Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 2 Resurrected Announced, PC Tech Alpha Sign Ups Live | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageDiablo 2 Resurrected Announced, PC Tech Alpha Sign Ups Live | MMORPG.com

Blizzard has announced Diablo 2 Resurrected for PC and console, featuring cross progression.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    All this excitement like everyone forgot the cash grab Blizzard did with Warcraft reboot lol. Won't touch this shit until I see reviews.
    [Deleted User]GdemamiNeoyoshiGrindcoreTHRALL
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Viper482 said:
    All this excitement like everyone forgot the cash grab Blizzard did with Warcraft reboot lol. Won't touch this shit until I see reviews.
    Boy am I glad I was boycotting ActiBlizz at the time. I loved Warcraft 3 and would have preordered it.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    edited February 2021
    Well it's clear that VV has done a FAR better job with this remaster than the WC3 team.  It at least 'looks' right.  I have to assume they didn't outsource the art to Asia like WC3 or if they did those outsourced artists were on tight leashes.

It's too soon to be excited but it's promising.  The 2021 release date surprises me though.  It has the druid which means it should have the LoD expansion  as well.
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    God dammit. I've been waiting years for a remastered D2 which means I'll probably end up getting this despite my better judgement. Having your progress carry over from PC to console and vice versa is a nice addition, though.
    cheyane

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• Mr.GutsyMr.Gutsy Member UncommonPosts: 87
    This is a bad remake, not a true remaster.
    FrodoFraginsGdemamiNephethHiromant
    edited February 2021
    Mr.Gutsy said:
    This is a bad remake, not a true remaster.
    They are talking about it right now.  It's running on the same engine in terms of combat/logic (that code was never lost despite what people claim.  It was the art resources that were lost but they needed to be remastered anyway).  that means 25FPS  in terms of movement, attacks and such.  But higher FPS for rendering

They changed the rendering and it's ridiculously faithful there.
    GdemamiNepheth
  • GreenSage39GreenSage39 Member UncommonPosts: 144

Well it's clear that VV has done a FAR better job with this remaster than the WC3 team.  It at least 'looks' right.  I have to assume they didn't outsource the art to Asia like WC3 or if they did those outsourced artists were on tight leashes.

It's too soon to be excited but it's promising.  The 2021 release date surprises me though.  It has the druid which means it should have the LoD expansion  as well.

I liked the new art style for wc3 lol. It was the underlying broken game core that made me think wtf lol.
    MikeJezZ

I liked the new art style for wc3 lol. It was the underlying broken game core that made me think wtf lol.
    Did you think they looked like something Blizzard would ever design themselves?  They were competently made but lacked the stylized aesthetic of Warcraft designs.
    MikeJezZ
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    Excitement is free and carries no risk. There is no reason for me to delay that. Purchase is not so that's prudent for me to hold off on.

At least it is something of potential interest for me to look forward to.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    I remember playing the heck out of this game back in the day. Favorite was Necromancer. At max level you could clear entire dungeons in minutes by spamming poison nova over and over.
    [Deleted User]cheyane
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• TruvidiennTruvidienn Member UncommonPosts: 320
    Already signed up.
    cheyaneSovrath
    After watching the stream, I only have one complaint.  The character faces, and maybe the barbs body, don't look right at all.  They don't match the installation art that showed some classes nor other official art.  It won't matter once you're playing but it looks weird on the zoomed in screen where you start your game on a character.  
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    Nah gimme D4.
    [Deleted User]MikeJezZ
  • goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394
    edited February 2021
    I'm hoping, but not optimistic, that they will add further difficulty levels to the remake.

I'm so tired of the alleged 'purists' defiant of any kind of change, be it positive or negative... Like SW purists getting mad that a puppeteer's bare arm was removed from a shot of The Empire Strikes Back... Or more recently, people threatening to boycott WC3 if they FIXED THE HORRIBLE PATHING. These people are poison.

