Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowfall's Release Is 'Very Close,' According To New Developer Interview | MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    kitarad said:
    I wanted to ask something about this game. I want to try it but I am concerned that I might get scolded for being horrible at PvP.  I have gotten scolded in League of Legends and also in WoW Bgs.

I cannot play that very agile and effective fighter that can take on another class in a 1x1 fight. I like to stay at the back and support my team mates. Will I be able to play this even if I am horrible at PvP. Will I be forced out of the match by others for being less than good at the game? Is there room for a payer who does not PvP well. 

I want to participate but not as a fighter in the front lines I like to may be buff and heal and support my fellow players and I was wondering if such a role is viable or must every player be able to fend off attacks on them.

I last played the game the middle of 2020 so things may have changed, but my experience then was:
    1) There is a non-pvp world where you can safely learn your class and level up. 
    2) Crafting and gathering can be a big part of the game if you are into that sort of thing.
    3) There were a couple of good healing/buffing classes (Cleric, Paladin, Druid: of which the Cleric sounds like the kind of thing you are describing). 
    4) When you go into a pvp zone you will be attacked of course, but I found the combat to be quite forgiving, especially on a tanky healing class. Also the fights lasted a good amount of time- noone was one-shotting me for example.
    5) Like others have said, its best to play with a group but this is where I had a couple of issues: a) there were no social tools in game (like guild tabs, friends lists, active group finders, or guild finders) and b) there was only ever a couple of people online at the times I could play.

I found the lack of social tools particularly glaring considering the nature of the game. Compare that to Warhammer Online (and most other mmos!), which had a robust guild, grouping, and social framework. 
    francis_baud[Deleted User]
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Kyleran said:
    kitarad said:
    I wanted to ask something about this game. I want to try it but I am concerned that I might get scolded for being horrible at PvP.  I have gotten scolded in League of Legends and also in WoW Bgs.

I cannot play that very agile and effective fighter that can take on another class in a 1x1 fight. I like to stay at the back and support my team mates. Will I be able to play this even if I am horrible at PvP. Will I be forced out of the match by others for being less than good at the game? Is there room for a payer who does not PvP well. 

I want to participate but not as a fighter in the front lines I like to may be buff and heal and support my fellow players and I was wondering if such a role is viable or must every player be able to fend off attacks on them.
    Don't play with randos, join a good guild or group of friends and you'll be fine, normally how I enjoy PVP games which I also don't excel at.

I don't expect to excel I do hope the guild I join is patient. I look after young kids (other people's) so I rush off at the drop of a hat. Not the best guildmate. Plus I am no spring chicken and I cannot endure lengthy hours in a chair. I know all this sounds dumb and one might ask why even bother to play. I just like how the game looks was just curious if I can randomly join and have fun is all.
    francis_baud

• francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 479
    kitarad said:
    [...] I cannot play that very agile and effective fighter that can take on another class in a 1x1 fight. I like to stay at the back and support my team mates. Will I be able to play this even if I am horrible at PvP. Will I be forced out of the match by others for being less than good at the game? Is there room for a payer who does not PvP well. 
    Here's a 15vs15 as a Cleric Radical :

Usually if positioning correctly it's pretty forgiving (easy to disengage).
    kitaradKyleran[Deleted User]
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    kitarad said:
    [...] I cannot play that very agile and effective fighter that can take on another class in a 1x1 fight. I like to stay at the back and support my team mates. Will I be able to play this even if I am horrible at PvP. Will I be forced out of the match by others for being less than good at the game? Is there room for a payer who does not PvP well. 
    Here's a 15vs15 as a Cleric Radical :

Usually if positioning correctly it's pretty forgiving (easy to disengage).
    That looks like something even I could manage. Was not too bad thanks.
    francis_baud