Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NCSoft's Korean Blade & Soul 2 Showcase - Shows Off Gameplay and a Google Play Trailer | MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2021 in Videos Discussion

imageNCSoft's Korean Blade & Soul 2 Showcase - Shows Off Gameplay and a Google Play Trailer | MMORPG.com

Last night NCSOFT posted quite a few videos as part of a Blade & Soul 2 showcase, that featured some cinematic trailers, and a look at combat.

Read the full story here

Comments

• RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 808
    edited February 2021
    Yet they still can't solve the biggest problem with these games in general. Making them fun, and more than just killing monsters standing around in a field. Get off the fucking combat train. Make quests and stories more interesting in these games and maybe we'll finally see the genre advance past these generic korean grinders.
    Valdheimalin1209NeoyoshiGorwe
    I like to complain about games.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I actually checked out BnS like 2-3 days ago and i was kind of stunned at how bad it looked,i thought i remebered it being a mildly decent game as far as KR game design goes but nope,it's bad.
    So i can't imagine the interest in a BnS 2 aside from it is EASY for them to pull off a new face on an old game to try and reinvigorate new interest.

What i have noticed says a lot about gamers as well because there seems to be a large number of people jus twaiting to hop into EVERYTHING that pops up as new,like it is crazy,nostandards just NEW ok i'm in.
    Neoyoshi

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,141
    Because of course the 2nd game is a Mobile game.

*throws hands up in the air*

fucking of course...

*stomps off*

Thank jesus there are still a small handful of mmorpg's on PC worth it's salt, but jesus christ... why am i still so surprised by these sort of things?

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Neoyoshi said:

fucking of course...

*stomps off*

Thank jesus there are still a small handful of mmorpg's on PC worth it's salt, but jesus christ... why am i still so surprised by these sort of things?
    I don't mind it being mobile... but.....

Why does Blade & Soul need TWO mobile games? They already have revolution out that's going global this year.. why ANOTHER one? 

• GorweGorwe Member Posts: 1,428
    Let's just get one thing straight: it IS a PC game, right?

And as for the story of Blade and Soul...it's complicated. On one hand it's this standard, quite enjoyable revenge tale, on another hand, implementation of quests / story is archaic(what Ridrith said). I'll think some more about it.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Neoyoshi said:

fucking of course...

*stomps off*

Because if you look at the earnings report, mobile games make them like 80% of their money. It sucks, but that's where the money is and businesses go for money. 
  • olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829
    Mobile market is huge. I was in Japan about 10 years ago, and everybody was playing some kind of mobile game.

Even the middle-aged businessmen going home on the train; ALL of them had some kind of handheld game.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178
    It's because they still make games on mobile that don't require stupid hardware and that appeals to literally everyone.

If you don't play a mobile game I honestly believe you are a sociopath or a serial killer at best.
    It's like a pretty big tell when dudes phone is just base apps and tinder.

Like are you really playing pc mmorpg's? Seriously? They are dead as hell compared to mobile mmorpg's. Which is pretty much where the genre went and flourished.

I mean dude BDO on mobile is more fun than pc for the sheer amount of people. But I play mmo's for the people part. I will not play a low pop game.
    SignexRidrith