Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Letting people know of 1,000+ player wars in Champions of Regnum now

ringdanyringdany Member UncommonPosts: 189
For those who like RvR open PvP,just letting you all know the current wars are topping 1,000+ players in battles (map wide and very crammed at forts). Screenshots here
francis_baud[Deleted User]YashaXcameltosis

Comments

• ringdanyringdany Member UncommonPosts: 189
    edited February 2021
    More screenshots Feb 2021

(Full folder of screenshots:    https://imgur.com/a/QlqitHb)

francis_baud[Deleted User]
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Something's not right here....
    Slapshot1188GdemamiMrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Something's not right here....
    which bit feels not right... actually, it's just news. screenshots are from overnight i think ..
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    2007 released game, very mixed reviews on Steam, very few reviews also, complaints one had better speak Spanish etc.

Most of all, what appears to be the perfect game for those waiting on Crowfall and CU isn't being played or discussed on these forums.

I smell a trap.
    Slapshot1188GdemamiMrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 479
    edited February 2021
    MMORPG.com posted a review of that game in 2013 : https://www.mmorpg.com/reviews/a-huge-but-empty-world-2000055174

I played in 2014, only a few hours though, and there were some players around iirc so it didn't feel "dead".

Also on SteamCharts it says that there aren't many players online, but I guess most of the people log directly via the launcher rather than using Steam.

Player gathering in 2015 :

[Deleted User]
  • CuddleheartCuddleheart Member UncommonPosts: 391
    It's one of a handful of Steam MMORPGs that natively runs on Linux.  That's the only time I've played it.
    francis_baud[Deleted User]
    edited February 2021
    Kyleran said:
    2007 released game, very mixed reviews on Steam, very few reviews also, complaints one had better speak Spanish etc.

Most of all, what appears to be the perfect game for those waiting on Crowfall and CU isn't being played or discussed on these forums.

I smell a trap.
    yea i wouldn't trust reviews older than 2 years, and i wouldn't trust consistently bad reviews where they are usually from disaffected players with an axe to grind. 

yup its a spanish dominated game. there are some advantages to this - number one, english speakers can feel like they are on a tourist holiday in latin america- little responsibility, lots of fun to be had. Also the official discord server ( https://discord.gg/kY7aXXKb ) has a very strong english speaking population.

i wouldn't be guided by frequency of forum discussions on whether a game is fun or not. Research should be based on facts and not hearsay. (That said, it is true, Regnum is not a game for everyone. It's not perfect).
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    I wanted to do the Faction PvP in this MMO, but I could not get over the hump of the PvE Level Grind.  was bored out my mind and never got to actually do the Faction PvP, which I downloaded the game for. 
    YashaX[Deleted User]

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    Good to see old MMOs doing well.
    [Deleted User]
  • Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    I wanted to do the Faction PvP in this MMO, but I could not get over the hump of the PvE Level Grind.  was bored out my mind and never got to actually do the Faction PvP, which I downloaded the game for. 
    Just what the PvPer in us all clamors for.
    MMOExposedMrMelGibson
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I tried the game recently actually for some reason. I did encounter a player or two running around while leveling in my couple of hours playing. It's just a very clunky feeling game to play. 
    [Deleted User]
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited February 2021
    That is the EXACT reason i would NOT play most pvp games.

I prefer...demand strategy.I will not take part in simply running/riding across a land surface to just run right at my enemy.

This type of combat is what we call "whack a mole".I would NEVER in my entire life pvp like that nor would i do that in real life.It would be the same reason i don't like or detest ARPG's,fast mindless combat is way off my list of things to do.

Yes Pve games have a sort fo whack a mole idea as well but the difference is it should ltake a team to take down one enemy,a real challenge and lots of time to have action and reaction.

I am also not going to say PVE games are the best they can be either but pvp like this or Lineage/2 is all crap to me.

So i'll point out how stupid this combat is.If you were in a fort,would you run out on the front lawn and play whack a mole or would you stay within the walls and use strategy like simple arrows?A known tactic used if trying to penetratethe door/gates "hot oil over the sides".

Laughable,i don't even see a gate on that fort ..lol.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Its the same problem with most mmos unfortunately. 
    edited February 2021
    Wizardry said:
    That is the EXACT reason i would NOT play most pvp games.

I prefer...demand strategy.I will not take part in simply running/riding across a land surface to just run right at my enemy......
    Good points ! Yea-- it sounds like you prefer a bit more strategy in your RvR. Maybe more tactical like Mount & Blade,  or more strategic with DAOC/GW2's greater number of fortifications?

Ya.. Regnum is more like "Quick what do we do" and every1 just piles in for fun fast discussions on "strategy", then everyone just rides off to war asap. Yea, different type of feel.

(Forts definitely have gates. Once gate is bashed down,the fort cap be capped by running to the top of the tower and clicking a flag and holding the fort for about 50 seconds. The fort can be upgraded so that the flag does not appear until a "Guard Captain" tough npc is also killed.)
    YashaX
    edited February 2021
    YashaX said:
    Its the same problem with most mmos unfortunately. 
    true true -- i was looking at some very new RvR games on discord where you can jump into war with near zero grind. example: https://hordes.io/ (has MInecraft lvl gfx).

(fwiw Regnum is moving to slowly make "Squid Island" fully operational and this will mean RvR with about 1 days grind. Suspect the industry is either already there or moving there)
    [Deleted User]YashaX
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    I thought this was a necro...
    Scot
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter