Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New world launch date confirmed

NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
Launch update
Today we announced the move of New World's launch from Spring 2021 to August 31, 2021. We considered this decision very carefully but need to take the time to add new features, tune, and polish. We are committed to delivering a high quality experience.
With this launch date, closed beta will begin on July 20th. Please visit our development blog at the link below to learn more about our roadmap and new features such as five-player Expeditions, the 20 vs. 20 Outpost Rush, and an additional territory, Ebonscale Reach.

https://www.newworld.com/en-us/news/articles/new-world-developer-update
Tokken

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Sounds like a good move, better it be ready as there are high expectations riding on this game's release.

NanfoodleTheocritus[Deleted User]Tokkenmcrippins

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Kyleran said:
    Sounds like a good move, better it be ready as there are high expectations riding on this game's release.

Would be nice to see at least a semi-polished MMO release in my life time. I hope this marks a trend for Amazon Game Studios. 
    KyleranTokken[Deleted User]Sovrath
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Kyleran said:

Agree in general, but history has shown very little correlation between delays and a good eventual release.   I'm on board with hoping this one bucks the trend... but certainly advise caution.
    [Deleted User]TwistedSister77

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ZiCrOZiCrO Member UncommonPosts: 11
    If the preview event is anything to go on I think most people will be surprised in New World. The crafting, resource gathering, exploring, combat and overall gameplay was in a good state. Just need to add more usable weapons, variety quests, dungeons and end game content(which they have said they're working on) and polish then it'll be in a good release state.
    [Deleted User]
  • MrSoulPantsMrSoulPants Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Who gives a shit when it releases, I just hope I like it when it does. 
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]Sovrath
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Having tried it, I can't wait to play it.
    I was sent Alpha access and beta access but never installed it.   Then later when I wanted to give it a look, I don't currently have access.  Oh well, maybe its for the best  and I'll get a fresh look when they open the beta again to the original backers.

Kyleran[Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Definitely seems like a title where it might be best to follow my normal policy of waiting a while, 6 mo to a year even post launch to give it some time to mature some.
    TwistedSister77baphamet

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    One problem,you can't believe everything you hear.It is possible they have simply been moving employees around to other games and just doing spot duty on this when they have the time.
    A developer can say whatever they feel like saying,they could say it is delayed for 2 years but if no work was put into it so what.
    Only those that played it during testing and return later will know if they actually put a years work into it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TRD87TRD87 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Good to hear that there's someone in the organization who is willing to make decisions for the better. A lot of game devs are simply releasing games due to pressure from marketers and investors. I'm willing to wait for a few extra months.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Having tried it, I can't wait to play it.

Yes, it will be interesting to see the changes. In any case, I'll be there.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo