Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowfall Live Patch Tweaks Powers, On Track to Invite 12.2 Group Soon | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageCrowfall Live Patch Tweaks Powers, On Track to Invite 12.2 Group Soon | MMORPG.com

A new live patch for Crowfall has hit the servers and brings a few tweaks to powers. Additionally, the team has confirmed 12.2 invites will be going out soon.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    edited February 2021
    I hope they really flesh out the faction based rulesets. Right now the focus is on the FFA/GvG Dregs but I think that niche is not large enough to support the game. It was billed as having a 3 faction ruleset God's Reach. And a 6-12 faction ruleset (The Infected). Then a GvG Ruleset (The Shadows) and finally a FFA Dregs ruleset.

It seems as though God's Reach has now morphed into a level 0-15 newbie server with no PvP and the Infected is now the 3 Faction Server but really is designed not as a sustainable main campaign but rather as just an introduction to PvP to push people into the Dregs.. The Shadow and the Dregs seem to have merged.

I know the hardcore guilds that make up the majority of the current test-base are 100% focused on the Dregs. I also know that they had to cut some things to get Crowfall out the door. That said, I think if it's going to succeed they are going to need something other than the Dregs for people to play. I think they really need to flesh out an actual Faction based ruleset that people can play as their main game.

The Dregs are going to be ruled by the hardest of the hardcore PvP guilds. But that's a niche of a niche.
    [Deleted User]francis_baudM.D.33Raistlin3786

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 479
    edited February 2021
    When the population increases they will likely create new maps in The Infected world band, with a Faction vs. Faction rule set, but without the actual new player tutorial.

Also both the Dregs and The Shadows world bands were meant to be GvG, so it was redundant, but originally the FFA of the Dregs signified that players could attack their guildmates (friendly fire). Maybe they'll make FF works in certain Dregs campaigns eventually.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited February 2021
    You are asking for VERY little.
    I NEED a helluva lot more than what they are offering and just having more of a guild ruleset of ideas is NEVER going to be the game i want to play.
    My rpg needs the WORLD to be the number one focus of design,after you get that right,then we can break down individual design ideas.

This team is aiming for ONE predominant idea>>pvp,everything is focused towards pvp.Do you even know why you are pvp'ing?Oh because we can lol.We want to be the best at seasons end,again lol,all terrible ideas to focus on for a rpg game.

Imo this design might as well just be in a square box,an arena shooter and call it Deathmatch or TDM.
    IMO and i still believe it is that they could not profit or compete just making another shooter.However they are also not capable of making a true rpg/world,so their plan all along was how to PROFIT from whatever game they could handle making.

Even within this game's architecture,i NEED a persistent world,no fake seasons/reset crap.I NEED MANY factions,like perhaps a ruleset of 15-30 players per faction and once full you must join a new faction which of course leads to MANY factions if enough players join the game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

When the population increases they will likely create new maps in The Infected world band, with a Faction vs. Faction rule set, but without the actual new player tutorial.

Also both the Dregs and The Shadows world bands were meant to be GvG, and thus it was redundant, but originally the FFA of the Dregs signified that players could attack their guildmates (friendly fire). Maybe they'll make FF works in certain Dregs campaigns eventually.
    The point was that the Faction vs Faction Ruleset is not currently engaging.  Since they say they are close to release they better fix that. That is where a lot of people will go.  If their only real choice is the Dregs they won’t stick around long. 
    francis_baud

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 479

Also both the Dregs and The Shadows world bands were meant to be GvG, and thus it was redundant, but originally the FFA of the Dregs signified that players could attack their guildmates (friendly fire). Maybe they'll make FF works in certain Dregs campaigns eventually.
    The point was that the Faction vs Faction Ruleset is not currently engaging.  Since they say they are close to release they better fix that. That is where a lot of people will go.  If their only real choice is the Dregs they won’t stick around long. 
    Ok I get your point, do you have suggestions to make the FvF ruleset more engaging? (I've not tried the Infected map yet)

Ok I get your point, do you have suggestions to make the FvF ruleset more engaging? (I've not tried the Infected map yet)
    Honestly I havent played for a bit, but the main issue to me is that its currently designed as a stepping stone.  So you cannot get the best resources, the toughest mobs, etc in those servers.   I think it would also be great to have many faction specific "win" conditions.   
    francis_baud

OK I just patched and am looking at the character creation and Ruleset servers now.  MUCH has changed.

They clearly now have Faction vs Faction... so maybe this patch brings what I asked for.

We shall see!

BruceYeeLinif