Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's Everything Announced At The BlizzConline Opening Ceremony | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageHere's Everything Announced At The BlizzConline Opening Ceremony | MMORPG.com

BlizzConline 2021 kicked off today and quite a few of the franchises that make up Blizzard's library got some announcements today. Here's everything major Blizzard officially unveiled today during its keynote.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Homura235Homura235 Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Unless it's WoW 2.0 I don't care...
    ashiru_1978
  • GreenSage39GreenSage39 Member UncommonPosts: 144
    I don't know. WoW storyline seems kinda cool with SL. I left a couple months after BFA. Just fealt like meh. We finally had some semblance or reasoning to go horde vs alliance but in the end the feminist policies played out and we're basically lead to believe everyone in the alliance and horde is lead by the few with an iron grip on its people on both sides. You must admit Anduin's Light/hope type thing is what basically gets all his followers in order. The manwolf, if we were to take this story literally, in a lore or trope, would have ended him for good reasons many times over.

But now SL literally looks like a "millenial" approach to focus on specific tropes at very specific times. The story writing just screams millenial. Maybe that's because it's what the next generation can handle mentally or with their psyche. Very specific tropes and very specific angles. The various factions (the way they're wrote) basically hit the nail on the coffin on that idea for me.
    ZenJellySignexMendel
  • RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    Just the same old with blizz nothing to get excited about
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Thought there would be more mobile plans released.
    angerbeaver
  • redcoreredcore Member UncommonPosts: 108
    hmm..wondering what will happen to tbc after one year from its official release. bots all over the place, GDKP's everywhere. economy one f*****g mess, i bet some people will find out how to boost...

same shit what happened to vanilla classic.

i am just not excited at all about anything from blizz these days.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Stumbled into Blizzconline when i thought was a Hearthstone tournament in twitch.
    They had Realz and some dude then Brian was putting on an amazing ACT to pretend he was overwhelmed with excitement.

Listened to some rubbish BS then exited shortly after.

It should be renamed from Blizzconline to >>TEE shirts are US,lmao that store was litered with crappy looking street vendor tee shirts and other crap.Even some purple Murloc plushie looked like it was made overseas by little kids.

Blizzard is such a scummy business right now,greed is all over their business,they give nothing away and everything is over the top priced.
    I especially love hearing them talk about FREE cards in HS.DIGITAL cards and we do NOT own them,so what are they giving us for free?I can't touch them,smell them,sell them,yo umight as well say they are giving the cards to themselves and just letting me use the digital copies once in awhile.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    So D2 for $120 when I can get it a GoG for $9ish. GG Bliz. Lots of fluff and time wasting in that Bliz con. Those that didn't try shadowlands yet when the new content patch launches would be the best time to try it out.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    edited February 2021
    Akulas said:
    So D2 for $120 when I can get it a GoG for $9ish. GG Bliz. 
    It's $40 and they put a TON of work into it

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/diablo_ii_resurrected?p=168304
  • GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    Starcraft: nothing. (lol)

I don't know. WoW storyline seems kinda cool with SL. I left a couple months after BFA. Just fealt like meh. We finally had some semblance or reasoning to go horde vs alliance but in the end the feminist policies played out and we're basically lead to believe everyone in the alliance and horde is lead by the few with an iron grip on its people on both sides. You must admit Anduin's Light/hope type thing is what basically gets all his followers in order. The manwolf, if we were to take this story literally, in a lore or trope, would have ended him for good reasons many times over.

But now SL literally looks like a "millenial" approach to focus on specific tropes at very specific times. The story writing just screams millenial. Maybe that's because it's what the next generation can handle mentally or with their psyche. Very specific tropes and very specific angles. The various factions (the way they're wrote) basically hit the nail on the coffin on that idea for me.

Care to give more examples of this "millenial storytelling" outside WoW? I'm interested in the concept.
  • ashiru_1978ashiru_1978 Member RarePosts: 818

Homura235 said:

I wish so too, but the incompetent idiots at Activision B. will not be able to pull it off and just mess it up, that's why they still milk WoW 1.0 - they are well aware they don't possess the talent to do anything better and all their creative talent already left the company, all the have now is underpaid intern monkeys.

