Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a game suggestion please. Here's what I'm looking for....

ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
1) ideally game with faction vs faction conflict.
2)mmog
3)wonderful deep crafting
4) healthy vibrant population
5) viable solo or faction play-style

Suggestions please.

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited February 2021
    Deep crafting does not exist.This is a long topic in of itself and what is considered deep my not be what i consider deep game design.

Faction vs faction NEVER interests me enough to look further,i must have at least 20 factions in the world to make it interesting.
    "viable solo"wouldn't that be like the ANTI faction versus faction game ?Albeit most games even those utilizing groups/teams/factions are still just solo games with a weak shell over it.

Healthy vibrant...

Well your choices are going to be the worst choices on my list....Wow....Lineage games...I believe GW2 has something along these pvp lines,AION yeah i am sure there are others,all well off my radar of games to play.

Oh one actually did coem to mind that i would MAYBE play and one-two other YOU might play.YOU might play Crowfall or Mark jacobs game "forget name of it".

The Game and likely the ONLY one i would consider and that is IF it comes out as decently playable which i think it might, would be ....The New World.The problem is that it has been delayed again and might not come out until the end of the year or later.I would question weather it is a delay or a "put on hold" idea because they have been frantically trying to get other games in order so likely moving employees around game to game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    ESO hits that entire list. 
    Kyleranfrancis_baud
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Some would say GW2 fits that as well
    Ungood
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Wizardry said:
    Deep crafting does not exist.This is a long topic in of itself and what is considered deep my not be what i consider deep game design.

Faction vs faction NEVER interests me enough to look further,i must have at least 20 factions in the world to make it interesting.
    "viable solo"wouldn't that be like the ANTI faction versus faction game ?Albeit most games even those utilizing groups/teams/factions are still just solo games with a weak shell over it.

Healthy vibrant...

Well your choices are going to be the worst choices on my list....Wow....Lineage games...I believe GW2 has something along these pvp lines,AION yeah i am sure there are others,all well off my radar of games to play.

Oh one actually did coem to mind that i would MAYBE play and one-two other YOU might play.YOU might play Crowfall or Mark jacobs game "forget name of it".

The Game and likely the ONLY one i would consider and that is IF it comes out as decently playable which i think it might, would be ....The New World.The problem is that it has been delayed again and might not come out until the end of the year or later.I would question weather it is a delay or a "put on hold" idea because they have been frantically trying to get other games in order so likely moving employees around game to game.

thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
    Gdemamifrancis_baud
    Nanfoodle said:

Thank you.
    Nanfoodle said:
    Some would say GW2 fits that as well

Thank you.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    edited February 2021
    Sounds like the OP wants DAoC but I am not sure that is an option anymore. I think the game is still around but no clue if many are playing it. There used to be private servers, not sure if that is still an option.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    edited February 2021

Double post my mistake
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    WAaaAAaaAGggggGgHHhhh!1!!!!!!                 is what you want ..

• OshricOshric Member UncommonPosts: 16

Shadanwolf:

We have been looking for you Star Fighter. 

Squadron Name: Nefarious
    Focus #1 is Combat and anything that supports combat, like engineering your ship to making money for upgrades and funding your progression.

Focus #2 Help each other get strong, by every means.

Focus #3 Nefarious Agenda. PVP is going to be a huge part of Odyssey lets star preparing now.

We are looking for active players and casual.

Join the dialog and team here: https://discord.gg/KnHre3j9

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Nanfoodle said:
    How's ESO for grouping with friends?

Back at launch it wasn't very good, but I'm wondering today if it's better with level scaling.
    [Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,172
    Kyleran said:
    Nanfoodle said:

Back at launch it wasn't very good, but I'm wondering today if it's better with level scaling.

It works just fine with two players, even with a high level disparity. I haven't tried it with more than that.
    Kyleran
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited February 2021
    Kyleran said:
    Nanfoodle said:

It had phasing issues at release where sometimes group members couldn't see each other if you had done something as simple as turn in a quest that the other hadn't. Disappearing and reappearing players was what annoyed some.

But that whole thing was revamped years ago and now, although the phasing still happens, you can always see other players. If your group mates or even those you're not grouped with, are on a different phase they may not see the NPC you're talking to if it's a phased NPC but they'll see you seemingly staring into space and you can see them.

