Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 2 Resurrected Announced, PC Tech Alpha Sign Ups Live | MMORPG.com

Comments

• GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    edited February 2021
    Now don't obsolete mods(Median vs modern D2...gg) or force us to play this version and everything will be awesome.
    iixviiiix
  • kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    I mean, honestly this D2 Ressurected looks good but it's just the same game i spent many hours years ago, there is nothing new to it at all and I'm just not excited. What about some new IP? it's just hey we got W3 remaster, hey, D2 ressurected, ohh we got you with WoW TBC, btw OW 2 is gonna actually be just OW but we got you with some focus on PVE, and D4? Even now it doesn't look that great as i thought it's going to look like and release is probably like 2 years away? at that time I'll 100% play it but i don't know...I expected much more of Blizzard that's why i'm so sad about it.
    GdemamiFrodoFragins
  • NecromaNecroma Member UncommonPosts: 45

Ginaz said:

God dammit. I've been waiting years for a remastered D2 which means I'll probably end up getting this despite my better judgement. Having your progress carry over from PC to console and vice versa is a nice addition, though.

trigger buying isn't good my friend, should definitely fix it.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I am quite excited and will buy this. I loved Diablo II to bits.
    ultimateduck
    Chamber of Chains
  • ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818

redcore said:

blizz is so desperate. they have to bring back games made 15-20 years ago, bcz they cant do shit now. this company became just a clown who was once a king.

Soon they will do remasters of The Lost Vikings and Blackthorne. xD

After that they will remaster some scrapped concept art work from 1991 and sell that too. It will somehow have microtransactions, DLCs, Battle Pass and Loot Boxes. Activision B. are tenacious con men who can pull even that off. They can probably even sell you concepts of thin air and monetize them with microtransactions too.
    FrodoFraginsKidRisk
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    Rakanishu!!!!!

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    The PC tech alpha is only for the US ?
    Chamber of Chains
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    D2 LoD is one of my favorite games. I will definitely try this out.

On a different note, is it only me or does Barbarian look a little bit out of shape in that video :D
    His model and the faces of all of the classes are just terrible lol.  Hopefully they'll address it.
    Gorwe
    kertin said:
    I mean, honestly this D2 Ressurected looks good but it's just the same game i spent many hours years ago, there is nothing new to it at all and I'm just not excited. What about some new IP? it's just hey we got W3 remaster, hey, D2 ressurected, ohh we got you with WoW TBC, btw OW 2 is gonna actually be just OW but we got you with some focus on PVE, and D4? Even now it doesn't look that great as i thought it's going to look like and release is probably like 2 years away? at that time I'll 100% play it but i don't know...I expected much more of Blizzard that's why i'm so sad about it.
    Some people.  You expected more from the company that gave us WC3:Refunded and had to fire that entire classic team?
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited February 2021
    Skipping Diablo 2 for 20 years just because it was point and click was not that hard, but finally i'll be able to play this game with twin sticks. Patience is definitely a virtue.

Looking forward to it.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

remsleep said:

This remaster to me looks better than D4

I really loved D2 - if they do this right - I will quickly forget about D4

Weren't you saying otherwise? :))

But no, it doesn't look better, graphics and aesthetics wise, but it looks AMAZING for what it is.

remsleep said:

D4 has a LONG way to go.  The rogue combat looks too much like D3 combat and that rubs me wrong for some reason.  I'm not even sure why as I enjoy combat in D3.

I think you need some glasses ..

remsleep said:

remsleep said:

D4 has a LONG way to go.  The rogue combat looks too much like D3 combat and that rubs me wrong for some reason.  I'm not even sure why as I enjoy combat in D3.

The thing is originally they were saying how D4 was going to be dark and grim themed - I look at this rogue play and I am like - it's D3 all over again - the dark and grim look is just not there, did they abandon this thematic direction already?

..and so do you and whoever says D4 is D3. I am pretty close at this point to make a video comparation : D3 vs D4 , because there are some other (trolls?), who goes exactly like this : lololol D3 all over again!! no thanks!!!! buahhaha ......

Again, seek medical care for your eyes if you think D4 is looking too much like D3 , combat and graphics especially. Yes, the fluidity in combat and animations are close to D3 ( with D4 having better of course ) , but that's about it, and is NOT a bad thing. Actually is what I was hoping for, because the combat/animations fluidity in D3 is one of THE best i've ever seen in ARPG's.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

remsleep said:
    IceAge said:

remsleep said:

But no, it doesn't look better, graphics and aesthetics wise, but it looks AMAZING for what it is.

remsleep said:

remsleep said:

remsleep said:

The thing is originally they were saying how D4 was going to be dark and grim themed - I look at this rogue play and I am like - it's D3 all over again - the dark and grim look is just not there, did they abandon this thematic direction already?