I haven't paid attention to WoW's story since Cataclysm released and ruined the game ever since. They are developing their story around game mechanics, not the other way around. The story has not made any sense since 2010. They just repeat the same things over and over, going back and forth - a new evil, the Horde and Alliance band together to fight it off then go back to their eternal conflict.

At this point I'm roughly around 40% in touch with what the story is about and I think it's very stupid, boring and the locations where the new story takes place look really recycled and uninspired. For me WoW has long reached and passed its apogee and there is really nothing that Activision B. can do to revitalize it at this point. They will just milk it until the last players stop playing. My guess is then the game will go more F2P, like ESO where the base game is one thing, but all additional content has to be purchased separately. And then WoW will regress into more of a life support mode and when even that doesn't bring enough money, they will probably shut it down. After all this is their main income and that's what they care about - milking it till ti runs dry.
    Gorwe[Deleted User]
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Akulas said:

$40 is fine I will pay it gladly to play D2 again with that look.
    [Deleted User]
    Chamber of Chains
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

Akulas said:

Like they did with the Warcraft III revamp?
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

remsleep said:

cheyane said:

Akulas said:

It's not just the upgraded graphics - D2 is downright unplayable for me - I tried - this will bring the game's playability up to par.

Well, for people who can't enjoy an action rpg with depth Blizzard had an alternative.

Diablo 3 and 4

MikeJezZ said:

remsleep said:

cheyane said:

Akulas said:

It's not just the upgraded graphics - D2 is downright unplayable for me - I tried - this will bring the game's playability up to par.

Well, for people who can't enjoy an action rpg with depth Blizzard had an alternative.

Diablo 3 and 4

Diablo 2 had depth? In what way?
  • qtaqqtaq Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Who cares....
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Gorwe said:
    Starcraft: nothing. (lol)

Ditto nothing on the Warcraft RTS games.  Those two titles pretty much created and dominated the RTS market in the 90s and later.  (And the Warcraft RTS games haven't held up well).

Diablo is/was good, but the whole ARPG thing has worn itself thin on me.  I think it's the lone-guy-against-the-world thing.  But, I guess we'll get to see what new advancements they have in their cash shop.  And, of course, what new, innovative ways the players will find to circumvent the developers' intentions.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    I want them to increase Anima gains in WoW....
    xpsync
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited February 2021
    TheAmir said:
    I might (emphasis on MIGHT) pick up D2.

As someone who despises PVP gank boxes, I'll be hardcore avoiding D4 since it's obvious what direction they'll be taking that game in the future. Plus I've no desire to be forced to play on a multi-player server.

WoW is and has been dead to me for years, so I couldn't care less what they do with that dumpster fire.

I am sorry I was the one that made the mistake. You were right it is forced PvP to spend it.
    Post edited by cheyane on
    Chamber of Chains
  • SKurjSKurj Member UncommonPosts: 156
    how about that fix for scaling...
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Vutar said:

Homura235 said:

That is where I am with Blizzard Games at this point. WoW 2 or I don't care.

This is wow 2.0, the game isn't even recognizable from Vanilla.

Chromie Time swept old wow 1.0 under the rug.

You start on Exile's Reach to 10, BFA 10 to 50, and then on to the Shadowlands to 60.

You can do old expac's if you want but i've no idea if they have improved that experience or not? Going with that, yeah, ER, BFA, SL = Wow 2.0

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
    TheAmir said:
    I might (emphasis on MIGHT) pick up D2.

As someone who despises PVP gank boxes, I'll be hardcore avoiding D4 since it's obvious what direction they'll be taking that game in the future. Plus I've no desire to be forced to play on a multi-player server.

WoW is and has been dead to me for years, so I couldn't care less what they do with that dumpster fire.

The Rogue trailer does indeed worry me(though it might just end up as an instanced PvP a la PoE), but...

...what do PvP gank boxes and Diablo 4 have with each other?
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Product price for the Prime Evil Collections shows as AUD99.95 + Broadband connection fee = ? AU120 for me. So, I wasn't incorrect just didn't explain properly. 

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• HighclassXDHighclassXD Member UncommonPosts: 13

I honestly don’t care if blizzard disappears from history. They were perma-banned years and years ago.

Obv not if youre still reading their articles and posting comments. That takes commitment. You Love WoW and Blizzard. Stop acting hard