Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo IV Receiving Rogue Class | MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    edited February 2021
    remsleep said:
    IceAge said:
    remsleep said:
    IceAge said:
    remsleep said:
    IceAge said:

remsleep said:

The dark and grim theme they were originally promising seems pretty much gone.

The gameplay seems a lot more colorful and more like D3 than previous ones they've shown.

They don't call glasses for no reason. You should try them and that "colorful and more like D3" will be ..gone, trust me.

9 years - one expansion.

It sucks - trust me.
    What? What this has to do with your views on D4 , seeing it as........D3 ?! 

A multi billion dollar company with a multi billion dollar franchise - makes a single expansion for Diablo 3 - and sits on it for 8 fucking years without another expansion.

Meanwhile GGG with PoE has done more updates and expansion in the last year with smaller team for a F2P game than Blizzard has done with D3 in the last 8 years.

it has to do with Blizzard totally sucking donkey ass as far as D3 and being outdone by smaller dev team in a F2P game - it's fucking embarrassing 

What does this say for D4 - nothing - except that Blizzard has a terrible record with D3 - will they also launch D4 and pretty much abandon it after a year with one expansion?
    Oh wow "dude"...

Just carry on! :) 

D3 was support until at least 2017. That's 5+ years. Compare it with D2 and yup, they did it longer. 

Now, PoE is another story. PoE is a great game, I know, but D3 was simply not going in the right direction because of how they released it ( AH extravaganza ) and so they decided it to .. stop support it after 5+ years and carry on with D4 which was a very good move.

But .. you just hate for the love of hating. Is fine! :) 

So what's the excuse for Blizzard not doing a 2nd expansion for D3 since 2013?

Is asking this "hate for the love of hating"?

really?

Pointing out that Blizzard has done absolutely minimal work on D3 since 2013 - this is a fact - they could have had at least 2 or 3 more expansions in the last 8 years and that is if they were taking it really easy and slow.

But a single expansion since launch - come on man - get real - 9 years, one expansion - that is not good
    I'm pretty sure Activision nixed the second expansion.  The exact reason why is up for debate, unless someone has inside info.  I'm sure the metrics went to crap as soon as the RMAH was removed. 

From what others have said, the decision to not make any more expansions was made before RoS released.  I always assumed it was made after based on the content that was supposed to be part of a second expansion.

As far as POE goes, I'm curious to see if their player numbers are impacted by D2 remasters release.  POE should be praying it releases about halfway through one of their leagues so the impact will be minimal.

I could see GGG delaying a release, like they did for CP2077, if it aligns directly with a league launch.

POE2 really needs to improve in a lot of ways imo.  Not just the engine but in storytelling with more voice acting and cutscenes to tell a real story.  My opinion is that POE is too bloated and catered to the 1%.  I enjoy it for what it is but my intertest is finally waning.
    remsleep said:

POE2 really needs to improve in a lot of ways imo.  Not just the engine but in storytelling with more voice acting and cutscenes to tell a real story.  My opinion is that POE is too bloated and catered to the 1%.  I enjoy it for what it is but my intertest is finally waning.

For me storytelling is not something I even pay any attention to in ARPGs - because I just skip all the cutscenes and never read any dialog - because in ARPGs the gameplay, gear character building is why I play - the story is not something that I have any interest in personally.

But sure for those that like story etc... voiceovers etc I can see how that would be desirable for some.

I just want them to make the best parts of PoE (character building and gearing up) even better - take the best parts of PoE and improve upon them.

PoE is a clunky game - if they could make it play smoother - that would be amazing

That's my 2c
    Since POE makes me do the story every time I think they should polish that up a lot
    Gorwe
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    So many AARPG options coming up. I didn't even know POE2 was coming, so there is that, D2 remake (remaster?), and D4 all "coming up". I realize they may have months or a year in-between but AARPG just have so much time grinding in them, they can be overlapped eventually.
  • GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    remsleep said:

For me storytelling is not something I even pay any attention to in ARPGs - because I just skip all the cutscenes and never read any dialog - because in ARPGs the gameplay, gear character building is why I play - the story is not something that I have any interest in personally.

But sure for those that like story etc... voiceovers etc I can see how that would be desirable for some.

I just want them to make the best parts of PoE (character building and gearing up) even better - take the best parts of PoE and improve upon them.