..and so do you and whoever says D4 is D3. I am pretty close at this point to make a video comparation : D3 vs D4 , because there are some other (trolls?), who goes exactly like this : lololol D3 all over again!! no thanks!!!! buahhaha ......

Again, seek medical care for your eyes if you think D4 is looking too much like D3 , combat and graphics especially. Yes, the fluidity in combat and animations are close to D3 ( with D4 having better of course ) , but that's about it, and is NOT a bad thing. Actually is what I was hoping for, because the combat/animations fluidity in D3 is one of THE best i've ever seen in ARPG's.

Except that D4 animations are less fluid than D3 - and you are telling me to get glasses.

lol
    You mean in some scenes where there is "lag" ?! 

And I think you missed this video : 

1) Keep in mind that this is some very very early game play footage. If I show you some D3 gameplay footage from say .. back in 2010, you would 100% say the same.

2) I think you miss-understand the "animation" term with a different approach in combat ( again, as of now in this very, very early game play footage ). D4 has indeed a "slow down" combat system vs D3 one, but it has NOTHING to do with fluidity and animations. 

3) Well , I still think you need glasses. 

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?

remsleep said:
    IceAge said:
    remsleep said:
    IceAge said:

remsleep said:

remsleep said:

remsleep said:

remsleep said:

Except that D4 animations are less fluid than D3 - and you are telling me to get glasses.

lol
    You mean in some scenes where there is "lag" ?! 

And I think you missed this video : 

1) Keep in mind that this is some very very early game play footage. If I show you some D3 gameplay footage from say .. back in 2010, you would 100% say the same.

2) I think you miss-understand the "animation" term with a different approach in combat ( again, as of now in this very, very early game play footage ). D4 has indeed a "slow down" combat system vs D3 one, but it has NOTHING to do with fluidity and animations. 

3) Well , I still think you need glasses. 

The running animation is awful for rogue - there are inconsistencies - some animations are smooth - some are janky - all of this is due to alpha.

At 4:20 - look at those worm things - the death animation is laughable - they just do an instant flip on their back - looks hillarious, that's some janky ass shit

4:40ish - horse animation - ufff 

The game is early alpha and graphical stutter is real - again no surprise.

The VFX look like shit right now - they are simply just "overlayed" and lack lighting effects etc - like fire spells doesn't light up the walls (only initially there is some global illumination) and the surrounding environment - again it's something they will fix later. Maybe I am just completely spoiled by RTX - but the current VFX illumination looks like it's circa 2004

Example - the lighting spinning on the floor has zero illumination - /sad_whale

D3 feels a lot smoother when you watch D3 videos - D4 feels janky - we will see what the final product is like because as you pointed out we are comparing apples and oranges in terms of released/still alpha

I expect D4 final to be more polished for sure - I expect it to be smoother for sure - and graphically better than D3 - this is to be expected.

But right now the alpha footage is janky - especially frames/lag, inconsistent animations and really poor VFX illumination 

Right now it's jankier - that's all I am saying - but that doesn't matter.

Also for me the biggest disappointment of D3 is how dumbed down the game is - it's a damn shame - you have games like PoE that have 100x depth - D3 feels like it was made for toddlers in comparison.

I hope D4 has some solid depth to character building and not be a complete joke like D3 ended up being.
    HAHAHHAAHHAHA

So, let me get this straight. You are telling me that you ACTUALLY hating on an alpha, very early gameplay footage because in some scenes, there are UNFINISHED things for.........obvious reasons?! 

DAMN! Move along Kano, move along. You literally don't deserve my time to "mess" up with you.

Not today at least! :) 

IceAge said:

remsleep said:

remsleep said:

You do realize it's essentially the same engine that's been modified?

Regardless, they have FAR bigger problems as their current iteration is about on par with Wolcen in terms of depth.
    Gdemami
  • kmelotkmelot Member UncommonPosts: 2

redcore said:

blizz is so desperate. they have to bring back games made 15-20 years ago, bcz they cant do shit now. this company became just a clown who was once a king.

I think that You're not aware about how many years the Diablo fans were literally asking for a Diablo 2 remastered, specially since Diablo 3 released.
    Definitely this announcement is a great move from Blizzard, finally they pleased a lor of their Diablo franchise fans.
  • MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

Well it's clear that VV has done a FAR better job with this remaster than the WC3 team.  It at least 'looks' right.  I have to assume they didn't outsource the art to Asia like WC3 or if they did those outsourced artists were on tight leashes.

