan.

Valheim has all the appeal it can possibly have for me.

So drop the $20 already ;)

remsleep said:
    Asheram said:
    Stizzled said:

How did they get the "blocks" to float - Valheim does not allow floating blocks.
    Well its from that link for mods that Jean Luc Picard posted, so I am assuming they did some modding to make that possible.
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 20,853
    remsleep said:
    Asheram said:
    Stizzled said:

You're not going to like the answer. It's a mod. :D
    Asheramtzervo
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

Asheram said:
    remsleep said:
    Asheram said:
    remsleep said:
    Stizzled said:

Sounds like when my guild was all heavily into Terraria - 1000 hours later... hehe
    Interesting how Valheim doesnt appeal to you, it takes alot of inspiration from Terraria.

I am also a huge Zelda Breath of the Wild fan - and survival game fan and Minecraft fan.

I'd gladly pay full $50-$80 full price right now for the fully finished game

I dont do early access under any circumstances 

I am in no hurry - if this takes them a year or two to fully finish - it will be just that much better when I finally get to play it
    Scot
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 4,693
    edited February 24
    remsleep said:
    Asheram said:
    remsleep said:
    Asheram said:
    remsleep said:
    Stizzled said:

I am in no hurry - if this takes them a year or two to fully finish - it will be just that much better when I finally get to play it
    Oh come on, you said you didnt refund $60 for cyberpunk when you found out it was really early acces.

With the sheer amount of people happy spending the $20 you have nothing to lose.

I have 400+ hours in Valheim and 64 hours in CP2077. I fully expected Valheim to cost more than it did at EA release after my time in the beta.

edited February 24
    Asheram said:
    remsleep said:
    Asheram said:
    remsleep said:
    Asheram said:
    remsleep said:
    Stizzled said:

Oh come on, you said you didnt refund $60 for cyberpunk when you found out it was really early acces, with the sheer amount of people happy spending the $20 you have nothing to lose.

Yeah sadly like I said - early access is a total deal killer even for something as great as Valheim.

But the upside of waiting for final release is definitely there as the game will probably be a lot better in terms of polish, content, combat, building, crafting and probably even more features at launch than what it is right now. 

I am not in a hurry

Cyberpunk was purchased as a "finished/launched" version - it never had an early access tag - the fact that this was a lie is a completely different discussion that there is no need to go into now