In Auridon, the starting Aldmeri Dominion area, there's a quest where you talk to the queen who is standing outside a building. After you finish that quest and later on meet her where she asked you to go, when you come back to Auridon you'll often see a group of people standing in front of that same building but the queen and her entourage is nowhere to be seen.

It's just you that can't see her because you already did that quest and moved on. Those who haven't can see and interact with her.
    KyleranSovrath
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ringdanyringdany Member UncommonPosts: 189
    edited February 2021
    2)mmog

Suggestions please.
    umm.. Champions of Regnum? (this is an old style click to target mmo)

1) Definitely has 3 faction RvR (Alsius, Syrtis, Ignis)

2)Yes it is an mmo. There are instances, but the vast majority of the time it is everyone in one instance hungry for war (waiting around chilling and chatting and waiting for war to arrive or plotting the next war attack).

2) Sorry -i wouldnt call Regnum's crafting that deep. They did introduce crafting around 2017. But it's really basic stuff. I think they see crafting as a 5-8 year endeavour (ie: low priority). but....... you can collect mags to make what are magna weapons, and bosses do drop some pretty spectacularly visual weapons.

3) Yup its pretty busy most of the time. Here is a public record of war activity: https://www.regnumsentinel.com/en/ra/events/
    Each of those battles tend to look like this: 
    Latest 2021 Canival Event was gigantic. One player recorded a battle here: 

4) Yes.  Regnum lets you solo the whole lot, or join in the faction war. You can solo the entire content all the way to max level. It's a tough grind game,you can get to around lvl 30ish in about 2 weeks. After which you can join the war, but you wont be very strong. You can also earn xp from player kills, but you really become meaningful in war at around lvl 50 (about 2 months steady grind). You can level all the way to max lvl60 in war (maybe 2 yrs of war). The difference between level 50 and 60 is about 3-5% in hp and abilities.

Feel free to ask questions!

Official discord here: https://discord.gg/kY7aXXKb

(other RvR games i could suggest: Warhammer Return for Reckoning (this is a private server). DAOC and GW2.

Post edited by ringdany on
    Sounds like the OP wants DAoC but I am not sure that is an option anymore. I think the game is still around but no clue if many are playing it. There used to be private servers, not sure if that is still an option.

Phoenixlive is a strong DAOC private server atm.
    ScotKyleran
  • ringdanyringdany Member UncommonPosts: 189
    remsleep said:
    ringdany said:
    2)mmog

Suggestions please.
    umm.. Champions of Regnum? (this is an old style click to target mmo)

1) Definitely has 3 faction RvR (Alsius, Syrtis, Ignis)

2)Yes it is an mmo. There are instances, but the vast majority of the time it is everyone in one instance hungry for war (waiting around chilling and chatting and waiting for war to arrive or plotting the next war attack).

2) Sorry -i wouldnt call Regnum's crafting that deep. They did introduce crafting around 2017. But it's really basic stuff. I think they see crafting as a 5-8 year endeavour (ie: low priority). but....... you can collect mags to make what are magna weapons, and bosses do drop some pretty spectacularly visual weapons.

3) Yup its pretty busy most of the time. Here is a public record of war activity: https://www.regnumsentinel.com/en/ra/events/
    Each of those battles tend to look like this: 
    Latest 2021 Canival Event was gigantic. One player recorded a battle here: 

4) Yes.  Regnum lets you solo the whole lot, or join in the faction war. You can solo the entire content all the way to max level. It's a tough grind game,you can get to around lvl 30ish in about 2 weeks. After which you can join the war, but you wont be very strong. You can also earn xp from player kills, but you really become meaningful in war at around lvl 50 (about 2 months steady grind). You can level all the way to max lvl60 in war (maybe 2 yrs of war). The difference between level 50 and 60 is about 3-5% in hp and abilities.

Feel free to ask questions!

Official discord here: https://discord.gg/kY7aXXKb

(other RvR games i could suggest: Warhammer Return for Reckoning (this is a private server). DAOC and GW2.

This game is downright awful when I played it - doubt it's changed much.

But as they say one man's trash is anothers treasure
    yea regnum is not for every1. somehow,i think i became used to whatever clunkiness is in the game, and now just enjoy the big wars.
    Kyleran