Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo IV Receiving Rogue Class | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageDiablo IV Receiving Rogue Class | MMORPG.com

Diablo IV is receiving a new class, The Rogue. Here are some initial details from BlizzConline.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    But can I play this on my phone?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    I hope the full release won't be gender locked. That would be a serious step down from Diablo 3.
    TheIdealistTruvidiennGorwerojoArcueidMargrave
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

remsleep said:

Diablo Immortal is -> way

I am assuming the rough/janky animations are due to super early alpha footage. They need to work on that - the animations look like they are 10 years old already - running, that jump, horse running - it's all just pretty rough

I know that... obviously DI will run on a phone.

My question, based on what I saw.. is whether THIS game will run on my phone.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Mr.GutsyMr.Gutsy Member UncommonPosts: 87

remsleep said:

Diablo Immortal is -> way

I am assuming the rough/janky animations are due to super early alpha footage. They need to work on that - the animations look like they are 10 years old already - running, that jump, horse running - it's all just pretty rough

I know that... obviously DI will run on a phone.

My question, based on what I saw.. is whether THIS game will run on my phone.

If you plug your phone into your RTX gpu then...... yeah, you can.
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    Cutscene so good thought it was CGI but really was the ingame engine.
    [Deleted User]IselinIceAge
  • redcoreredcore Member UncommonPosts: 108
    wow..that was boring. just another d3.
    ashiru_1978Zeneren
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    remsleep said:
    The dark and grim theme they were originally promising seems pretty much gone. The gameplay seems a lot more colorful and more like D3 than previous ones they've shown.
    Right.. 'cause nothing says bright and sunny more than hanging human ears from hooks inside the church cupboard lol.
    Slapshot1188GroqstrongLeiHngWeiCelcius
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818

redcore said:

Looks even worse than D3 and Diablo 3 was the worst Diablo game ever. Only Diablo 4 and Diablo Immortal can be worse than Diablo 3.

The fact that they are again making Diablo 4 online-only so you can't even play it if you have no internet connection even though you bought the game and just want to play Single Player and never associate with anybody else shows how greedy and insecure they are. They are doing it only because they don't want people to pirate their game, well the irony is that there is already at least one private Diablo 3 server.

They should have at least created two versions of Diablo 4:

- Diablo 4 Online
    - Diablo 4 Offline

and sell each one separately, people would still buy each one. I would have bought Diablo 4 Offline to play by myself. But considering how greedy Activision B are, they don't deserve my money. The sad part is Diablo 4 is going to be a complete mediocre garbage and the fanboys will fund Activision B's lazy and incompetent ways even further so they can continue to produce more and more mediocre trash.
    IceAge
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041

redcore said:

Looks even worse than D3 and Diablo 3 was the worst Diablo game ever. Only Diablo 4 and Diablo Immortal can be worse than Diablo 3.

The fact that they are again making Diablo 4 online-only so you can't even play it if you have no internet connection even though you bought the game and just want to play Single Player and never associate with anybody else shows how greedy and insecure they are. They are doing it only because they don't want people to pirate their game, well the irony is that there is already at least one private Diablo 3 server.

- Diablo 4 Online
    - Diablo 4 Offline

and sell each one separately, people would still buy each one. I would have bought Diablo 4 Offline to play by myself. But considering how greedy Activision B are, they don't deserve my money. The sad part is Diablo 4 is going to be a complete mediocre garbage and the fanboys will fund Activision B's lazy and incompetent ways even further so they can continue to produce more and more mediocre trash.
    Or, it turns out to be a great game and people will hate it regardless because its a popular brand. And hating those makes you edgy and cool.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    ultimateduckseshsesLeiHngWeiIceAge
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
     ashiru_1978 said:

redcore said:

- Diablo 4 Online
    - Diablo 4 Offline

I personally find Path of Exile better than Diablo 3 but I also know that a lot of players play Diablo 3. If a company can make players enjoy their game enough and make a lot of money off it I don't see what exactly they are doing wrong. They seem to be catering to their market that just does not include you though.

I get that as an individual a person may dislike a game or franchise and the direction it takes but if the game company is continuing to satisfy their core base the ones who actually buy their games why should they concern themselves with the people who don't buy their games.

I feel that we have reached a point where the way we want games to be isn't what the games are like. Games have changed a lot and game companies are doing things that are making many older gamers like me decide not to purchase the game. In the end though I am the one who decided I didn't want to play the game. 

