Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blue Protocol Introduces a Healing NPC in their Latest Update | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 11,024
edited February 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageBlue Protocol Introduces a Healing NPC in their Latest Update | MMORPG.com

Bandai Namco's highly anticipated game Blue Protocol released a small teaser tweet that shows off a healing NPC known as "Yee".

Read the full story here

Comments

• KataalKataal Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Though I am excited to try this, it's always sad to see my favorite role in any MMO quite literally reduced to an NPC.
    smikis792Scot
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    "Mercenaries" were usually implemented to help with lower population mmos....now they are more and more commonplace....might as well call these things co-op-rpgs after a while....
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,614
    Kanye gonna sue somebody.
    maskedweasel[Deleted User]

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,676
    edited February 2021
    Albatroes said:
    "Mercenaries" were usually implemented to help with lower population mmos....now they are more and more commonplace....might as well call these things co-op-rpgs after a while....
    Are we sure it's a "mercenary" (can be targetted by enemies, and hopefully equippable with gear unless it's a really lame mercenary system) and not a "pet"? (typically not as complex as mercenaries, not targettable by enemies, and tends to be commonplace in most MMOs)

EDIT:  I just checked the video.  It is, in fact, neither a mercenary nor a pet.  It is actually just a stationary NPC.  I guess it's basically a town/checkpoint healing station.

....how lame.
  • Whiteshade92Whiteshade92 Member UncommonPosts: 95
    I was looking forward to this game. But not anymore. What kind of design is this thing?
    Darkpigeon
  • SarlaSarla Member UncommonPosts: 161

I was looking forward to this game. But not anymore. What kind of design is this thing?

Asian shit mmo
    Panther2103
  • ReisreReisre Newbie CommonPosts: 1

Kataal said:

Though I am excited to try this, it's always sad to see my favorite role in any MMO quite literally reduced to an NPC.

I heard every class got their own heal ability as for heals the party. the fact that BP got dynamic fighting system makes the traditional MMO healer obsolete.
    maskedweasel
  • vMysxticvMysxtic Newbie CommonPosts: 2

What do you mean? There is usually an NPC within the city that can heal you for in-game currency. That doesn't mean there won't be other ways to heal yourself.
  • vMysxticvMysxtic Newbie CommonPosts: 2

Albatroes said:

Are we sure it's a "mercenary" (can be targetted by enemies, and hopefully equippable with gear unless it's a really lame mercenary system) and not a "pet"? (typically not as complex as mercenaries, not targettable by enemies, and tends to be commonplace in most MMOs)

EDIT:  I just checked the video.  It is, in fact, neither a mercenary nor a pet.  It is actually just a stationary NPC.  I guess it's basically a town/checkpoint healing station.

....how lame.

It says "released a small teaser tweet that shows off a healing NPC known as “Yee”." below the image at the top of the page. And a healing NPC for in-game currency is pretty commonplace in RPG's in general.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 19,897
    Reisre said:

Kataal said:

I heard every class got their own heal ability as for heals the party. the fact that BP got dynamic fighting system makes the traditional MMO healer obsolete.
    vMysxtic said:

What do you mean? There is usually an NPC within the city that can heal you for in-game currency. That doesn't mean there won't be other ways to heal yourself.
    You two escaped my notice...Welcome to the forums! :)