Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Outrider Demo Release Times Revealed | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2021 in News & Features Discussion

imageOutrider Demo Release Times Revealed | MMORPG.com

In a fairly lengthy Twitter thread recently, the Outriders team shared the exact times when you'll be able to grab the demo which starts on February 25.

Read the full story here

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I am so jaded by so much BS marketing i was already to write this off w/o hesitation but i didn't and instead did some homework because you just never know right?

Right away i see SE a studio that i have lost a lot of faith in,like i feel they are rushing al ltheir games out now a days as incomplete games.None the less i push on.....hmmm top notch Unreal engine studio,sounds good to me,nothing better than having a team knowledgeable with the engine.

Hmmm "People Can FLy" who the hell is that...hmmm Gears OF War,sounds good to me.
    Ok enough background check,seems worth checking out more.So i go to the website,check out the trailer,only so much info can be gathered from a traielr but i have beady eyes.

So the ONLY con i noticed was seems like there might be some,gaited,narrow laned content areas.

Everything else looks ,good,the characters,animations,effects,sounds combat all looks good.

So if i had to LABEL the game,perhaps Gears of War meets Destiny?
    Oh one more thing and maybe the best make it or break for me,NO MARKERS,at least none shown on the trailer.I lose it when i see games with see through wall hacking,destination markers ,that kind of BS hand holding turns me right off.

So verdict?...YES I recommend giving this a try,I know I will be.I would say the only thing left to break it is if the UI/controls are too cumbersome,otherwise this might return me back to the days of shooters.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

More pros..ALL platforms

One more con,looking into it more the combat can lean close to ARPG spammy combat.

Video.....

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• devilsheepdevilsheep Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I think I'm posting for the first time just to say I've never seen such a positive message from Wizardry. I guess I need to try the demo too now...
    Asheram[Deleted User]
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Wizardry said:
    I am so jaded by so much BS marketing i was already to write this off w/o hesitation but i didn't and instead did some homework because you just never know right?

Right away i see SE a studio that i have lost a lot of faith in,like i feel they are rushing al ltheir games out now a days as incomplete games.None the less i push on.....hmmm top notch Unreal engine studio,sounds good to me,nothing better than having a team knowledgeable with the engine.

Hmmm "People Can FLy" who the hell is that...hmmm Gears OF War,sounds good to me.
    Ok enough background check,seems worth checking out more.So i go to the website,check out the trailer,only so much info can be gathered from a traielr but i have beady eyes.

So the ONLY con i noticed was seems like there might be some,gaited,narrow laned content areas.

Everything else looks ,good,the characters,animations,effects,sounds combat all looks good.

So if i had to LABEL the game,perhaps Gears of War meets Destiny?
    Oh one more thing and maybe the best make it or break for me,NO MARKERS,at least none shown on the trailer.I lose it when i see games with see through wall hacking,destination markers ,that kind of BS hand holding turns me right off.

So verdict?...YES I recommend giving this a try,I know I will be.I would say the only thing left to break it is if the UI/controls are too cumbersome,otherwise this might return me back to the days of shooters.

Thanks for the info and the link. Great to see you positive about a game for a change. I may well give this a try just based on your posts here.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    I am always in interested to see if any looter shooters can raise the pathetically low bar. It's a genre that I should enjoy but always manages to disappoint.

I'm hopeful for this one. Not being a live service positions this one as a potential 3rd person Borderlands. Yes, please.
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 489
    edited February 2021
    Yes, bring back demos. This is the way. I want to try the game for free with smaller sized download. I want my own impression, not random internet people's. If I like the game, I will buy it. If I don't, no harm done.
    Asheram[Deleted User]
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    Yes, bring back demos. This is the way. I want to try the game for free with smaller sized download. I want my own impression, not random internet people's. If I like the game, I will buy it. If I don't, no harm done.
    Square Enix has been leading the charge on demos. They're making a fan of me.

I agree 100%,this is the way it used to be done.

I am only lost as to why?So i gave it the rest of the day to think about it and didn't SE take a lot of heat for 1-2 of their games of late,like a LOT of criticism.

So just maybe that is what it takes to get a developer to smarten up.Then again maybe a lot to do with the studio People Can FLy,maybe they demanded time and polish to make sure their product doesn't jade their studio.
    The good thing is there is no early access price tag,which Square doesn't do anyhow and we get to try it before buying it,what is there to lose>>>nothing but some time.

• TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Just as a note: From what I've heard the PC full release is on Epic and they have said the progression from the Steam demo will not carry over to the Epic version.
  • XdokiXdoki Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Hi all, the information related to the game is different ... someone know something accurate the live service ?