Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a great mmorpg with outstanding/best of the best CRAFTING

ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
I love to adventure. I love to craft. I hope to get your suggestions on what you feel would be an outstanding choice for myself and others to consider. I'm wide open on setting,and all other conditions. CRAFTING with depth and reward is my quest.
Thank you.

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    ESO is my fav MMO with crafting that is in retail. You can master all crafting types on one char and everything in game is designed so that player made items make the game go. Every crafting type is worth doing. Only game I enjoyed more for crafting was SWG and they have player run servers for that. 

• vtravivtravi Member UncommonPosts: 398
    FF14 Has the best crafting IMO..At least in early game..
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    SWG:L and OG EQ2 but yeah the game was trashed for a slice of wow pie. OG EQ2 a simple example, to make a chair, you had to make the glue, make the nails, plane the wood, weave the fabric AND you could die while crafting if you f'd up. Phenomenal depth much like SWG:L

It's time to choose your path.

[Deleted User]
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • CuddleheartCuddleheart Member UncommonPosts: 391
    I've been playing Albion.  Once you get into it, the crafting is super deep and gathering in non-PvP zones is really relaxing.  It's low spec and even runs on android so you can kinda play on the couch while watching TV.
    [Deleted User]
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    A Tale in the Desert is the best crafting MMO, and there is not a close second.  
    Scot[Deleted User]
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828
    Ryzom has probably the deepest and most complicated crafting. And everything of value is crafted, the mobs do not drop armor or weapons, only mats for crafting.

In Ryzom, there are no blueprints, no recipes. You have to discover what works. There are multiple ways to make the same type of item; for example, to make a knife, you could use a claw or fang dropped from a mob. Or you could use a seashell. Or a flint.

Each of these items has varying types and qualities, making crafting extremely complicated.

Ryzom is old now, and not highly populated, so may not be of interest. But it has the best crafting in any game IMHO.
    [Deleted User]

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited February 2021
    The most important factor is if the crafting really matters.Most every game i have played it doesn't matter and that is because the levels go by way too fast.In FFXI it mattered only because we had a sub class design meaning one player all classes,so everything you crafted,bought,camped was useful class to class over several years.

If a game only has an altaholic design you'll just level faster than you craft and outlevel all crafting,so pointless.In EQ2 it was pretty good but unless you pay to play "now"you can't adjust your achievement trees nor your level.Then even if you do pay it is like many a TIER game,meaning you just craft and then recraft the same thing "different naming" for the next tier ,so 1-10,then 11-20 etc etc.

I never tried TESO crafting but i somehow doubt it is as good or useful as some might claim but maybe it is.One character,one class pretty much means crafting is pointless.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    If i personally was going to choose a game just for crafting,it would likely be EQ2 but i won't play it because i would have to spend money where as i rather play FFXI for free on private servers.
    So my suggestion might be to look for a private EQ2 server.However there are too many untold questions like WHY the crafting?If you are hoping to do crafting to make in game currency then i doubt any game is useful but if you want crafting for yourself and maybe friends then yeah EQ2 private server might be a good option.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Wizardry said:

I never tried TESO crafting but i somehow doubt it is as good or useful as some might claim but maybe it is.One character,one class pretty much means crafting is pointless.
    I'm not sure I agree with your last assertion but Crafting in the Elder Scrolls Online is helpful.

To the point, all my gear is crafted and crafted by myself. First time in any mmorpg.

I have huge complaints about the game but crafting is not one of them.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    For those interested....I craft because I want superior items...I like doing it.... but the  crafting must be truly meaningful. I did not detail this info because I wanted my question to be as open and unconditional as possible.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    For those interested....I craft because I want superior items...I like doing it.... but the  crafting must be truly meaningful. I did not detail this info because I wanted my question to be as open and unconditional as possible.
    In a lot of games, crafting is one source of items among many.  Games often such make crafting irrelevant because you can get better items from other sources.  In A Tale in the Desert, crafting is the game and there aren't other significant sources of items to compete with it.
    [Deleted User]
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    EQ2 has great crafting

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!