Normal-Nightmare-Hell just isn't enough for this genre, anymore. D2 survived among a small community of players because they like making new characters all the time... They can still attract people who want to stick with fewer characters, for longer periods of time, without hindering those others.
    [Deleted User]
    remsleep said:
    This remaster to me looks better than D4

I really loved D2 - if they do this right - I will quickly forget about D4
    D4 has a LONG way to go.  The rogue combat looks too much like D3 combat and that rubs me wrong for some reason.  I'm not even sure why as I enjoy combat in D3.
    [Deleted User]GdemamiHiromantMikeJezZ
  • TheIdealistTheIdealist Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Very important information that tgey didnt explained is future updates, Diablo 2 LoD at the moment is on version 1.14b. we get nee uodatez(new items, features etc) or not?
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    There is a 100% chance that I will play the crap out of this.
  • kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

goozmania said:

I'm hoping, but not optimistic, that they will add further difficulty levels to the remake.

I'm so tired of the alleged 'purists' defiant of any kind of change, be it positive or negative... Like SW purists getting mad that a puppeteer's bare arm was removed from a shot of The Empire Strikes Back... Or more recently, people threatening to boycott WC3 if they FIXED THE HORRIBLE PATHING. These people are poison.

Normal-Nightmare-Hell just isn't enough for this genre, anymore. D2 survived among a small community of players because they like making new characters all the time... They can still attract people who want to stick with fewer characters, for longer periods of time, without hindering those others.

It takes roughly 150 hours to go from 98-99 (no deaths average just about 2m30seconds a run). A normal person would probably get one in the 6 months between seasons if we are talking Battle.net play.

There are more than enough ways to play this game to make a challenge.

@frodofragins I thought so to until I rewatched it and it actually looks at a much slower speed more along the lines of D2 than D3. The movement is just in many of the attacks to make it look faster, but the Rogue wasn't plowing through all enemies as it initially looked like in the opener.
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    Extremely cautious due to WC3 Reforged debacle. I've lost faith in Blizzard entirely as Activision gobbles them up more and more, but heck... its Diablo 2... so of course I'm keeping my eye on it lol
  • redcoreredcore Member UncommonPosts: 108
    edited February 2021
    blizz is so desperate. they have to bring back games made 15-20 years ago, bcz they cant do shit now. this company became just a clown who was once a king.
    FrodoFraginsgoozmaniaGdemamiashiru_1978Viper482
    kilun said:

goozmania said:

It takes roughly 150 hours to go from 98-99 (no deaths average just about 2m30seconds a run). A normal person would probably get one in the 6 months between seasons if we are talking Battle.net play.

There are more than enough ways to play this game to make a challenge.

@frodofragins I thought so to until I rewatched it and it actually looks at a much slower speed more along the lines of D2 than D3. The movement is just in many of the attacks to make it look faster, but the Rogue wasn't plowing through all enemies as it initially looked like in the opener.
    Hmm.  You may be right.
    Very important information that tgey didnt explained is future updates, Diablo 2 LoD at the moment is on version 1.14b. we get nee uodatez(new items, features etc) or not?
    Good Question.  I did not see that addressed. 
  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Here's the thing, is the audience there for this?

Because a large part of what made D2 LoD great was it's community, it's ladder system, it's item trading, it's black market shenanigans' and the TCP/IP hosting community where most of the crazy modding took place.

A remake or a remaster of this game cannot turn back the clock; and so much of what I just listed is in large part of a bygone era that doesn't exist anymore in the way it used to.

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
    edited February 2021
    Neoyoshi said:
    Here's the thing, is the audience there for this?

Because a large part of what made D2 LoD great was it's community, it's ladder system, it's item trading, it's black market shenanigans' and the TCP/IP hosting community where most of the crazy modding took place.

A remake or a remaster of this game cannot turn back the clock; and so much of what I just listed is in large part of a bygone era that doesn't exist anymore in the way it used to.
    It has global matchmaking - no more being restricted to USEast, EU ...

Yeah I think it will be a big seller honestly.  Wolcen sold a million in a month to players desperate for ARPGs to play when they get bored of POE leagues
    dragonlee66ultimateduck
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited February 2021
    Its coming to Switch with crossplay....
    It has a revamped UI with a proper skill bar....

I am all in, multi platform that is. Bring it, it looks stunning.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    KidRiskultimateduck
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer