Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Texas Storm is no Joke.

UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
Just a heads up to everyone, Like many others living in Texas, I have been shut down for a bit due to the storm, the power outages made getting on line outside my phone, near impossible, and while, for the most part I am doing well, all things said and done. While I am still without water, the rotating power outs have less frequent, all things said and done, I was home, safe, with my family, so I was on many levels, lucky and fortunate.

To give you an idea of what things are like, while I have no idea why people huddle in the living room, as that is the largest room in the house, and takes the most effort to heat, so if you were on a fully electric house, well ok, I do not have a woodstove or a gas furnace, my cooking Stove and Hot Water are gas, but all my heat comes from electric. So with the rolling blackouts, if you were like me, where all your heat comes from electric, and thus you get like half hour on and hour off, the living room was not ideal, as houses in Texas are NOT well insulated, built to withstand a hurricane, not -1 degrees weather.

Anyway, my family bundled up in the master bedroom, and dragged every blanket and pillow into that room, to build little human teepees while we bunded together for warmth, with the dogs laying arcos our feet and legs.

I will say, it was like a game of "Well I did it last time" between the wife and I, when it came to who was gonna let the dogs out. But to their credit, they, bless them, didn't need to go that much, normally they go out around 4 to 5 times a day, the past 3 days, they went out twice a day and didn't push the issue, I think they didn't want to go outside either.

My wife's employer told her that they were shutting down the office till Friday, so thankfully she did not need to go to work at all. There was no construction going on during this either.

Anyway, Just wanted to give you all a heads up, from someone right in the middle of what is going down in Texas,  of what things are like right now.
Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    edited February 2021
    Just remember to get enough ventilation. Homes with little insulation are designed to have air permeate into the home rather than having a control unit. Being huddled together in a small space may lead to a lack of oxygen.
    Ungood