It's too soon to be excited but it's promising.  The 2021 release date surprises me though.  It has the druid which means it should have the LoD expansion  as well.

I liked the new art style for wc3 lol. It was the underlying broken game core that made me think wtf lol.

War 3 reforged looked like some students first 3d art project. Arthas and the other look very outdated graphic wise, and so did the background when they talked.

I know that was gimped further in the release, but I'm talking about when game got announced and shown.
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    When we talk about diablo 2 , we talk about mods , but i doubt they will allow us to mod new game easy like original
    Also I hope they don't add the BS ToS like war3 RE.

Gdemami
    iixviiiix said:
    When we talk about diablo 2 , we talk about mods , but i doubt they will allow us to mod new game easy like original
    Also I hope they don't add the BS ToS like war3 RE.

on twitter they say it supports mods.

They are using the same exact logic code for everything.  They've just added a 3D wrapper around the rendering.  While I'm sure this was still quite challenging, it makes a lot of things easier in terms of mods or simply in having the game feel the same.
    iixviiiixultimateduck
  • Veexer_NuiVeexer_Nui Member UncommonPosts: 268
    As excited as I am for this, blizzard made a huge mistake. The 10 minute D4 gameplay video looks like complete trash compared to the D2:R gameplay. D4 had no ambient lightning, no spell lighting or shadows, a level 40 item with +450 stat points?!? 3 Monsters at a time...

Every single Diablo streamer says the same thing, D2:R completely overshadows D4. Unless drastic changes are made it will be a disaster. And don't say 'd4 is still being developed' this is the 4th iteration, (3 years development with multiple user feedback), whereas the D2:R was done in a single year. (and is also 'in technical alpha')
    FrodoFraginsGdemami

Archeage EU - Nui

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I think someone's comment somewhere in a youtube video said it best "Who knew the D3 we always wanted was D2 Resurrected."

But in all seriousness, I'm even crossing my toes at this point in hopes this is good given this was back in my early days of gaming and spent years on it at its peak. I know the tony hawk team is working on it but I hope they dont get lax. We've seen even CDPR tumble with Cyberpunk 2077 and they were the industry darlings.
    Gdemami
    As excited as I am for this, blizzard made a huge mistake. The 10 minute D4 gameplay video looks like complete trash compared to the D2:R gameplay. D4 had no ambient lightning, no spell lighting or shadows, a level 40 item with +450 stat points?!? 3 Monsters at a time...

Every single Diablo streamer says the same thing, D2:R completely overshadows D4. Unless drastic changes are made it will be a disaster. And don't say 'd4 is still being developed' this is the 4th iteration, (3 years development with multiple user feedback), whereas the D2:R was done in a single year. (and is also 'in technical alpha')
    While I agree, I'm hoping D4 has at least two more Blizzcons before release.  So there is certainly room for improvement.  But they'll also have to compete with POE2.

D3 is going to take another big hit when D2R releases.  I honestly don't understand why some streamers have stuck with D3.
  • GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428

While I agree, I'm hoping D4 has at least two more Blizzcons before release.  So there is certainly room for improvement.  But they'll also have to compete with POE2.

D3 is going to take another big hit when D2R releases.  I honestly don't understand why some streamers have stuck with D3.
    D3 is such a misfire, innit?
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    edited February 2021
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/lpa5b5/orb_huggers_d2_d2r_comparison/

rDiablo - Orb Huggers D2  D2R Comparison

Lovely ain't it cannot wait for this. I am practically already in huge hype mode. I am more excited about this than about D4. Since they are also doing the cosmetic currency thing I think I will skip it altogether.
    [Deleted User]rojoArcueidGorweultimateduckcheyane

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    remsleep said:
    Gorwe said:

For me - massive failure. 

The game has been out for 9 years almost and only had a single expansion???

One more class added?

Like wtf kind of bullshit is that - that only happens to massive failure games, and D3 sold well enough for them to do at least 3 expansions easy.

Its inexcusable 

Honestly, D3 was always a redflag for me when they didn't add necro at the start. While its still 'functional' in the pretext of D3 (given how they choice to deal with skills in that game), why this wasn't added at the start is still beyond me.....if D4 doesn't have necro at the start, its gonna be a hard pass for me until they add it.
    Gdemami
    Gorwe said:

If they got a second expansion that removed the crappy itemization and focus on just sets then they maybe could of had something.  Assuming they totally revamped endgame as well.

D4 gives me worries as while they aren't depending on sets, they are leaning much more towards the simplicity of D3 than I want.  There is literally nothing to get excited about with D4.  The most I can say is that I'm not completely pessimistic.  They are wasting their time with PVP and I hope they don't balance classes based on PVP as that will kill the game.
    Gdemami