PoE is a clunky game - if they could make it play smoother - that would be amazing

That's my 2c
    Since POE makes me do the story every time I think they should polish that up a lot
    PoE 2 will still be online only, yes?
    Gorwe said:
    remsleep said:

That's my 2c
    Yeah I don't see them changing that
    TheAmir said:
    I'd rather see a Grim Dawn 2, frankly.
    they seem focused on their city builder game.  But I'm curious if GD2 is on the table now that GD1 seems to be done getting new content.
    Gorwe
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868

remsleep said:

Iselin said:

remsleep said:

The dark and grim theme they were originally promising seems pretty much gone.

The gameplay seems a lot more colorful and more like D3 than previous ones they've shown.

Right.. 'cause nothing says bright and sunny more than hanging human ears from hooks inside the church cupboard lol.

I did clearly say gameplay not cutscene didn't I?

Also human ears when severed don't look anything like those in the cutscene, they got that laughably wrong, they made it look much less gruesome and PG

I am not sure I want to know how you know this much about severed human ears.
    cheyaneIselin
    edited February 2021
    TheAmir said:
    I'd rather see a Grim Dawn 2, frankly.
    Yeah, me too. Diablo overstayed its welcome, especially after Diablo 3 and Immortal. Something I'd like to see is Remasters for Diablo 1(+Hellfire if possible) and the first two Warcrafts. Just not in the dumpster fire, authoritarian Refunded way.
    Gorwe said:
    remsleep said:

That's my 2c
    Yeah I don't see them changing that
    Ah, crap. I'm done with always online. If I want to go online, that should be my choice.
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    edited February 2021
    Unless something's changed since they last announced it (and I'm pretty sure I didn't miss any changes), POE2 is POE renamed to POE2 and a new alternate playable storyline before you reach the Atlas added (the original storyline may still be selected though).  The update to POE2 will include changing the gem system and new ascension classes (that you unlock by playing the POE 2 storyline, though once they're unlocked any character of the appropriate base class may select it).

There will be no returning to the old gem system of POE1 because POE2 is POE1.  It's basically the equivalent of "Conquerors of the Atlas" or "Betrayal League" etc, except this time the name of the expansion is "Path of Exile 2".

Ergo you can generally expect all the base stuff you'd expect from any POE expansion to be the case for the expansion named POE2.  That includes "online only"
    Gorwe
    Unless something's changed since they last announced it (and I'm pretty sure I didn't miss any changes), POE2 is POE renamed to POE2 and a new alternate playable storyline before you reach the Atlas added (the original storyline may still be selected though).  The update to POE2 will include changing the gem system and new ascension classes (that you unlock by playing the POE 2 storyline, though once they're unlocked any character of the appropriate base class may select it).

There will be no returning to the old gem system of POE1 because POE2 is POE1.  It's basically the equivalent of "Conquerors of the Atlas" or "Betrayal League" etc, except this time the name of the expansion is "Path of Exile 2".

Ergo you can generally expect all the base stuff you'd expect from any POE expansion to be the case for the expansion named POE2.  That includes "online only"
    That's too bad. While PoE plays and feels very nice and the lore is very interesting(idk about the story itself), I've had only bad experiences with online only(desyncs, lag, lack of customizability{no mods, trainers etc}, names taken etc) and, thus, I have to say "thank you, but no thank you". The grind is also quite exhausting in PoE(imo), too much RNG for my tastes(feels like more than Mordheim in certain ways lol).
  • GreenSage39GreenSage39 Member UncommonPosts: 144
    edited March 2021
    Nah, if you pull up Activision's history before the Blizzard acquisition their top management wasn't lowering their wages and the shareholders were just rich fat cats that decided to just buy out blizzard rather than expect Activision to do the work. (All of Activision's staff have been fully doxxed on the darkweb with full ample proof of their bad management and refusal to do work. Many documents and cloud data on the darkweb highlighting exactly what Activision staff did and what their shareholders requested.)

Activision is like the pinnacle of the "millenial get rich quick scheme." I think karma is getting them though. Lots of Activision staff have gotten cancer and diabetes...a very high percentage.

And before the acquisition, the Blizzard staff was becoming pure feminist/soyboy material so the Activision takeover was purely beneficial to both sides.