So now I don't do that any more because I want to learn to like new things even if they are outside my comfort zone. Sometimes this ends in a spectacular failure but at least I am not making snap judgements without actually experiencing the game.
    ultimateduck
    Chamber of Chains
  • MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    This game became irrelevant when D2 resurrected was announced. 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited February 2021
    Looks up about 4 or so posts.

The reason developers are using the ONLINE aspect in games has been very lame,they do it to operate a cash shop.Then just like with the Blizzard APP you will be bombarded with their advertising,so it is a form of forced advertising.

MANY..MOST online games are played 90-99% solo,they do not NEED an online feature or at best maybe a co-op feature.

Obviously mobile is only to exploit the huge mobile money tree because seems those using cells phones to game are better suckers than the PC users.

I am also going to assume Blizzard will make this D4 also a heavy cash shop game because this has been a VERY noticeable trend in Blizzard since Activision stepped in with an Iron Fist.Like in the one game i play a lot or have played a lot ..Hearthstone it has been extremely noticeable how much more cash shop advertising they have been doing.Also in the new xpac for HS they are adding even more p2w and more ways to spend.

So yeah Blizzard has been on a tirade of cash shop gaming.
    IceAge

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Erinak1Erinak1 Member UncommonPosts: 205

remsleep said:

The dark and grim theme they were originally promising seems pretty much gone.

The gameplay seems a lot more colorful and more like D3 than previous ones they've shown.

Does dark and grim to you mean there has to be no light or colour? Or did we watch different videos? Dark and grim is a theme, it doesnt mean the whole world has to be covered in a layer of mud.
    Iselin[Deleted User]
  • Abscissa15Abscissa15 Member UncommonPosts: 69
    I had hoped that Diablo IV would incorporate 3rd person camera view. It's just a personal preference - I recently reloaded UO and Legends of Aria just for kicks. Isometric camera view just doesn't get it for me. I suppose that modifying the coding for that sort of change would be an enormous expense and apparently players like it just the way it is.
    edited February 2021
    Dark and grim in ARPGs is code for "our game is supposed to look ugly as shit. It's a design choice. Yep. Definitely a design choice."
    Iselin
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited February 2021

I had hoped that Diablo IV would incorporate 3rd person camera view. It's just a personal preference - I recently reloaded UO and Legends of Aria just for kicks. Isometric camera view just doesn't get it for me. I suppose that modifying the coding for that sort of change would be an enormous expense and apparently players like it just the way it is.

that was the big problem with Witcher 1, the game was designed as an ARPG and they changed it to third person without properly adding third person controls so it ended up being a really bad mix of third person movement with topdown ARPG "click everywhere" controls.

As for Diablo IV, the always online requirement completely put me off. I'll wait for D2 remaster instead. Might play D4 some day when it's like $10 bucks.

• GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    Erinak1 said:

remsleep said:

The gameplay seems a lot more colorful and more like D3 than previous ones they've shown.

Does dark and grim to you mean there has to be no light or colour? Or did we watch different videos? Dark and grim is a theme, it doesnt mean the whole world has to be covered in a layer of mud.
    Dried ears(supposedly, they wouldn't look like that) aren't a reference to grimdark, but to Diablo 2's PvP. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they snuck a PvP vendor peek into this announcement. Something like that PoE PvP vendor.

It looked ok, nothing more. I'm more interested in how Diablo Resurrected turns out.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Gorwe said:

It looked ok, nothing more. I'm more interested in how Diablo Resurrected turns out.

Man, Blizzard should resurrect both D1 and D2 and selling together as a Classic Diablo bundle, kind of like they are doing with the newly announced Blizzard Arcade Collection. That would be awesome.
    Gorwe

remsleep said:
    Aeander said:
    Dark and grim in ARPGs is code for "our game is supposed to look ugly as shit. It's a design choice. Yep. Definitely a design choice."

Not necessarily - example Diablo 1, Grim Dawn - neither is "ugly as shit"

Yeah.... agree to disagree on those screenshots.
    IceAge
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    remsleep said:
    Aeander said:

Not necessarily - example Diablo 1, Grim Dawn - neither is "ugly as shit"

Grim Dawn is not ugly but the game uses a modified TQ engine and it shows.  It felt very clunky to me.  I'm actually enjoying WH40K Inquisitor Martyr a lot more than I enjoyed Grim Dawn, or Wolcen.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

remsleep said:

They don't call glasses for no reason. You should try them and that "colorful and more like D3" will be ..gone, trust me.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

remsleep said:
    IceAge said:

remsleep said:

They don't call glasses for no reason. You should try them and that "colorful and more like D3" will be ..gone, trust me.

9 years - one expansion.

