Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bungie Reaffirms They Listen to the Community and Not Just Streamers | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageBungie Reaffirms They Listen to the Community and Not Just Streamers | MMORPG.com

Bungie's Community Manager responded to a Reddit post earlier today centered around Bungie Employees that play Destiny 2 Trials with famous streamers.  

Read the full story here

Comments

• LamiaCritterLamiaCritter Member UncommonPosts: 85
    If it's gotten so bad that you have to 'reaffirm that you're listening to everyone else', then you have a problem.
    [Deleted User]McSleazIselingastovski1
  • enesisxlr8enesisxlr8 Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Lots and lots of listening.... maybe action is more needed?
    McSleaz
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    edited February 2021
    Of course you are going to listen "just as much" to a non uniform anonymous crowd, as to your gaming buddies who also help sell your product ..obviously.. yepyepyep. Not a common problem with any gaming company who relies heavily on Streamers /cough GGG .. Not at all.
    maskedweasel
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    Bungie reaffirms that they listen to neither the community nor streamers.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    edited February 2021
    hahahaha...made my day.

They are called "influencers" for a reason, lets get real here. I am sure if they have a forum the community manager (if they have one) would send up anything they thought worth mentioning. But that's it.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    What else would a community manager say?
    Community managers are more salesmen than actual liaison between community and developer.

The CM should be a person who listens to the community,relays to the leads and then gets back with the answers.Vague answers are just BS so might as well just say,the leads are not giving me any real answers.
    Scotmaskedweasel

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Do streamers really sell products though?  I can't think of one thing I purchased.  The only game that hit it off for streamers really was Fortnite and that is frankly because their target audience wants to look cool.

Let us look at Middle to High School aged kids:  Fashion is key, name brand clothing, etc.

Fortnite did exactly that.  Skins were the fashion and you were either in or out.

Valheim sold 3m in 17 days, I'm going to wager that isn't because of streamers...and more along the lines of word of mouth and some reviews.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    kilun said:
    Do streamers really sell products though?  I can't think of one thing I purchased.  The only game that hit it off for streamers really was Fortnite and that is frankly because their target audience wants to look cool.

Let us look at Middle to High School aged kids:  Fashion is key, name brand clothing, etc.

Fortnite did exactly that.  Skins were the fashion and you were either in or out.

Valheim sold 3m in 17 days, I'm going to wager that isn't because of streamers...and more along the lines of word of mouth and some reviews.
    This is like saying that people don't just buy things because they have seen adverts, therefore adverts can't be influencing people that much. The real situation is that you don't need streamers to have a gaming success but it sure helps.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    edited February 2021
    Players:

Bungie: You know what Destiny 2 needs? Less content.

Players: That's a bad idea.

Bungie: I can't hear you over the sound of that being a great idea! 

Streamers: Destiny 2 is dead.

Bungie: But we listened! Okay, okay, we got this. How about sunsetting weapons and supers?

Players and Streamers: Please don't.

Bungie: LEEROY JENKIIIINS!
    Post edited by Aeander on
    maskedweaselMcSleaz
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    In the words of Patrick Roy..I can't hear what the public is saying because I have all this money plugging my ears.

Yeah we listen.....then we chuckle....then we move on...oh did somebody say something?

D2 the rehashed D1 game ,so it's like Ark>Atlas just a modded Destiny 1 game.

They made sure to spend loads on marketing,i know they had this side under it's wing with all the BS threads Bill made before the game was even seen he was raving about it.

I still remember the infamous thread he started "Destiny 2 the game WE NEED".Nobody has seen it yet being several months out but somehow it's the game we need ..lol,yep marketing money well spent.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.