Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Odyssey Soft Launches On Android, iOS Platforms | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageWarhammer Odyssey Soft Launches On Android, iOS Platforms | MMORPG.com

Warhammer's mobile MMO, Warhammer Odyssey, is now available globally for both Android and iOS users.

Read the full story here

Comments

• slowz2secretslowz2secret Member RarePosts: 407
    the combat is a big mess
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    the game is a big mess

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    NO!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• NaitakalNaitakal Member UncommonPosts: 74
    I enjoy it more than I probably should.

By the way, no auto run and auto combat in this game is a huge pro to me!
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    edited February 2021
    are the servers up for anyone? i'm showing all of them as offline. Are they online for anyone else? EDIT: ah nvm i see its under maintenance for 2 hours.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    "mobile MMO" - Urgh!
    Theocritus
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    It's a typical mobile game, although it doesn't have the auto feature that many gripe about. Didn't really feel like a warhammer game though to me. It had the classes and stuff but the feel wasn't right for me personally. Lasted about 10 mins on bluestacks before it crashed. I don't play games on my phone, sorry Blizzard, had to throw that in there, so it has to run on bluestacks or I don't play it.

The thing that drew me into the original MMO was all the little things that you found out in the zones. That was also one of the major drawbacks for me also. If you didn't finish your book in an area there was no way to go back an do it later. So if you hit that magical level number that made you go to the new area it was impossible to finish. Overall though they had hidden gems everywhere in the game.

I was probably one of the few that played the game for the pve not the pvp parts.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    IF we keep supporting these kind of games, we are just going to get more and more like this.
  • mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Better than I tought. I enjoy there is no automove and autogrind. Fight is ok, but needs to up your skills and stuffs or you will die even against just 1 mob. Have to find your class before saying combat is mess cos thats not.
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311
    I actually want to try it, but apparently my phone is too old.
    *looks at perfectly good 3yo Samsung*
    Nope. I'm good.
    BruceYee

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Naitakal said:
    I enjoy it more than I probably should.

By the way, no auto run and auto combat in this game is a huge pro to me!
    Ya Im a few hours in, its a real MMO with no auto play. The story is fair. Im gonna keep playing it. 
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

I actually want to try it, but apparently my phone is too old.

*looks at perfectly good 3yo Samsung*

Nope. I'm good.

Many mobile games if you want to play them seriously without lag or crashes really must be played on the most recent tablets with the best specs. A three year old phone in mobile game world is ancient and underpowered. For combat type mobile games sometimes even the newest and best tablets may lag from time to time.
  • JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Runs fine in Bluestacks so far, but it seems extremely primitive. I'll keep going for awhile longer.
  • JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Jyiiga said:

Runs fine in Bluestacks so far, but it seems extremely primitive. I'll keep going for awhile longer.

andddd over it. Some mobile games have a little depth, this ones shallow as the kids pool.