It sucks - trust me.
    What? What this has to do with your views on D4 , seeing it as........D3 ?! 

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?

remsleep said:
    IceAge said:
    remsleep said:
    IceAge said:

remsleep said:

9 years - one expansion.

It sucks - trust me.

A multi billion dollar company with a multi billion dollar franchise - makes a single expansion for Diablo 3 - and sits on it for 8 fucking years without another expansion.

Meanwhile GGG with PoE has done more updates and expansion in the last year with smaller team for a F2P game than Blizzard has done with D3 in the last 8 years.

it has to do with Blizzard totally sucking donkey ass as far as D3 and being outdone by smaller dev team in a F2P game - it's fucking embarrassing 

What does this say for D4 - nothing - except that Blizzard has a terrible record with D3 - will they also launch D4 and pretty much abandon it after a year with one expansion?
    Oh wow "dude"...

Just carry on! :) 

D3 was support until at least 2017. That's 5+ years. Compare it with D2 and yup, they did it longer. 

Now, PoE is another story. PoE is a great game, I know, but D3 was simply not going in the right direction because of how they released it ( AH extravaganza ) and so they decided it to .. stop support it after 5+ years and carry on with D4 which was a very good move.

But .. you just hate for the love of hating. Is fine! :) 

remsleep said:
    IceAge said:
    remsleep said:
    IceAge said:
    remsleep said:
    IceAge said:

remsleep said:

9 years - one expansion.

It sucks - trust me.

A multi billion dollar company with a multi billion dollar franchise - makes a single expansion for Diablo 3 - and sits on it for 8 fucking years without another expansion.

Meanwhile GGG with PoE has done more updates and expansion in the last year with smaller team for a F2P game than Blizzard has done with D3 in the last 8 years.

it has to do with Blizzard totally sucking donkey ass as far as D3 and being outdone by smaller dev team in a F2P game - it's fucking embarrassing 

What does this say for D4 - nothing - except that Blizzard has a terrible record with D3 - will they also launch D4 and pretty much abandon it after a year with one expansion?
    Oh wow "dude"...

D3 was support until at least 2017. That's 5+ years. Compare it with D2 and yup, they did it longer. 

Now, PoE is another story. PoE is a great game, I know, but D3 was simply not going in the right direction because of how they released it ( AH extravaganza ) and so they decided it to .. stop support it after 5+ years and carry on with D4 which was a very good move.

So what's the excuse for Blizzard not doing a 2nd expansion for D3 since 2013?

Is asking this "hate for the love of hating"?

really?

Pointing out that Blizzard has done absolutely minimal work on D3 since 2013 - this is a fact - they could have had at least 2 or 3 more expansions in the last 8 years and that is if they were taking it really easy and slow.

But a single expansion since launch - come on man - get real - 9 years, one expansion - that is not good
    I told you "what's the excuse". D3 couldn't be what they wanted to and so they started to work on D4. What's wrong with that?

Also, minimal work on D3 since 2013? Are you fucking kidding me? RoS was one of THE best expansions in any games I played and has change the game DRASTICALLY! in a good way. 

Seriously , it seems you know shit about D3 so please, just..stop speaking about it. You are embarrassing yourself.

Also, I wonder what critics do you have on PoE 2 based on this gameplay footage. Serious .. "question" :

remsleep said:
    IceAge said:
    remsleep said:
    IceAge said:
    remsleep said:
    IceAge said:
    remsleep said:
    IceAge said:

remsleep said:

9 years - one expansion.

It sucks - trust me.

Oh wow "dude"...

So what's the excuse for Blizzard not doing a 2nd expansion for D3 since 2013?

Is asking this "hate for the love of hating"?

really?

Pointing out that Blizzard has done absolutely minimal work on D3 since 2013 - this is a fact - they could have had at least 2 or 3 more expansions in the last 8 years and that is if they were taking it really easy and slow.

But a single expansion since launch - come on man - get real - 9 years, one expansion - that is not good
    I told you "what's the excuse". D3 couldn't be what they wanted to and so they started to work on D4. What's wrong with that?

Also, minimal work on D3 since 2013? Are you fucking kidding me? RoS was one of THE best expansions in any games I played and has change the game DRASTICALLY! in a good way. 

Seriously , it seems you know shit about D3 so please, just..stop speaking about it. You are embarrassing yourself.

Also, I wonder what critics do you have on PoE 2 based on this gameplay footage. Serious .. "question" :

- my bad - 

You are doing lots of "my bad", so it's kinda..pointless to have a conversation with you on this matter. 

As I said..carry on! :)